I called rogers tech support, they couldn't help. And my IT guy just says "we don't administer outside devices, call your wireless provider"
    Question: Does your corporate email server support Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync? Are Apple iPhone and/or Google Android users able to configure their smartphones for the corporate email server?
    02-11-13 05:08 PM
    I'm not sure how our server is configured but the it guy did say to use the imap option and I'm pretty sure it isn't enabled for activsync. The server address is dmgsrv02.dilawrigroup.ca
    Does that mean anything?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 05:34 PM
    And yes iPhone and android users are able to configure theirs. I've tried the same settings as them with no luck

02-11-13 08:40 PM
    I'm screwed. The owner of the company bought a z10 and the IT guy has advised him to return it because it isn't compatible with our network. I love this phone but it's going on ebay

02-12-13 12:12 PM
    You're not the only one. I have issues with imap Google apps not pushing
    02-12-13 12:55 PM
    You're not the only one. I have issues with imap Google apps not pushing
    Very interesting to me how some people report virtually instantaneous notifications from Google, and other people say it's slow.

My understanding is that with Google, you should setup just the calendars and tasks via Exchange ActiveSync (I believe the new accounts setting in BB10 refers to this as an "MS Exchange" account), but setup the email as IMAP with the "Push" slider enabled.

There are also some differences in the version of BB10 different carriers are providing to their users, I suppose there is also a possibility of some sort of IMAP bug in some revisions of BB10.
    02-12-13 03:09 PM
    I'm screwed. The owner of the company bought a z10 and the IT guy has advised him to return it because it isn't compatible with our network. I love this phone but it's going on ebay

Sounds like this is one of those IT-department-driving-management-decisions situations. The tide will break over tide just like it did for iPhones, which made sense to support if the company was already supporting BYOD with Exchange ActiveSync. Unfortunately, this doesn't immediately help you as you can't fix shortcomings of your IT department right now that are preventing you from using a perfectly capable device.
    02-12-13 03:50 PM
    The tide probably won't break over in this situation. I was in a management meeting today where there were about 38 iphones and 2 blackberry 10s

02-12-13 04:52 PM
    The tide probably won't break over in this situation. I was in a management meeting today where there were about 38 iphones and 2 blackberry 10s
    I meant in general, not necessarily at your company. Again, if your company can support iPhones for work email access through IMAP, then there should be no problem supporting BlackBerry 10 devices. BlackBerry 10 is just as capable of IMAP access as the iPhone.

You can chose to keep at it or not. It will be too bad if you have to switch away from your Z10 but you have to do what works for you.
    02-12-13 05:10 PM
    Given various discussions here, there may well be some idiosyncracies or bugs in the Z10's IMAP and/or EAS implementation. Still a lot of weird/inconsistent anecdotal accounts of things that work perfectly fine for some people don't work at all for others, without any obvious configuration disparities. For example, email push working over 3G/WiFi but not over LTE. This is not the only example of someone on CB claiming that they followed all the usual IMAP settings but the Z10 didn't want to work with their particular server for some reason.
    02-13-13 12:19 AM
    Well I've got it up and running but with a strange bug. We were able to get it to connect when we enabled "STLS" encryption on the outgoing server. Once it connected we were able to go back in and turn the encryption off. So now email is working but the outgoing server is attached a spam label to my emails.

02-13-13 12:01 PM
    Well I've got it up and running but with a strange bug. We were able to get it to connect when we enabled "STLS" encryption on the outgoing server. Once it connected we were able to go back in and turn the encryption off. So now email is working but the outgoing server is attached a spam label to my emails.

Sounds like your company has an interesting IT infrastructure.
    02-13-13 12:07 PM
    I switched the smtp server back to the carrier (rogers) and everything is working with no spam tags

02-13-13 02:24 PM
    Most likely "STLS" refers to "STARTTLS" which is a method of negotiating a TLS (ie public-key encrypted) connection over a link that starts out unencrypted.

STARTTLS is actually a requirement for certain IMAP implementations, like the "Lemonade Extensions" for IMAP. Some email clients might refuse to connect to a host that does not have encryption available - perhaps that's the way Blackberry designed the BB10 email client.
    b320 likes this.
    02-14-13 05:29 AM
    I switched the smtp server back to the carrier (rogers) and everything is working with no spam tags
    We just discovered yesterday that Rogers had some sort of network problem on the LTE side that was preventing push email from working properly. That issue was resolved by Rogers yesterday morning, which may be why Rogers is working for you now. See the following posts:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7978910
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7979019
    02-14-13 05:33 AM
    the proposed settings worked for me with incoming mails. now just need to figure out how to configure outgoing mails.
    02-19-13 03:36 AM
    the proposed settings worked for me with incoming mails. now just need to figure out how to configure outgoing mails.
    Which proposed settings?
    02-19-13 01:45 PM
    When I delete email from my Z10 it gets deleted EVERYWHERE!!!! Even on the GoDaddy server. I am self employed in the defense business and NEED an encrypted account. I just got rid of a 9900 that worked perfectly. My email accounts are imap and this dopy phone insists on setting up as POP which results in all emails being deleted when deleted on the phone. I have one more week to return this thing so if it's not fixed I am giving it back and going to iPhone. What a childish and stupid mistake by RIM or BlackBerry or whatever they are calling themselves now. This is unforgivable.

Art
    04-14-13 07:50 AM
    I am in the Defense business and security is paramount. You claim its important but then say you are going back to your iPhone. Suggests to me it never was important at all.

The phone doesn't make you set up like a pop its the service provider. Search the forum and ask questions. Your first post can't be a rant.

And if security is what you need, you have the best in your hands already. Now learn how to use it.

Posted from my Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 09:41 AM
    When I delete email from my Z10 it gets deleted EVERYWHERE!!!! Even on the GoDaddy server. I am self employed in the defense business and NEED an encrypted account. I just got rid of a 9900 that worked perfectly. My email accounts are imap and this dopy phone insists on setting up as POP which results in all emails being deleted when deleted on the phone. I have one more week to return this thing so if it's not fixed I am giving it back and going to iPhone. What a childish and stupid mistake by RIM or BlackBerry or whatever they are calling themselves now. This is unforgivable.

Art
    Try search function and you will find your answer. That's what I did. This has been discussed many times already and it basically boils down to user error when setting up the email account.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:56 AM

Art
    Let the emails expire in 30 days and check if the server still has a copy. Do not delete messages you want to keep.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 01:03 PM
    File the messages you want to keep.. much more efficient use of IMAP.

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-14-13 01:19 PM
    My email accounts are imap and this dopy phone insists on setting up as POP...
    Amongst all sorts of overwrought hyperbole you wrote there, this is just blatantly wrong.

The only reason the Z10 would "insist" on any setting is if you are simply typing in an email address and expecting the device to figure out everything for you when your provider supports more than one way to connect. You can simply set it up manually or use the "advanced" menu. There is no "insisting" if you actually know what you want.
    04-15-13 02:42 AM
    Who is your cell provider?
    Bell is my provider however Telus email
    Settings are:
    Imap.telus.net
    Port 143
    Smtp service: mail.1xbell.ca
    Port: 25
    Sst off
    Hope this helps

You know what? You helped me bro!! Same specs for me.....Cheers!!
    05-16-13 01:47 AM
49 12