Something strange happened, and I could not find the correct password to Password Keeper -- which I used nearly everyday. I am very confused by this.

I blew my 10 tries (which destroys all my password data), but backed up my Passport using Link prior to my tenth try. This left me with a .bbb back up file.

When I go into Password Keeper and attempt to "Import" my passwords from the .bbb back up file, Password Keeper does not recognize the .bbb file.

My impression was that you can back up Password Keeper and then reload your passwords on your current device without doing a full restore of your system. I guess this was naive, but I thought that Password Keeper cherry-picked the password data from the .bbb back up file.

Now I think that I would have to do a full restore from the back up to get the passwords back into Password Keeper. I really don't want to do a full restore on my Passport.

Could a partial solution be to take an old BB10 device and load the back up that I did just before I blew my tenth try? If this worked, would I still need to come up with the correct password?

Thank you!
    02-27-17 09:43 PM
    You can only import from a backup file created by password keeper.

You can restore a full backup to another device with the same BBID that has an equal or newer OS version. You will still need the password though.
    02-27-17 10:00 PM
    When I did a destructive clean install on my Passport recently to upgrade, I didn't lose all my password data. It loaded from the backup file on my PC.

Couldn't I load my backup .bbb file onto my old Z30? As long as I have my BBID, won't I be OK?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 10:39 PM
    When I did a destructive clean install on my Passport recently to upgrade, I didn't lose all my password data. It loaded from the backup file on my PC.

Couldn't I load my backup .bbb file onto my old Z30? As long as I have my BBID, won't I be OK?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Z30 must have the same or newer OS version than the backup file.
    02-27-17 10:49 PM
    Thanks. It might be too late, but a person can create a back up of just Password Keeper data if he has access to it?

Let's say I am able to load Password Keeper on my old Z30. And then I get the password right. Can I then create a back up via Password Keeper and then load this onto my Passport that has a wiped Password Keeper app?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 01:55 PM
    Thanks. It might be too late, but a person can create a back up of just Password Keeper data if he has access to it?

Let's say I am able to load Password Keeper on my old Z30. And then I get the password right. Can I then create a back up via Password Keeper and then load this onto my Passport that has a wiped Password Keeper app?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so. Password keeper data is not saved with the app. It is contained somewhere in the system settings.
    02-28-17 02:32 PM
    Thanks. I guess my best case is restore on my Z30, guess the right password (a big maybe at this point) and then manually transfer each password one by one. Ouch. Must be 50-100.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 02:46 PM
    Thanks. I guess my best case is restore on my Z30, guess the right password (a big maybe at this point) and then manually transfer each password one by one. Ouch. Must be 50-100.

Posted via CB10
    Once you remember the password and get into password keeper, you can then export the information for import anytime.
    02-28-17 02:48 PM
    Ah, so I can export the PW data from the Z30 and load it back into the PP? This is a function within the app?
    03-01-17 02:49 AM
    Ah, so I can export the PW data from the Z30 and load it back into the PP? This is a function within the app?
    Yes.
    03-01-17 06:02 AM
    Thanks! Will see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 10:14 AM