Hey guys, since installing the new leak, and yes I know it's a leak. My bbm notifications don't show. So when i open bbm I'll have new messages but i dont get the alert or symbol for them. When I go into notification settings for bbm, it says please set up a bbm account. Which it is as I am using it!

For text messages.. the tone delivered is the fb, twitter whatsapp one.. and i get a splat on my social networking folder, when the text message icon is out of that folder! How weird.

Anyone experiencing the same thing? And come up with a fix.. or nyone know how to fix this is s issue. I mean other than 10.2 is pretty amazing...

Also.. this is very annoying for the new actionable notifications! As I don't get to get to use them with bbm!! And i would love too!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 05:20 AM
    i think you mean 1047 not 6 as for bbm notifications mine are fine maybe try reinstalling the leak ? that might sort ur problem
    08-04-13 05:33 AM
    Sounds like you did a restore... toggle all the stuff that doesn't work off and on in settings then restart. If that doesn't work, reinstall .1047 but this time don't restore settings, just app data and media.

douevenCB10?
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    08-04-13 05:35 AM
    Version in title corrected from 10.2.1046 to proper 10.2.0.1047.
    Thread moved to Leaked/Beta OS Forum.
    08-04-13 05:37 AM
    sorry typo for the leak version number! and yes i did a restore! i shall reinstall the auto loader (not gonna toggle settings on and off) as i feel a full os regresh will be better.. and get back to all..

thanks for the advice!!!
    08-04-13 05:45 AM
    I have had issues of notifications and ringer turning off too... a reboot fixed it but seems to be the issue from earlier 10.0....

... I never restore on leaks...

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 05:49 AM
    i would much rather not restore eiher.. but its the dam contacts app!!! so much time is spent linking accounts (and also syncing from the moment u add ur calender) thats its annoying going through the whole process again after. but this one is defo worth it as its a new os with brand enw features.. ive been using it since release now and this solid! so i think there will be no more updating now until Blackberry push official updates... no more having to reset accounts!
    08-04-13 05:51 AM
    i would much rather not restore eiher.. but its the dam contacts app!!! so much time is spent linking accounts (and also syncing from the moment u add ur calender) thats its annoying going through the whole process again after. but this one is defo worth it as its a new os with brand enw features.. ive been using it since release now and this solid! so i think there will be no more updating now until Blackberry push official updates... no more having to reset accounts!
    Yeah... I've given up on restores (I still make a backup just in case though.) Use the cloud/apps for everything I can't get back, Google for contacts, SMS backup (from BB World) for text messages and LastPass for passwords. Pretty much everything else comes back from logging back into all my accounts.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    amjass12 likes this.
    08-04-13 05:59 AM
    thanks everyone for the advice, a new instllation with manual adding accounts etc worked!!!! notifications work great! toast ntoifications work for sms but not BBM whcih is weird.. every option for preview notifications is on for BBM ( as well as other notifications) but bbm notifications refuse to appear as the quick reply notifications
    08-04-13 06:47 AM
    Speaking of notifications, is there anything new in this leak? Is there more customization like in BBOS?

Posted via my Q10
    08-04-13 07:03 AM
    The pop up notification works with all of my email accounts, but not with SMS or BBM. Quite confusing.
    amjass12 likes this.
    08-04-13 12:02 PM
    OK, I know it's not exactly a secret at this point, but because this thread seems to be one of the first that comes up when you search for errors with the Instant Previews, I'll put it here too.

If your Actionable Notifications are failing, it's definitely due to restoring backed up data via BlackBerry Link. I was able to get previews from all my emails, but nothing from SMS or BBM. I reinstalled the 10.2 leak and before a restore, everything worked fine. I synced my contacts via Outlook, and it still worked fine. I then restored my app data and media via BlackBerry Link, and the Actionable Notifications were still working. Once I restored my settings through Link, I lost the notifications.

So, if you update to the current 10.2 leak, and only use Link to restore your media and app data, your Instant Previews should work. If you restore settings, they likely won't. Unfortunately, without restoring my settings, I lost all my "Remember" and all my "Password Keeper" data (and my contacts were synced through Microsoft Outlook, so I'm not sure if they're included in that too or not). But if you use Outlook or Google for your contacts, KeepPass instead of Password Keeper, and Evernote instead of Remember, you may be able to get away with restoring everything else.

The response to this leak had been crazy, so sifting through the information has become an issue. Hopefully this helps someone.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:36 PM
    thanks for your info. just to be clear did you ever get the BBM notifications to work?
    08-06-13 08:59 PM
    thanks for your info. just to be clear did you ever get the BBM notifications to work?
    I had it, then I lost it. Now I get no toasts for anything again, and I think I give up. I'm not sure if I lose it when I load the latest version of the Channels Beta (which would be odd because that actually helps others with their BBM) or if it's when BeBuzz loads up (I don't have the BeBuzz toasts turned on, but the app still intercepts notifications, so who knows), but whatever it is, it's stopping all my toasts from working.
    08-07-13 10:27 AM