Somehow my son linked his Instagram account to my facebook account and now when I try to login to my instagram on my Z10 using the facebook password reset, I put MY facebook credentials and then it logs me in to HIS instagram account not mine

Which smart crackberry user is clever enough to get me out of this mess?
    04-28-13 10:24 AM
    Just ask your son to unlink your Instagram account from his Facebook account...
    04-28-13 10:32 AM
    Log into FB on a pc, go to account settings, apps, hit the gray X next to Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:34 AM
    I had him un check Facebook from his instagram settings and both him and I went in our applications in Facebook and deleted instagram but it still does the same thing. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:39 AM
    Delete the App, reboot. See if the app actually deleted. If it did not, delete Nd reboot again and until it's gone. Then sideload it again, hit login, DON'T try to login. Instead go straight to forgot password and go from there.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 12:32 PM
    If I close Instagram can you get back in or do you have to do another password reset?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 03:33 PM
    If I close Instagram can you get back in or do you have to do another password reset?

Posted via CB10
    Once you're signed in, you can close it. Just don't log out of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:09 PM
    I deleted and reinstalled the app on my Z10 but it has nothing to do with that. Somehow there has to be a way to link my instagram with my Facebook and remove the link of my son's instagram from my Facebook. Anybody know how to do that?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 07:36 PM
    Did you follow my previous instructions? It's not a check box. It's an X to delete the association as must be done on Facebook on a pc.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:33 PM
    Yes I did that

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:54 PM
    When you did the forget password, did you log in using your info? It just seems that the app is still authorized for his account.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:03 PM
    I had the same issue. Here's how to fix it :

1) Remove Instagram from your fb apps
    2) open instagram on Android phone and sign in
    3) log-in to Facebook on Android browser
    4) now go back to instagram and sign in on Android phone
    5) go to My profile tab (right most tab) and click on three dotted button beside search on right top
    6) go to sharing settings and choose fb. And it should link to your profile that is logged in on browser. Hit yes
    7) now on Z10, sign-in, reset password with fb and now reset password pop-up will appear on Z10

Enjoy! Haven't tried on iPhone but should work

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 12:52 AM

5) go to My profile tab (right most tab) and click on three dotted button beside search on right top
    6) go to sharing settings and choose fb. And it should link to your profile that is logged in on browser. Hit yes
    7) now on Z10, sign-in, reset password with fb and now reset password pop-up will appear on Z10

Posted via CB10
    Tried it with ipad. It first logged in as my partner's id on ipad after she logged in on the ipad before I finished the fb reset. What I did was logged her out and I logged back in on the ipad. Did the same on fb app on ipad then logged both acc out. Next I re-sideload ig on my z10 and the fb reset worked again with my account. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    THIS WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. This has been frustrating me for a while now. I really appreciate the help.
    04-29-13 07:53 AM
    Once you're signed in, you can close it. Just don't log out of it.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect. Thanks!

Works pretty well I must say. Hope Instagram leaves it alone.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 10:50 AM
    THIS WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH. This has been frustrating me for a while now. I really appreciate the help.
    HI.. Just got my BB z10 few days ago..I side loaded instagram on my phone and im encountering same problem.. followed everyting on this thread still no luck. PLS HELP!! thank you
    05-09-13 01:26 AM
    I am having issue with loggin in my instagram account on my Z10, I went to reset using facebook but it give me a error messaging saying "Sorry we can not complete your request please try again in a moment
    Theunoffical_3 likes this.
    05-13-13 04:09 PM
    Somehow my son linked his Instagram account to my facebook account and now when I try to login to my instagram on my Z10 using the facebook password reset, I put MY facebook credentials and then it logs me in to HIS instagram account not mine

Which smart crackberry user is clever enough to get me out of this mess?
    10-12-13 12:50 AM
    I tried to log into my instagram account and it said "to secure your account, we have reset your password" but I never asked to reset my password because I lost my google account information. I tried logging in with facebook also but it's taking me to someone else's instagram. I cant recover my password, what do I do ?
    12-27-13 08:37 PM
    Tried it with ipad. It first logged in as my partner's id on ipad after she logged in on the ipad before I finished the fb reset. What I did was logged her out and I logged back in on the ipad. Did the same on fb app on ipad then logged both acc out. Next I re-sideload ig on my z10 and the fb reset worked again with my account. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Wait. What? Can you write this more clearly. I can't tell what you logged into or out of or exactly what order you did things in order to remedy this issue.

You logged in on an iPad and she logged in on an iPad? Logged back in, logged her out. How's that possible? What account are you logging in and out of? Basically can you summarize this into steps, please?
    12-06-15 11:45 AM