In my opinion, BBID is currently an inefficient and ineffective process. Most apps I download I have to "create an account" with the provider. Which means I either have the same email/password with 50 different services or try to remember the different app/password combo. This becomes even more frustrating when the different services/apps pose different constraints in the passwords...

Why can't BBID be an ID-Hub of sorts. You can choose emails and services (facebook, twitter etc.) that are linked with your BBID. And everything uses BBID instead of emails. Developers can invoke the BBID for logins...

When you install an app and they require a login info, just link with your BBID, and that app gets attached to the BBID profile. So you only need to remember your BBID.This could help control spam, since the services will only have your BBID. that way, BB can maintain privacy of users. If the service wants to send the user an email, they send it through BlackBerry to the default email address (the provider will never have access to the email that way to unsubscribe you just change settings inside your BBID). Also, if you do a security wipe/switch phones, once you login in with your BBID, all your info comes with you. No need to re-login or reload your accounts, everything comes with you
    Davidro1 likes this.
    03-27-14 04:35 PM
    Interesting idea. I know I do have quite a time remembering all of my login info too.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:59 PM
    They already offer a BlackBerry ID login service to developers, in the same way many apps let you sign in with Facebook or Google ID.
    BlackBerry ID provider (ids_blackberry_id.h) - BlackBerry Native

Facebook, Google, etc., are much more ubiquitous, so nobody is going to bother with implementing BlackBerry ID unless or until there are enough users to make it worth their time and effort.
    03-28-14 08:07 AM
    But if we can integrate facebook, twitter, google and microsoft with our BBID, and any other services, they can travel with our BBID. So if an app asks to link with your facebook profile, it will access the info from your BBID rather than requiring you to sign in yourself. Would safe a lot of time and headaches.
    04-20-14 09:54 PM