What gets me is Chen says BlackBerry is a software company and not a handset company. If BlackBerry turn to android and dump their own OS then what type of software company will BlackBerry become? They don't make handsets and they will have no software. Its all just nonsense. BlackBerry was all about security. The problem now is that the likes of Apple are now just as secure. So why would anyone buy a BlackBerry on Android, which by Chen's own admission is not as secure as BB10, I hope Apple buys BB10 from BlackBerry and watch them make it a massive success. Unfortunately I know im on my last BlackBerry device after 16 long hard years. BlackBerry are just clueless and they will never get another penny from me. Enough is enough. BlackBerry are now irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-31-16 09:42 AM
    If BlackBerry turn to android and dump their own OS then what type of software company will BlackBerry become?
    EMM https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterp...ity_management

QNX QNX in Automotive

etc...

Oh wait, was that a rhetorical question?
    07-31-16 11:11 AM
    What gets me is Chen says BlackBerry is a software company and not a handset company. If BlackBerry turn to android and dump their own OS then what type of software company will BlackBerry become? They don't make handsets and they will have no software. Its all just nonsense. BlackBerry was all about security. The problem now is that the likes of Apple are now just as secure. So why would anyone buy a BlackBerry on Android, which by Chen's own admission is not as secure as BB10, I hope Apple buys BB10 from BlackBerry and watch them make it a massive success. Unfortunately I know im on my last BlackBerry device after 16 long hard years. BlackBerry are just clueless and they will never get another penny from me. Enough is enough. BlackBerry are now irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    Since no one was interested in investing in an undeveloped ecosystem like BB10, BlackBerry is now trying to add value to the OS that is used by 83% of the world's population. BlackBerry expects their enhanced version of Android to be as secure as BB10 in 6-8 months with the arrival of Nougat.

BlackBerry's hardware/software hardening, monitoring, and apps for $100 seems to be a good value in my books. This provides them a full end to end package for their platform-independant EMM solution. Hopefully the two will drive each other.

Apart from that, BlackBerry has the Good app suite, SecureSmart, WatchDox, and QNX IoT and vehicle systems. These are all very well respected software products.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-16 11:22 AM
    And that sweet physical keyboard.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-31-16 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry started as a software company and will end as a software company.
    They are now focused on enterprise/business services.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 11:39 AM
    reinstall the app if does work forget

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 01:41 AM
    When exactly was BlackBerry competitive against iPhone / Android?
    Not for some years, back when BlackBerry Curve was the top phone on the market.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-02-16 07:24 PM
    Yes all that enterprise stuff is software but it's of no use to me. I want BB software in my BB mobile phone......if you don't have your own OS, and you don't build your handsets you sound like a new start up. It's not good enough for a company like BB.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 01:32 AM
    Bro, KEYone coming soon, wait for it

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-26-17 02:04 AM
    No marketing or advertising and no BIS is what killed blackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 02:26 AM
    No marketing or advertising and no BIS is what killed blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry is very much alive.
    05-11-17 04:29 AM
    Blackberry is very much alive.
    According to people on CB. But in the real world, the miss information is ridiculous. Try going to a B&M like Best Buy, and look for a BlackBerry Phone. You probably won't find one. Carriers? They don't push BBRY hardware. Etc.,

Overall BlackBerry screwed themselves up many years ago. And it's been a downhill spiral. And it's unfortunate, because BB10 is still "MANY YEARS AHEAD" of iOS and Android put together, technologically.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 05:32 AM
    According to people on CB. But in the real world, the miss information is ridiculous. Try going to a B&M like Best Buy, and look for a BlackBerry Phone. You probably won't find one. Carriers? They don't push BBRY hardware. Etc.,

Overall BlackBerry screwed themselves up many years ago. And it's been a downhill spiral. And it's unfortunate, because BB10 is still "MANY YEARS AHEAD" of iOS and Android put together, technologically.

Posted via CB10
    You're stuck thinking BlackBerry makes devices - they don't. BlackBerry is very much alive, but not in the area you want.

Your statement about BB10 being "ahead" of the other OSes is simply untrue. You can of course argue that it suits your specific needs better, but it ends there.
    05-11-17 06:21 AM
    I don't think so. It might have been a bit ahead at some point in a few areas, but the runtime environment of Swift (ios) and ART (android) are more modern runtime tech than the 2010 tech in bb10.

The UX of bb10 is still to be missed in many ways though, although they seem to be very close to it with the keyone?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 06:24 AM
114 ... 345