11-02-15 05:08 AM
31 12
tools
    If. 10.3.3 comes with google. Play. Store installed. Than BB can market their BB 10 phones as multi OS phones (not. Literally).....why I say this
    _BB and google already dealing across the table for BB priv.
    _BB can strike a deal with google ,like it did with Amazon.

This way. Many problems can be solved with one stroke. ..If this can be ,it has to be done by BB

What u say guyss
    10-17-15 01:07 PM
    Keep imagining.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 01:12 PM
    Still doesn't solve the problem of many Android apps being slow, not working at all, not having full functionality, eating up battery, and running in the background after being closed.

Posted via CB10
    outlooker likes this.
    10-17-15 01:33 PM
    We already have the play store. What is missing is the Google services support. The things Google withholds from everyone unless they are officially certified Android. Don't know what makes you think they'll grant that on a clearly non Android OS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-15 01:38 PM
    Someone's dreaming.
    10-17-15 01:43 PM
    I'd consider it a nightmare!
    10-17-15 01:44 PM
    What a misleading title. Close this thread please.
    10-17-15 09:53 PM
    We can already have Google services on our BlackBerry 10 phones with BlackBerry World apps.

-Google Maps: Be Maps Pro
    - YouTube: SuperTube

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:52 AM
    We can already have Google services on our BlackBerry 10 phones with BlackBerry World apps.

-Google Maps: Be Maps Pro
    - YouTube: SuperTube

Posted via CB10
    That's 2 out of the hundreds, thousands we can't have? And why do we have to pay for something that is freely available to the entire world?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:08 AM
    Forget it

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:33 AM
    That's 2 out of the hundreds, thousands we can't have? And why do we have to pay for something that is freely available to the entire world?

Posted via CB10
    The cost of buying these apps is genuinely worth it.

SuperTube lets you play the videos on the background, whereas the YouTube stock app would not allow that.

It is also ad free. It lets you download videos for offline watching. When you combine all this, it is better than the stock YouTube app.

As for Be Maps Pro, you do not have to buy it if you don't want to. You could just install Google maps from Snap. I just like it for the BlackBerry specific interface.

I only mentioned the two because maps and YouTube are the only Google services I want, and for most people really.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-18-15 10:43 AM

SuperTube lets you play the videos on the background, whereas the YouTube stock app would not allow that.

It is also ad free. It lets you download videos for offline watching. When you combine all this, it is better than the stock YouTube app.

As for Be Maps Pro, you do not have to buy it if you don't want to. You could just install Google maps from Snap. I just like it for the BlackBerry specific interface.

I only mentioned the two because maps and YouTube are the only Google services I want, and for most people really.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. There are several other apps I wish I could have. A Priv may be in my future.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:24 PM
    You have stock Youtube?!?
    10-18-15 01:17 PM
    Stock YouTube app on Android phones I meant.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 01:24 PM
    Ah I see. I got confused when you compared it to Super Tube.
    10-18-15 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have no issues with YouTube running in the background on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:49 PM
    Still doesn't solve the problem of many Android apps being slow, not working at all, not having full functionality, eating up battery, and running in the background after being closed.

Posted via CB10
    Apps running in background?

It always happens the on Android, trust me!
    10-18-15 05:07 PM
    Can't understand you all:

What's the problem with Google Maps? You can dowload and install it and it works very well

So it's the annoying message that bothers you?

Go to Google ID app, go to app permissions and de-select notifications on Maps.

Done!
    10-18-15 05:14 PM
    Can't understand you all:

What's the problem with Google Maps? You can dowload and install it and it works very well

So it's the annoying message that bothers you?

Go to Google ID app, go to app permissions and de-select notifications on Maps.

Done!
    For the average user, they type Google Maps into BlackBerry World and Amazon App Store and find nothing. They don't read fan sites and blogs and therefore don't know about sideloading, Cobalt's method, etc. Nor would they bother even if they knew about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:15 PM
    One question:

What are you smoking?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 06:43 PM
    Only if BB as we know it wants to survive. If they can't give their current OS 10 users the option of changing to the Android OS (and it can be done if BB has the will) BB will die. There are already too many good Android devices out there for BB to try and hold any meaningful market share without their current OS 10 users coming on board. Their call, IMO life or death... Provide support for owners of current OS 10 devices or go the way of the Dodo bird.

If. 10.3.3 comes with google. Play. Store installed. Than BB can market their BB 10 phones as multi OS phones (not. Literally).....why I say this
    _BB and google already dealing across the table for BB priv.
    _BB can strike a deal with google ,like it did with Amazon.

This way. Many problems can be solved with one stroke. ..If this can be ,it has to be done by BB

What u say guyss
    10-19-15 10:05 AM
    I'll see the Cubs WIN the World Series first before I See the real Google Play Services in BB10.
    10-19-15 06:00 PM
    I'll see the Cubs WIN the World Series first before I See the real Google Play Services in BB10.
    Are you telling me Back to the Future is wrong!?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 07:09 PM
    If 10.3.3 came with Google Play Services, that would certainly be a positive development.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:37 AM
    I think it is impossible for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:51 AM
31 12