BBID password reset odd behavior - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I started the above thread without knowing of a good subject line. While it is probably bad form to link to your own thread, I think the information is important enough to do so.

The TLDR is if you attempt to reset your BlackBerry ID by having a reset link sent to your email, this email will not be loaded by the BlackBerry email client. I have not been able to confirm this with BlackBerry and they simply ignore my comments about this in my emails with them.

As I stated in the forum thread link, if you install a 3rd party email client like k9mail, you will get the email with the reset link. Or you can log into anything other than a BlackBerry to get the email. I presume a web email will work.

In my case, I had remove the email used for my BlackBerry ID from my desktop. I still had it on my phone. So I never saw the email with the reset link.

Something in the return address used by BlackBerry for this email triggered the heuristic spam detection in SpamAssassin, so it is a good idea to whitelist blackberry.com.

My assumption is BlackBerry stops the email from being read by the BlackBerry email client because somebody could possibly have possession of your phone. The client already has your email passwords, so it would show up without any attempt at security.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. Can it be read on a computer?
    06-21-15 07:22 PM
    Yes you can read it from your computer. I assume you can read it from anything other than the BlackBerry email client.

The weird thing about reading from the BlackBerry email client is the message shows up momentarily then disappears.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 09:44 PM