Has anyone installed iMessage on BB10? I know Apple made it for Android so unless it's Google Play dependent we should be able to use it.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 01:48 PM
    know Apple made it for Android
    It was never made for Android and likely never will be. So yeah, no one installed it nor will there be any feedback for it lol
    know Apple made it for Android
    It was never made for Android and likely never will be. So yeah, no one installed it nor will there be any feedback for it lol
    howarmat, Ecm and Vistaus like this.
    08-23-16 01:56 PM
    Actually, I seem to recall a shaky 3rd party Android iMessage app from a few years ago -- that required you give them your Apple ID and pushed your messages through their server somewhere in Asia...
    Last edited by Ecm; 08-23-16 at 03:56 PM.
    08-23-16 03:12 PM
    Wasn't it Apple Music? Apple is able to do for iMessage what BlackBerry did too long for BBM. I don't think they'll ever release it or need to for that matter.
    08-23-16 03:54 PM
    Wasn't it Apple Music? Apple is able to do for iMessage what BlackBerry did too long for BBM. I don't think they'll ever release it or need to for that matter.
    Given the fact that Apple wants to push people into their ecosystem (iOS, MacOS and other services), they keep most things within their ecosystem. Including iMessage. (note that I said *most* things... there are of course exceptions)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-23-16 05:44 PM
    Yeah just that a while back I did read an article about iMessage being developed by Apple for android. I did think it was a stupid idea on their part, offering the one thing that keeps some apple users locked in on android as an option. Instead they should have offered expandable memory but that would be too obvious and against their religious beliefs. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 09:32 PM
    This is exactly why i thought bbm going cross platform was a bad idea. Bbm for Android and iOS isn't even bbm anymore. It's just a buggy piece of **** with ads, in app purchase options and a ton of spam ads. I remember how exclusive and well polished bbm used to be on OS 7.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-16 03:15 AM
    Spam adds*. Like random people adding me

08-24-16 03:15 AM
    This is exactly why i thought bbm going cross platform was a bad idea. Bbm for Android and iOS isn't even bbm anymore. It's just a buggy piece of **** with ads, in app purchase options and a ton of spam ads. I remember how exclusive and well polished bbm used to be on OS 7.

Yeah, but sadly enough, BB10 didn't have the same momentum as older BlackBerry's had and iOS has. So if they'd keep it exclusive to BB10, they'd lose a lot of money on it (even more now that BB10 market share keeps decreasing). So by now, BBM would've been long gone if it wasn't for the cross-platform BBM.
    Apple's market share is less then it used to be currently but (sadly enough, imo) it's a lot higher than that of BB10 so Apple can afford to keep iMessage within their own ecosystem only.

08-24-16 05:49 PM
    Yeah, but sadly enough, BB10 didn't have the same momentum as older BlackBerry's had and iOS has. So if they'd keep it exclusive to BB10, they'd lose a lot of money on it (even more now that BB10 market share keeps decreasing). So by now, BBM would've been long gone if it wasn't for the cross-platform BBM.
    Apple's market share is less then it used to be currently but (sadly enough, imo) it's a lot higher than that of BB10 so Apple can afford to keep iMessage within their own ecosystem only.

There is a difference in Apple losing some marketshare... and what happened to BlackBerry. Too be honest in my little market I still see Apple gaining users.... and iMessage is on of the reasons, along with Facetime.

Here, neither BB10 nor BBM is any longer a relevant product... whereas ten years ago that is what everyone in business was using. Can't imagine how BBM might have grown if most kids had smartphones back then like they do today.
    08-25-16 08:10 AM
    There is a difference in Apple losing some marketshare... and what happened to BlackBerry. Too be honest in my little market I still see Apple gaining users.... and iMessage is on of the reasons, along with Facetime.

Here, neither BB10 nor BBM is any longer a relevant product... whereas ten years ago that is what everyone in business was using. Can't imagine how BBM might have grown if most kids had smartphones back then like they do today.
    If you've read my post correctly than you'd damn well know that I said that there's a difference in Apple losing marketshare compared to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-25-16 10:06 AM

Problem is nobody has even heard of BlackBerry 10 phones. Even until today most people I meet on the streets have never heard of BlackBerry 10. The think the BlackBerry Z10 I have is an iPhone.

08-25-16 01:28 PM
    Problem is nobody has even heard of BlackBerry 10 phones. Even until today most people I meet on the streets have never heard of BlackBerry 10. The think the BlackBerry Z10 I have is an iPhone.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-25-16 01:40 PM

You must way back in the woods where "nobody has even heard of BlackBerry 10 phones". How did you come to find out the gem that is BlackBerry?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-25-16 05:54 PM
    As far as I remember, there is no iMessage app for Android like BBM for Android. The only Apple app in Google Play store is their switcher to backup data and switch to iPhone.
    08-25-16 08:08 PM
    Actually, I seem to recall a shaky 3rd party Android iMessage app from a few years ago -- that required you give them your Apple ID and pushed your messages through their server somewhere in Asia...
    Yeah it was an app with connections through servers in China.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    08-25-16 09:52 PM