BIS are getting cheaper since BB10 released.
    I'm on Telkomsel and BIS now less than $ 7 with unlimited data plan compared to $5 for 3GB, with that tiny margin BIS will win for sure.

If you're talking about connection speed, it's varies with carrier.
    I found that BIS is a little slower than volume based plans, but not much different since they still on 3G network.
    i'm with telkomsel to...

unlimited plan but you cant use it to watch youtube or other video streaming...slower internet speed connection, and can only download limited file, besides with BIS you have to expect your data need to be compressed, it is great for basic function but, but for today smartphone it is not enough
    chrizrun30 likes this.
    12-31-13 12:36 AM
    "Sell like Hell"? That was a flop quote by Thorsten LOL. Lets hope it sells fantastic and brings back the glory.

this I agree with the right pricing I believe BlackBerry will sell like hell in indonesia

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:43 AM
    1. Price cheaper is better but if the quality is not equal to Z10 minimum then its a waste
    2. 2GB RAM minimum
    3. 8 GB Internal Storage + external storage support
    4. 8MP camera or more + dual flash + autofocus
    5. All Touchscreen
    6. USB + HDMI
    7. 2G & 3G & LTE network
    8. 10.2.1.xxxx is a must with Android APK capabilities
    9. Removable battery
    10. Size like iPhone 5 or maximum like Z10
    I don't think this is a spec for Jakarta, especially no 4 for dual flash & no 7 for LTE since Indonesia until the end of 2014 won't support any LTE network.
    12-31-13 02:26 AM
    I'm Indonesian, and here it is:

1. Hardware Keyboard (like Q5 keyboard, cheap and comfy. Well, for me.)
    2. 2GB RAM
    3. 8GB Internal. (I personally want 16GB, but that will raise the cost.)
    4. Price under $200 USD
    5. 720p Resolution
    6. 4.0" Screen Size
    7. 5MP camera + flash + autofocus
    8. USB OTG will be nice.
    9. 2G + 3G + 4G (I know Indonesia haven't got 4G yet, but it's already planned around next year or 2015. So it'll be nice to have some device ready for it.)
    10. WiFi capability
    11. NO BIS (BIS Is cheaper, but it's not that flexible. you can't watch youtube, download is very limited, and etc.)
    12. SINGLE SIM
    13. The latest OS.
    14. Removable Battery.

That's it, what i think will fit for this device in Indonesia.
    12-31-13 02:53 AM
    I don't think this is a spec for Jakarta, especially no 4 for dual flash & no 7 for LTE since Indonesia until the end of 2014 won't support any LTE network.
    Well, like you said. "Until the end of 2014" So it must be coming. And it will be nice to have phone with that capabilities so we can use it without changing our phone
    12-31-13 02:56 AM
    Updated vote tallies.

Once again, thank you for your votes.
    12-31-13 03:30 AM
    Well, like you said. "Until the end of 2014" So it must be coming. And it will be nice to have phone with that capabilities so we can use it without changing our phone
    I also wishing for LTE capabilty, but I'm trying be more realistic for a low cost device.
    Chen already said it before that jakarta will running on 3G network.
    keypad likes this.
    12-31-13 07:08 AM
    Everything more than $150 is suicide (BGR)

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:32 AM
    There have been discussions and speculation about the upcoming "Jakarta" BlackBerry smartphone designed for Indonesia.

I would love to know what INDONESIANS think about what features are most important to you if you had a chance to design that new device any way you like.

Rather than post an easily-gamed poll, I will enumerate a list of features and posters can simply include the feature number(s) in their posts that most appeal to them. I may add features to the post if I missed something in the OP.

I will tally votes after each list item in curly-braces, like this: {2} equals 2 votes.

1. All Touchscreen {5}
    2. Hardware Keyboard {2}
    3. Deluxe Hardware Keyboard (like Q10)
    4. 2GB RAM minimum (like current devices) {8}
    5. 1GB RAM minimum (cost-saving measure, runs fewer apps)
    6. 8 GB Internal Storage {7}
    7. 8 GB Internal Storage + add-on card {1}
    8. 16 GB Internal Storage
    9. Price under $300 USD {1}
    10. Price under $200 USD {6}
    11. Price under $100 USD
    12. 4.5" screensize minimum {1}
    13. 4.0" screensize minimum {1}
    14. 720p resolution screen minimum {2}
    15. No larger than Z10 size {1}
    16. 8MP camera minimum + dual flash + autofocus {1}
    17. 8MP camera {1}
    18. 8MP camera w/ 1MP front camera {1}
    19. 5MP camera
    20. 5MP camera + flash + autofocus {5}
    21. USB OTG {5}
    22. Miracast
    23. HDMI output {1}
    24. 2G + 3G + LTE / 4G network capability {2}
    25. 2G + 3G + 3.5G (ie HSDPA) network capability {1}
    26. 2G + 3G network capability {5}
    27. WiFi capability {1}
    28. WiFi + WiFi-direct capability {4}
    29. BIS / affordable data plan {3}
    30. NO BIS {3}
    31. Dual SIM capability
    32. OS 10.2.1.xxxx w/ APK Android app install ability {1}
    33. Removable battery {6}
    34. Colorful battery cover {4}

Please let me know if there are any other key features that are of interest and I will add them.

And remember that lower price usually entails sacrifices, so you may not be able to get all the features at the lowest price. But go ahead and list your desires in any case.

Thanks.
    I am an Indonesian and use Z10 since day 1 it is launched.

Majority phones now full touch, so BBRY must go that path. No other choice. Of course, a keyboard one shall follow soon to complement the line up.

My personal opinion will be simply everything Z10 with around $200 tags. But not the STL-1 type. There could be a variant, non LTE and LTE support. The non LTE could use dual core with price $150-180. The LTE might be better with quad core with price $200-220. Foxconn could meet the demand fast so 2 variants wil better capture the market. Later the market will determine what variant will sell.

Some unpopular features might be deleted, such as NFC, wifi direct, etc.

One important aspect should not be left behind: design. BBRY lacks design language consistency. Please look at automotive industry, for example Mazda with its Kodo design language, or Kia with its tiger kode style, or Hyunday with fluidic sculpture. Please look also at Apple with its sleeks premium metallic design or HTC with its One unibody. Design is an important aspect.

Posted via CB10
    bintaro_gw likes this.
    12-31-13 07:51 AM
    Everything more than $150 is suicide (BGR)

According to BGR, BlackBerry was dead in 2012.
    12-31-13 06:21 PM
    Updated tallies with thoughts from hawbman.
    01-01-14 05:09 AM
    I am an Indonesian and use Z10 since day 1 it is launched.

Majority phones now full touch, so BBRY must go that path. No other choice. Of course, a keyboard one shall follow soon to complement the line up.

My personal opinion will be simply everything Z10 with around $200 tags. But not the STL-1 type. There could be a variant, non LTE and LTE support. The non LTE could use dual core with price $150-180. The LTE might be better with quad core with price $200-220. Foxconn could meet the demand fast so 2 variants wil better capture the market. Later the market will determine what variant will sell.

Some unpopular features might be deleted, such as NFC, wifi direct, etc.

One important aspect should not be left behind: design. BBRY lacks design language consistency. Please look at automotive industry, for example Mazda with its Kodo design language, or Kia with its tiger kode style, or Hyunday with fluidic sculpture. Please look also at Apple with its sleeks premium metallic design or HTC with its One unibody. Design is an important aspect.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed !
    01-01-14 06:23 AM
    Agreed !

Feel free to list your voted items, I already had to do too much guessing with hawbman's post to figure out what he was voting for, so I would appreciate it if you would make your own, specific list so I can tally your votes. You can just list the numbers in the original post, ie "7,9,13,22" to make it easier.

Thanks.
    01-01-14 07:01 AM
    As an Indonesian this is my desire list that hopefully will suit Indonesian market, but still maintain the low price concept:

1. Price under $200 USD
    2. 2GB RAM minimum
    3. 8 GB Internal Storage
    4. 5MP camera + flash + autofocus
    5. All Touchscreen
    6. USB OTG
    7. 2G & 3G network
    8. BIS
    9. WiFi-direct capability
    10. Removable battery
    11. Colorful battery cover
    Isn't that basically the Q5 minus the keyboard? Just cheaper?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-01-14 07:07 AM

That's what I thought.. lol..
    And at current set up of Q5, I don't think it's possible to have that price.
    As BlackBerry is not in the same league as Samsung in building an OK phone cheaply.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10
    01-01-14 07:14 AM

Looking through the list...

• Q5 has LTE ("4G") support
    • Q5 does not have BIS (not a BB10 feature, depending on what you mean exactly by "BIS")
    • Q5 has a non-removable battery
    • Q5 does not have USB OTG, I don't think.
    • Q5 has NFC capability
    01-01-14 08:20 AM
    Looking through the list...

• Q5 has LTE ("4G") support
    • Q5 does not have BIS (not a BB10 feature, depending on what you mean exactly by "BIS")
    • Q5 has a non-removable battery
    • Q5 does not have USB OTG, I don't think.
    • Q5 has NFC capability
    That's why I said "basically" you say the basic features as speaking of the rest of the phone... which are in that case (8 gb internal memory, 2 gb ram, 5 mpx camera, and the networks are 3g or 4g depending on the country)

No one talks about NFC and that stuff because hardly anyone actually uses it :P USB otg is a software thing cause I remember the galaxy S2 had it...

01-01-14 08:45 AM
    Hahaha ....ingat 2008 (2009?) saat Blackberry masuk pertama kali ke Indonesia. Tanpa support apapun dari RIM.
    Setelah setahun dan mendapat teguran dari pemerintah serta ancaman pemblokiran, baru mereka mau mendirikan service center di Indonesia.
    Nyaris di tahun yang sama, RIM berulah lagi dengan mendirikan pabrik di malaysia,bukan di Indonesia, meski mereka menyadari bahwa Indonesia adalah pasar terkuat Blackberry.

Z10 dan kemudian Z30 diluncurkan bukan di Indonesia, tapi di Malaysia.

Sekarang,.... setelah nyaris mati, Blackberry sadar? Dan kemudian membuat produk murah dengan kode 'Jakarta'?

Apakah saya harus bangga?

(Google Translate please... Indonesia-English)

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 09:23 AM
    Hahaha ....ingat 2008 (2009?) saat Blackberry masuk pertama kali ke Indonesia. Tanpa support apapun dari RIM.
    Setelah setahun dan mendapat teguran dari pemerintah serta ancaman pemblokiran, baru mereka mau mendirikan service center di Indonesia.
    Nyaris di tahun yang sama, RIM berulah lagi dengan mendirikan pabrik di malaysia,bukan di Indonesia, meski mereka menyadari bahwa Indonesia adalah pasar terkuat Blackberry.

Z10 dan kemudian Z30 diluncurkan bukan di Indonesia, tapi di Malaysia.

Sekarang,.... setelah nyaris mati, Blackberry sadar? Dan kemudian membuat produk murah dengan kode 'Jakarta'?

Apakah saya harus bangga?

(Google Translate please... Indonesia-English)

Posted via CB10
    I don't even thinking those sad moments of BlackBerry in Indonesia.
    No need to remember all those past things.
    We're hoping for BlackBerry to get back on track under Chen's management.

BlackBerry released 9790 in Indonesia first in 2011 way before they released Z30 in Malaysia.
    It's not a thing for you to nag at BlackBerry.

Don't force people to translate your own language in a worldwide forums.
    Omnitech likes this.
    01-01-14 01:33 PM

BlackBerry released 9790 in Indonesia first in 2011 way before they released Z30 in Malaysia.

LOL.!!!

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-02-14 12:41 AM
    Now now, kids. Keep it civil, and try to stay on topic.
    chrizrun30 likes this.
    01-02-14 02:09 AM

i will translate it and give my own opinion

to be honest BB company used to kindda unfair to indonesia :
    * their BIS server stability in indonesia are worst very unstable than other countries
    * they only open official after sales services after government force them
    * they dont want to open their server to help indonesian government track corruptors, and terrorist (they open their server for indian government)
    * put their investment to other countries while their main market in SEA is indonesia

now after they are fail on other market, they now trying to persuade indonesians back to Blackberry...today investment are from foxconn and they are still gonna invest in indonesia with or without Blackberry..

so i'm kinda happy when BB get a hardship...now it is samsung turn they are today indonesia smartphone king . i hope they dont make same mistake, their business in indonesia alone worth $1.2 billion in 2012..they already have mid size factory but i hear they are targeting vietnam to open larger factory in the future.
    chrizrun30 likes this.
    01-02-14 03:30 AM
    * their BIS server stability in indonesia are worst very unstable than other countries

One excellent reason to make a clean break to BB10 and get out from under the BIS requirement. BIS outages have been a serious serious blow to RIM/BlackBerry's reputation here in the USA and many other places.
    01-02-14 04:11 AM
    One excellent reason to make a clean break to BB10 and get out from under the BIS requirement. BIS outages have been a serious serious blow to RIM/BlackBerry's reputation here in the USA and many other places.
    that is why i vote for no BIS . regular data plan are cheap today...
    01-02-14 04:54 AM
    i will translate it and give my own opinion

now after they are fail on other market, they now trying to persuade indonesians back to Blackberry...today investment are from foxconn and they are still gonna invest in indonesia with or without Blackberry..
    Yup! iPhone.

Posted via my beloved Z10
    01-02-14 05:16 AM
70 123