I sold both my 2 x 9900 Bolds this last month and purchased a Blackberry Classic that I absolutely love. I sold the 2 Bolds because BIS will be discontinued at the end of 2019 - the 9900 was a beautiful device that worked well although the browser was beginning to show problems such as connecting to various sites I regularly visited.

Anyway, I'd like to install a certain app that's only available for Android devices and I was wondering if I could or should install Google Play Store on my Classic. Is there an easy install to run Google Play Store on the Classic and is it worth the trouble?

I'm really sad that OS10 is no longer being developed and that support will be discontinued at the end of 2019 - its a beautiful OS and I can't understand how this OS didn't catch-on other than apps weren't being developed for it. I read in one thread on thsi forum that BB should have at least tried to market its OS10 devices as low cost devices and this seemed to make sense - with 50 million users, how could they have lost money on this OS?
    10-09-18 06:40 PM
    I sold both my 2 x 9900 Bolds this last month and purchased a Blackberry Classic that I absolutely love. I sold the 2 Bolds because BIS will be discontinued at the end of 2019 - the 9900 was a beautiful device that worked well although the browser was beginning to show problems such as connecting to various sites I regularly visited.

Anyway, I'd like to install a certain app that's only available for Android devices and I was wondering if I could or should install Google Play Store on my Classic. Is there an easy install to run Google Play Store on the Classic and is it worth the trouble?

I'm really sad that OS10 is no longer being developed and that support will be discontinued at the end of 2019 - its a beautiful OS and I can't understand how this OS didn't catch-on other than apps weren't being developed for it. I read in one thread on thsi forum that BB should have at least tried to market its OS10 devices as low cost devices and this seemed to make sense - with 50 million users, how could they have lost money on this OS?
    10 million users.

In any event, here is Yalp, a Google Play Store client that will work on BB10:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/
    10-09-18 06:46 PM
    Thank you, I'll try it.
    10-09-18 08:02 PM
    Thank you, I'll try it.
    You may also want to search the forums for Cobalt's method if this app needs Google Play Services bb9900. Failing that you can also see if the app is available on Aptoide, which you can install here:

Aptoide - Own Your Android Market

Aptoide is an alternative Android app store that tends to have many of the more popular apps without the hangups of Google Play Services and the like.

By the way, you're absolutely right about BB10.
    10-09-18 08:22 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger, I found Cobalt's method and Aptoide looks interesting too.

Yes too sad about BB10, it just doesn't make sense and the Classic is way more beautiful a device than any samsung or HTC device, even the latest BB devices don't look as nice.
    10-09-18 09:14 PM
    Thanks TrumpetTiger, I found Cobalt's method and Aptoide looks interesting too.

Yes too sad about BB10, it just doesn't make sense and the Classic is way more beautiful a device than any samsung or HTC device, even the latest BB devices don't look as nice.
    Aptoid is a reservoir for a lot of malware. be careful.
    10-10-18 12:09 AM
    As is Google Play. But you at least don't have the compatibility issues you have with Google Play Services. (without Cobalt's method of course). To each their own--use whatever works best for you and be vigilant in general about malware.

Very sad yes. The latest BB Mobile devices (which are actually made by TCL, not Blackberry Limited as you may know) are just really licensed devices, but they work well for people who miss the PKBs and want to use Android. It could have gone so much differently...
    10-10-18 04:09 AM
    Looks like you only joined CrackBerry in September. There are tons of threads going back years discussing why BB10 did not succeed. Sad, but it is what it is.

Enjoy your Classic.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-10-18 11:19 AM
    Not to mention that with the default install the app chews through your battery like a hog through a bushel of corn. I highly recommend the Yalp Store.
    10-10-18 11:48 AM
    Does anyone have comments about the Amazon App store that comes preloaded with the Classic/BB10?
    10-10-18 01:57 PM
    Does anyone have comments about the Amazon App store that comes preloaded with the Classic/BB10?
    Yeah, it's bad and full of junk mostly. I hide it in a folder named Junk along with other stuff I can't uninstall like Tutorials, Help, Setup etc.
    10-10-18 02:11 PM
    Not to mention that with the default install the app chews through your battery like a hog through a bushel of corn. I highly recommend the Yalp Store.
    Hmmm...I have absolutely no issues with Aptoide and battery life. To each their own, but I still recommend it as an excellent option if you're looking for Android apps that do not have the compatibility hangups of Google Play.
    10-10-18 04:51 PM
    Yeah, it's bad and full of junk mostly. I hide it in a folder named Junk along with other stuff I can't uninstall like Tutorials, Help, Setup etc.
    I'll agree that the selection isn't as good as the more Google Android-focused app stores out there, but the Amazon app store app itself seems to work well.
    10-10-18 04:52 PM
    Does Aptoide (Aptoide - Own Your Android Market) require any special instructions to install on my Classic like Google Play (Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10) ?
    10-10-18 07:12 PM
    Does Aptoide (Aptoide - Own Your Android Market) require any special instructions to install on my Classic like Google Play (Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10) ?
    Not really but if you do decide to install the Aptoide app (I don't recommend it - deleted it quite some time ago) make sure you turn off ALL notifications in the settings or it will deplete your battery and cause possible overheating imho. Again, Yalp store is what I use with F-Droid as an open source store with Google Services- free android apps (some of which are very good on the Passport (I like Newpipe, DroidShows, Currency for example). It's easy enough to just place a shortcut to the Aptoide web site on your desktop if you find that the app is getting out of control. The key to using a Classic (or any BB10 phone for that matter) without major problems IS TO LIMIT THE NUMBER OF ANDROID APPS. More than 15 on the Classic will degrade the experience in many cases. This depends, of course, on how power intensive they are. Generally, social media android apps are brutal and the more you have the worse your device will run.
    10-10-18 07:29 PM
    Ok fair enough, is there a Yalp Store guide for installing it on my Classic similar to cobalt's instructions?
    10-10-18 07:40 PM
    Ok fair enough, is there a Yalp Store guide for installing it on my Classic similar to cobalt's instructions?
    With respect to brookie's experience, I have yet to encounter an issue with Aptoide, including battery drain. I do recommend it for hassle-free Android apps. It does not require any special instructions no--just go to Aptoide - Own Your Android Market from your Classic, tap "Install Aptoide" and you're good to go. The APK will download and all you have to do is tap Install.

As far as I can tell Yalp requires one to install F-Droid first or download the app using your computer rather than directly from APKMirror or the like, but I'll defer to brookie and conite on that in case they are aware of some method to install directly from a Blackberry 10 device.
    10-10-18 07:58 PM
    It does not require any special instructions no--just go to Aptoide - Own Your Android Market from your Classic, tap "Install Aptoide" and you're good to go. The APK will download and all you have to do is tap Install.
    This is exactly what I'm looking for (an easy install) and why I hesitated to try cobalt's method, there's just too many steps. Thank you.
    10-10-18 08:07 PM
    All you have to do is point your BB10 browser to here: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....min.yalpstore/ then download and install the app. On the above web link scroll down the page to where it shows Ver. 0.43 and tap the Download Apk 1.4 miB. The app will be saved and you can install it right on your device. So easy!
    10-10-18 08:18 PM
    As far as I can tell Yalp requires one to install F-Droid first or download the app using your computer rather than directly from APKMirror
    No, you can install it right from your BB10 device as I've described above.
    10-10-18 08:20 PM
    I installed Aptoid and downloaded the app I need. The app is asking me to update it but Aptoid doesn't seem to have the version I need - "You must upgrade to the latest version of the app". I'm assuming that android on BB10 is an older version. I checked the Yalp store and it has a similar but later version of the app. my Classic specs are SQC100-4 10.3.3.2137.
    10-10-18 08:51 PM
    I installed Aptoid and downloaded the app I need. The app is asking me to update it but Aptoid doesn't seem to have the version I need - "You must upgrade to the latest version of the app". I'm assuming that android on BB10 is an older version. I checked the Yalp store and it has a similar but later version of the app. my Classic specs are SQC100-4 10.3.3.2137.
    If you can tell me what app it is I can tell you if it will work on your Classic.
    10-10-18 08:54 PM
    See post#2. Easy and safe.
    10-10-18 08:58 PM
    If you can tell me what app it is I can tell you if it will work on your Classic.
    the app is: Sentrismart
    10-10-18 09:02 PM
    the app is: Sentrismart
    Sorry won't work on your device as it requires Android 6 or higher.
    10-10-18 09:09 PM
63 123