I am facing the same issue. Looks like I wasted my money on getting the q10.
    My BlackBerry bold and my samsung galaxy note works well, but I just cannot seems to get my q10 connected to my corporate email because of the certificate issue.
    I have spent the past 4 nights just troubleshooting this, and this is so frustrating! I cannot believe BlackBerry did not consider this when releasing the os10.
    06-05-13 11:07 AM
    I am facing the same issue. Looks like I wasted my money on getting the q10.
    My BlackBerry bold and my samsung galaxy note works well, but I just cannot seems to get my q10 connected to my corporate email because of the certificate issue.
    I have spent the past 4 nights just troubleshooting this, and this is so frustrating! I cannot believe BlackBerry did not consider this when releasing the os10.
    What problem are you having?
    06-05-13 01:47 PM
    My company requires the use of a client certificate to connect via Activesync for email download.
    on my BB bold 9790 - i was able to import the certificate by performing the following steps:
    1) Copying it onto the device.
    2) Via Application > File > Selecting the certificate, upon which i will be prompted for my certificate password.
    3) After that, i would select the certificate and perform an Import Certificate and get prompted to Enter my Key Store password.
    4) We then use Astrasync as our Activesync client - when setting up (entering the domain, username, etc) - we just have to select the "Use SSL" option.

For the Q10, i was able to import my certificate - saw it listed in My Certificates.
    When setting up using the native Activesync client - i selected the "Use SSL" option.
    But not successful.
    06-11-13 10:14 PM
    I was able to successfully connect to my corporate email using Touchdown.
    In Touchdown - when setting up the Account, there is a portion which prompts you to load a client certificate if required.

I believe that that is the missing portion for the Q10 in-built Activesync client - unable to associate the particular client certificate with email.
    06-11-13 10:51 PM
    I believe that that is the missing portion for the Q10 in-built Activesync client - unable to associate the particular client certificate with email.

If you read post #22 in this thread, he is saying that it works. And he knows what he is talking about because he administers a lot of Blackberries in the organization he works for.

So it may be that there is some step missing or something.

You probably should post a question in the "Enterprise" section here, more Blackberry system administrators monitor the discussions there.
    06-12-13 12:09 AM
    If you read post #22 in this thread, he is saying that it works. And he knows what he is talking about because he administers a lot of Blackberries in the organization he works for.

So it may be that there is some step missing or something.

You probably should post a question in the "Enterprise" section here, more Blackberry system administrators monitor the discussions there.
    Hi, Post #22 says to "... when importing the cert make sure you check the appropriate boxes (WiFi, Email, etc)."
    Like Post #24, i only have the option to select: WiFi, Web and VPN. There is no option for Email, and Device is grey-out.
    06-12-13 12:31 AM
    Hi, Post #22 says to "... when importing the cert make sure you check the appropriate boxes (WiFi, Email, etc)."
    Like Post #24, i only have the option to select: WiFi, Web and VPN. There is no option for Email, and Device is grey-out.

OK, so the next step is to figure out why it doesn't work on your device. Sith_Apprentice is knowledgeable and a mod here, so in general if he says something it's reliable info.

One possibility is that he was referring to connecting to a Blackberry Enterprise Server, but based on how he worded that post, that was not the impression I got.

Maybe I will ask him to clarify.
    06-12-13 04:36 AM
    I really don't understand why certificates can't be used for signing so-called private emails.

Unfortunately if you are an SME hosting your own site and email BlackBerry classify the email as private as opposed to work, ignoring the possibility of a business designation.

While on this subject, I can't seem to find an option for HTML email signatures. Need to be able to use different fonts, colours etc for legal disclaimers and also need to be able to attach company logo. Whilst some of this can be achieved on the server all my other email clients fully support these features (eg Thunderbird).

I bought the Z10 hoping to run my IT security side business through it, but the features are still not there for serious business use so am not buying for all employees. The Z10 is a nice phone but it's not a proper tool yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:42 AM
    I really don't understand why certificates can't be used for signing so-called private emails.

Unfortunately if you are an SME hosting your own site and email BlackBerry classify the email as private as opposed to work, ignoring the possibility of a business designation.

While on this subject, I can't seem to find an option for HTML email signatures. Need to be able to use different fonts, colours etc for legal disclaimers and also need to be able to attach company logo. Whilst some of this can be achieved on the server all my other email clients fully support these features (eg Thunderbird).

I bought the Z10 hoping to run my IT security side business through it, but the features are still not there for serious business use so am not buying for all employees. The Z10 is a nice phone but it's not a proper tool yet.

Hm, looks like about a 100% off-topic post ya got there, Mr Reducer.

There are some active threads here already about email encryption, search for "S/MIME".

And there are other threads about email editing functionality too, I just posted one myself a couple days ago.
    06-12-13 09:01 AM
    Did Sith_Apprentice ever reply with a method to get this to work? I can successfully get the certificate on my BB10, but I don't have the option of selecting EMAIL when importing it. I just have VPN, WIFI and WEB as options.

If you didn't get a response, did you ever find another method to make this work?
    07-10-13 05:45 PM
    I have exactly the same problem, has anyone found a solution?
    Why else, without corporate mail access, I realy don't know what to do with my new trinket ...

Thanks to everone can help me!
    Max�
    07-25-13 08:09 AM
    i opened a ticket with Blackberry tech support.
    They pointed me to a whole bunch of documentation available online which i had already tried previously - but did not work.
    They did, however, advise that certificate-based authentication is supported on OS10, without the use of BES10.

At the end, my problem was not resolved, and i sold off my BB-Q10, and went back to using my Bold.
    07-31-13 09:24 PM
    Sith_Apprentice - Are you able to accomplish the CBA on a BB10 device WITHOUT a BES server?
    08-22-13 03:56 PM
    Sith_Apprentice - Are you able to accomplish the CBA on a BB10 device WITHOUT a BES server?
    He was mistaken. It's 100% not possible without a BES currently or a third-party mail client currently.
    11-15-13 07:36 PM
39 12