Hi, has there been a fix for this age old BB10 issue?

A friend of mine just bought a whole set of Q5's to upgrade the office from BB5 to BB10, but their incoming call screens are showing just the number even though the contact's information is saved in the device. If I add the country and area code to the contact, the name will show, but she has hundreds of contacts so that's hardly feasible. I had this issue on my Z10, and I took the time and added the area codes to all my contacts. Has there been any fix for this?
    12-10-14 12:16 PM
    Nope, not yet.

I didn't know this problem was due to the country code!

Generally I have this issue when the contacts/ phone numbers are present on SIM card and the device phone book/ or synced across multiple sources.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 01:01 PM
    Nope, not yet.

I didn't know this problem was due to the country code!

Generally I have this issue when the contacts/ phone numbers are present on SIM card and the device phone book/ or synced across multiple sources.

CB10 @ Q5
    So turning off the sim contacts should help?
    12-10-14 01:30 PM
    So turning off the sim contacts should help?
    LOL, no, not on my device at least.

And that's the stupid/ frustrating part. It definitely works when you delete it off the SIM. But I keep some essential contacts on the SIM.

It's a BB10 software and/ or BlackBerry Link bug. Whenever a new OS update comes out I always do a clean install and backup only my contacts from the Link, and have faced this issue half of the times.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 02:21 PM
    I don't think this problem is the sim because my carrier doesn't cut sim cards. They transfer the service to a new sim, so when they switched over to a micro sim they should have lost all the contacts that were on the sim. Plus I had to setup their email account so that they could get back contacts so I'm pretty sure that the sim doesn't have any contacts

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    12-10-14 04:24 PM
    It's easy to check if the SIM has contacts. It is a separate list that can be selected in the app. Mine has none as I use Exchange for remembering my contacts. I saw named caller ID initially from my home phone when I tested initially. I removed the Canada location and lost it. But when I put the Country or code back in I am still not seeing caller names. I've seen this bug for awhile and on different phones and different OS's. I have not really looked into why but now I am curious.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    12-10-14 09:07 PM
    Named caller ID came back with country entered after a delay. Probably after sync.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    12-10-14 09:19 PM
    When I setup her country codes she couldn't call out from the contacts app or the call log. It said she was making an overseas call. Yet she had the same settings as I did.

Our country code is "1", area code is "246" and local number length is "7". That's exactly what I have setup in my Passport and it works but when I put that information in her Q5 and she tries to call out it says that her device isn?t? Allowed to make overseas calls.

12-12-14 06:08 AM
    When you have encryption this happens

A Happy Passport User....
    12-12-14 06:30 AM
    When you have encryption this happens

A Happy Passport User....
    I will look into it but normally when you buy a new device is the encryption turned on by default?

12-12-14 07:12 AM