This guy needs to know more about BB10. He has dropped Microsoft, Google and Apple for all the same reasons that I've dropped them too.

https://medium.com/backchannel/why-i...ft-78af12071bd

Someone should reach out to him. He's influence. His name is Dan Gillmor. I'm not a reader of mainstream US media so I don't know anything about him, and I came across his article only because I'm going to visit a new laptop soon. Reading his article, I see that he's got seniority and clout in many circles.

Since I need to buy a new laptop or tablet for the few things I can't do well with my BB10 device, I am looking into the alternatives. I'd like to discuss this in the month of March 2015. This is relevant to the article by Dan Gillmor, too.

Please comment.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:01 AM
    He seems more concerned with moving towards open-source community created projects and software versus proprietary code. BlackBerry, as awesome as it is, is not open source.

It'd be a worth a shot presenting an alternative platform to him. If he's willing to tweak everything in support of running Linux he may be willing to do the same for BB10 - if he likes it that is.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    03-01-15 12:06 PM
    And what BBRY exactly has to do with the open-source community he is aiming/referring to?
    03-01-15 12:21 PM