existing pairings new pairings, nothing worked.
    But Restarting the phone did the trick!

Now my battery does not last as long as before...
    i saw a drained battery in a day for the first time on my Z30
    03-19-14 11:47 PM
    existing pairings new pairings, nothing worked.
    But Restarting the phone did the trick!
    Glad it's working for you now.

Now my battery does last as long as before. i saw a drained battery in a day for the first time on my Z30
    Depending on how the update was performed internally, it may have high battery drain for a while while it caches and indexes data. This can last up to 3 days in some cases. (Though usually with an over-the-air update, especially if the download file was small, this does not usually happen.)

What is nice about the OS 10.2.1 series is that it has a very convenient tool for determining the largest battery draining processes.

Please go to Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor, make sure the "Battery" tab is active, set the drop-down at the top to the desired timeframe, and note the top line-items in the list - those are the top battery-users during the selected timeframe.

If you need help deciding what to do based on the entries in that list, post a screenshot here and I will give you some suggestions.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-20-14 at 05:11 AM. Reason: typo
    03-20-14 04:44 AM
    mine was 731mb
    03-20-14 10:19 AM
    Thank you for the info! i screen shot the graph, though a li'l late, it has great info! India gets 10.2.1.2102 update-img_20140321_105546.png

note the first drop is the one that saw the battery fully drained by the end of the night
    03-21-14 12:30 AM
    And another really strange thing happened! i couldn't believe it. got me kinda disappointed too...

After the update, the contacts never fully got indexed. Most of the names didn't show up in the log, only the numbers.
    but later just one or two. But the strangest thing happened to me yesterday!
    I got a call from my saved Contact. The name appeared. I answered only to hear another contact's voice. He indeed made the call from his number, but even after ending the call the log still shows the received call as from the other contact!!
    terrible mistake, makes me wonder how..!
    03-21-14 12:36 AM
    Thank you for the info! i screen shot the graph, though a li'l late, it has great info! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140321_105546.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	256992

note the first drop is the one that saw the battery fully drained by the end of the night

OK, this is a very common situation I am discovering, regarding "PIM Services".

I don't know exactly what is going on yet but many people have had this issue. It has something to do with trying to synchronize data either on one of your Hub accounts, social media/IM apps, or possibly the Calendar.

Do you have an Android apps installed that access contacts or calendar? That could be one source of problems.

Others have found that removing their email/social-media/chat accounts in Hub, and then adding them back one at a time usually results in immediate improvement, and then possibly being able to figure out which account is causing this issue.

It could have something to do with trying to syncronize and/or link a very large list of contacts, or some issue with a bad group of updates coming from ie Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.

I'm trying to investigate this now.

Also - location services is taking significant battery. Please turn off location services if you are not using them, some apps do not terminate the GPS function when they are closed. And the relatively high "System" item suggests the device may still be in the process of caching/indexing data.
    03-21-14 01:39 AM
31 12