Now that a good chunk of the BB10 services have shut down, I can no longer download SD card drivers. Does anyone have alternate ways of getting these drivers to gain access to an SD card on a Blackberry Classic?

The intent of the device was to use it as mostly a emulation system, which works quite well, but obviously the extra space would be nice...
    01-06-22 04:08 AM
    A 16g card preformatted FAT32 works without needing additional drivers. I tried it just now. I'm guessing 32g and even 64g might work oob likewise. 128g formatted exfat definitely needs the external drivers, no longer available. How much extra space do you need? Play around?
    01-06-22 06:44 AM
    Just tried 64gb and it wouldn't work...never had a 16gb I don't believe. And annoyingly the only 32gb card I have is only showing 16 MB... sigh.

Did you try with a newly formatted Blackberry Classic? One that had never had a sd card in there before? I seriously wish I had thought of the servers before the 4th.
    01-06-22 07:59 AM
    Yes, FAT32 and FAT16 will work without additional drivers.
    Last edited by conite; 01-06-22 at 11:23 PM.
    01-06-22 08:46 AM
    OK So finally had some time to sit down with it. The driver that is downloading is indeed the exfat driver. Which makes sense as this is a pay for license for OS makers, and so it would seem that potentially there is some contractual reason it cant be shipped with BB10.

That being said: Turns out the device does support any size Fat32 drive. Fat64 is not a thing btw (unless you are using some short hand term for exFat, which apparently is a thing people do).

Currently rocking a fat32 formatted 512GB sd card..

Sure there are some limitations to this, but I don't plan on having individual files be larger than 4GB in this storage, which is one of the bigger reasons to not use Fat32 in a modern computer.
    01-06-22 10:32 PM
    OK So finally had some time to sit down with it. The driver that is downloading is indeed the exfat driver. Which makes sense as this is a pay for license for OS makers, and so it would seem that potentially there is some contractual reason it cant be shipped with BB10.

That being said: Turns out the device does support any size Fat32 drive. Fat64 is not a thing btw (unless you are using some short hand term for exFat, which apparently is a thing people do).

Currently rocking a fat32 formatted 512GB sd card..

Sure there are some limitations to this, but I don't plan on having individual files be larger than 4GB in this storage, which is one of the bigger reasons to not use Fat32 in a modern computer.
    True about FAT64, but I meant to write FAT16.
    01-06-22 11:23 PM
    True about FAT64, but I meant to write FAT16.
    And here I thought your SD card maybe had a bit too much turkey over the holidays.
    conite and diegonei like this.
    01-07-22 08:16 AM
    my q10 had the driver. my passport was missing it and could not download it after inserting a sdhx card. THIS BAR FILE HELPED ME: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...errors-967647/
    hazmaju and diegonei like this.
    01-09-22 02:04 PM
    my q10 had the driver. my passport was missing it and could not download it after inserting a sdhx card. THIS BAR FILE HELPED ME: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...errors-967647/
    Good find. I'd forgotten about that. I'll add it to the BB10 archive.
    m_santos and diegonei like this.
    01-09-22 02:07 PM
    Really hoped this will fixed the problem but it didn’t work for me. I downloaded the zip file but still the same error issue with the driver for my 128gb Samsung sd card.
    02-11-22 06:09 AM
    Really hoped this will fixed the problem but it didn’t work for me. I downloaded the zip file but still the same error issue with the driver for my 128gb Samsung sd card.
    It's a bar file that needs to be sideloaded from your PC.
    SergioSzm likes this.
    02-11-22 07:10 AM
    @conite:
    in annother thread, i wrote, that my Q10 doesn't boot up complete.
    You told, that it can't be because of BB ID.
    In the weeks, before it suddenly did not boot up complete, i had many messages in the HUB from/over BB ID.

Allso, i could not access my SD card anymore....
    Finally it did not boot up complete....

Anyway: now, i am using annother Q10 - which boot up normal - but, does not complete the setup.
    Of course not - BB ID is impossible i know.
    Now, i can't run chrome playbook manager - Chrome is telling me about security problem...

The device manager tell me, to complete setup - which is not impossible,
    Allso, he tell me, that device + SD card is not mounted....
    Is there in this case anyway, to sideload bar files?
    I don't know anything about it... Allways did it using playbook manager...
    03-16-22 12:33 PM
    @conite:
    in annother thread, i wrote, that my Q10 doesn't boot up complete.
    You told, that it can't be because of BB ID.
    In the weeks, before it suddenly did not boot up complete, i had many messages in the HUB from/over BB ID.

Allso, i could not access my SD card anymore....
    Finally it did not boot up complete....

Anyway: now, i am using annother Q10 - which boot up normal - but, does not complete the setup.
    Of course not - BB ID is impossible i know.
    Now, i can't run chrome playbook manager - Chrome is telling me about security problem...

The device manager tell me, to complete setup - which is not impossible,
    Allso, he tell me, that device + SD card is not mounted....
    Is there in this case anyway, to sideload bar files?
    I don't know anything about it... Allways did it using playbook manager...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1193846/
    03-16-22 12:36 PM
    03-25-23 03:53 PM
    Installing SD Card drivers in 2022-screenshot-blackberry.png

still don't understand why wiki indicates that the blackberry classic Q20 can use upto 256GB of micro SD card, is this true? but, why i see some websites only says that it only supports upto 128GB of micro SD cards? i am very confused right now.

sources:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Classic
    https://www.techadvisor.com/article/...ic-review.html
    04-09-23 08:01 AM
    anyone who has blackberry classic q20, tried a micro sd card of 256GB working without issues? can anyone verify this? tnx.
    04-09-23 08:07 AM
    anyone who has blackberry classic q20, tried a micro sd card of 256GB working without issues? can anyone verify this? tnx.
    I used to have one in my Classic no problems, in theory you can use one up to 2TB.
    04-09-23 02:59 PM
    okay. thank you for the response.. now the only thing that i need to do in a fresh setup blackberry q20, is to install the updated drivers for micro sdxc support. and then used sachesi for the installation..

Links i've found for the app:
    https://bbstore.vercel.app/apps/5WJ58pLhYvbkfknUzOBE
    https://lunarproject.org/archive/Bla...BB10_final.bar

Links for sachesi and procedure:
    https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases
    classiq10 likes this.
    04-09-23 03:58 PM
    The varying size limits listed for SD cards was basically because they were indicating the sizes that were generally available on the market at the time that the limits were originally published. Not the potential limit which is 2 TB.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    04-09-23 07:26 PM