Do we need to patch the app?

I have installed latest version but I'm not getting any notification
    11-12-16 08:46 AM
    Anybody pls respond
    11-13-16 08:48 AM
    because its dependant on google play services, and it detects patching, so it's not going to work
    11-13-16 09:08 AM
    because its dependant on google play services, and it detects patching, so it's not going to work
    I have set up Google play services using cobalt method
    11-13-16 09:12 AM
    yes, but the newer version of whatsapp requires the actual signature from Google, even patching the app no longer works.
    even downloading a earlier version of whatsapp doesnt work because it'll ask to update
    11-13-16 09:48 AM
    I dont use whatsapp, but ive tried to install apps like whatsapp and snapchat to see if I can help out the community, but nothing works, i've tried backing and restoring apps from my Priv to Passport,,, nothing
    11-13-16 09:50 AM
    Latest whatsapp from cobalt play store work without patching. When it pop up for G play service don't click "ok". U have just click anywhere outside of the pop up screen and it will directly bypass the "looking for backup" and wrk fine.
    Snap will not work on bb10
    11-13-16 10:45 AM
    Latest whatsapp from cobalt play store work without patching. When it pop up for G play service don't click "ok". U have just click anywhere outside of the pop up screen and it will directly bypass the "looking for backup" and wrk fine.
    Snap will not work on bb10
    I have installed whatsapp from playstore using cobalt method..but that doesn't send notifications
    11-13-16 01:26 PM
    Install WAA fixer with it. And everything will work
    11-13-16 01:30 PM
    Install WAA fixer with it. And everything will work
    If my understanding is correct Waa fixer is to fix permission issue which helps us to send and receive media without any issues
    11-13-16 01:46 PM
    Waa fixer is not going to make any changes to notification functionality of
    11-13-16 10:31 PM
    Patch it via cobalt's patcher if it's an apk app.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 10:46 PM
    Okay.
    Finally Found the Solution.
    Those who have already installed the app, Go to device storage and clear data for the app. Then Follow the steps
    Step1: Open Whatsapp
    Step2: Complete all formalities of verification code. Wait when you get the pop up warning for google play services. (It will come even if you have installed google play by Cobalt)
    Step3: When the error comes for Google Play Services do not press Ok. Instead just press anywhere outside the pop up warning and it will start working.

Enjoy. Reply with your results.
    Man the simplest things.. Thanks for the tip only took almost 2 hrs of searching and reinstall and nothing until I found your post..lol ..Thanks again
    11-17-16 09:44 AM
    Good to know it worked. Please hit like on the solution if it helped you. Cheers.
    11-28-16 11:08 PM
    Good to know it worked. Please hit like on the solution post if it helped you. Cheers.
    11-28-16 11:10 PM
    Question:

Whatsapp doesnt make phone calls? Something I am missing?
    02-05-17 03:58 PM
    Yes, it works!! This is the solutioon " Instead just press anywhere outside the pop up warning and it will start working."
    It's simple! ;-)

Thx
    04-13-17 02:21 PM
    Okay.
    Those who have already installed the app, Go to device storage and clear data for the app. Then Follow the steps
    Step2: Complete all formalities of verification code. Wait when you get the pop up warning for google play services. (It will come even if you have installed google play by Cobalt)
    Step3: When the error comes for Google Play Services do not press Ok. Instead just press anywhere outside the pop up warning and it will start working.

Wow! That's a gem! WA working perfectly. Thanks and God bless you.
    06-05-17 02:27 AM
    Okay.

Thanks buddy. Was stuck at that the backup point on my BlackBerry Passport OS version 10.3.2.2836. Instead of clicking on the Ok for the message about Google Play Services, I clicked the enter key on the keyboard, and as expected, it proceeded with the installation instead of looking for backups...

Thanks a ton!!!
    01-04-18 11:56 PM
    i swear you some kind of genius....thanks a lot
    Thanks alot. I have been so frustrated. You are indeed a life saver
    03-05-18 09:02 AM
45 12