I live in a small town there's no cabs at that hour.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-16-16 09:29 AM
    And I was drinking so I didn't drive

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-16-16 09:29 AM
    I know how to use cobalts play store but every time I open uber app it auto closes.

And my point is that the m.uber.com site sucks. And if we had an app I'm sure it would've worked. I took an Uber w my friend to get to the bars he didn't have a problem. And he's got an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 09:33 AM
    Maybe you could buy or get (borrow or whatnot) a cheap android, install and use Uber there, for awhile. At least until you could get the app and/or the browser to work with your BB10. That's what I did.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-16-16 09:42 AM
    So I'm walking over an hour to go home right now bc we don't have an Uber app and the mobile site refuses to accept my credit and debit cards as valid.

I'm done defending BB10 after this. I am going android even if I have to go w an on screen keyboard. **** BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    If you walked faster it wouldn't take you an hour to reach your home.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    07-16-16 11:03 AM
    I used m.uber.com and it didn't work I walked home and my roommate locked all the locks (we have ones that can only be locked from inside) and I had to climb up the house and fell 10 feet high on my back onto concrete before I could find a way in. I'm done. This is ridiculous I need to sue Uber or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Why didn't you call your room mate and he or she unlock a door for you?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    07-16-16 11:05 AM
    OP, you don't owe anyone here an explanation. If BB10's really not working out for you anymore, move on to either an iOS or Android device.

*C5303
    TgeekB, TGR1, Avenzuno and 1 others like this.
    07-16-16 11:23 AM
    I wasn't able to use Uber over the last few years because I chose not to use Android/iOS/BB. Could you just imagine how stinkin rich I would be if I sued Uber for all the times I had to walk home or use regular cab services?

Get yourself an Android and use mobile hotspot w/ your BB to get the best of both worlds, OP. I'm about to go that route myself.
    07-16-16 11:37 AM
    I changed my electricity supplier, and immediately burnt my dinner. Time for a class action I think.
    Are you sure?..................sounds more like a petition..............or better yet turn off the electricity.................................
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-16-16 11:38 AM
    And I was drinking...
    I think that was kind of obvious.

This is not uber's fault. I spend a lot of time now in a small town in Alabama where there is no Uber, because there is very little taxi/car business there to begin with. You can't expect Uber to cover every small town in America or the world. Density matters.

There is nothing wrong with choosing an alternative OS that few people use. You can't, however, expect Uber to support an alternative OS that very few people use. Density matters.
    07-16-16 11:43 AM
    Wow, good story bro!

One time BlackBerry gave me a wedgie and stole my lunch money, too. I'm not even sure why we're still friends; I guess I like the abuse...

Call a cab next time. Your story is the equivalent of saying that you lost your job because you couldn't 'Whatsapp' your boss to tell him that you were running 5 minutes late...
    Lmao. Great man just great

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-16-16 11:55 AM
    So I'm walking over an hour to go home right now bc we don't have an Uber app and the mobile site refuses to accept my credit and debit cards as valid.

I'm done defending BB10 after this. I am going android even if I have to go w an on screen keyboard. **** BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    The universe has unfolded as it should.
    07-16-16 11:56 AM
    OP, you don't owe anyone here an explanation. If BB10's really not working out for you anymore, move on to either an iOS or Android device.

*C5303
    I think it just needs to be said that suing Uber or BlackBerry is not the answer. Nothing was their fault in either case. Other than that, then yeah, buy a diffent os phone or call a cab next time.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-16-16 11:57 AM
    I used m.uber.com and it didn't work I walked home and my roommate locked all the locks (we have ones that can only be locked from inside) and I had to climb up the house and fell 10 feet high on my back onto concrete before I could find a way in. I'm done. This is ridiculous I need to sue Uber or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Works just fine for me on any of my BB10 devices. Sorry for your issue.
    07-16-16 12:17 PM
    Works just fine for me on any of my BB10 devices. Sorry for your issue.
    And here it is just to make sure all still ok... BB10 picture attached.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails I'm so done defending BB10 after tonight...-63903.jpg  
    07-16-16 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let me get this right.................your using an older OS system one that has not had a major update in years. Running APPS that it was never intended to run. While using phones that in some cases are years out of date, and with all of this the OS still runs almost everything..............sideloads what is not native to the OS................and your done..........really.....................may I suggest an online petition............not.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-16-16 12:34 PM
    The ART patch has nothing to do with the Uber app. It addressed a runtime error known to OS 10.3.2.2876. If you are running that OS and having the problem of Android apps not being deleted properly then apply the fix: If you don't have that problem then there is no need to implement the ART patch.

Uber works just fine using Cobalt's method to install Google Play (read and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [Read first post for instructions] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com).

You may also have to use your own developer maps api key to get the map to show.

I've been using Cobalt's method for a while now, but the latest Uber won't patch properly anymore. I am using my own map api keys, thr patching completes, but the map in Uber is still blank.

I'm on 10.3.2.2474
    07-16-16 01:13 PM
    Good choice.

I also want to leave BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:19 PM
    And here it is just to make sure all still ok... BB10 picture attached.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

I'm so done defending BB10 after tonight...-img_20160716_004328.png

I kept getting this last night

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:38 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160716_004328.png 
Views:	520 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	404140

I kept getting this last night

Posted via CB10
    Please try to set your desired Payment Method from an android or the browser of an android phone, to make it settles right when you open it on your Passport.
    07-16-16 01:53 PM
    This is ridiculous I need to sue Uber or BlackBerry.
    I'll certainly agree with the first three words.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-16-16 02:00 PM
    So, I'm going to try to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and say the intent was to have lack of an Uber app serve as an example of what every reasonable purpose will acknowledge - the dwindling app ecosystem on BB10 sucks, and it's much richer and more convenient on Android (or even iOS).

While I wouldn't guess anyone quits BB10 *just* because of Uber specifically...lack of apps is certainly why I switched off my Classic.
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-16-16 06:25 PM
    Apps? Apps? We don't need no stinkin' apps!

I'm so done defending BB10 after tonight...-03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpg

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-16-16 09:07 PM
    Apps? Apps? We don't need no stinkin' apps!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	404165

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    Correct you are sir but unfortunately the term "we" can perhaps apply to me and you not many more.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 09:20 PM
    You could've called a cab... I get it, BlackBerry 10 sucks app wise, but this was mainly your fault.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    your practical solution is valid but it shows that we all BB users are increasingly isolated from the modern apps, from the modern world, for god's sake. Don't you see it? Actually I'm pretty mad to BB's board, they've neglected the whole OS10 ecosystem, I think deliberately because they want to ditch it forcing us to go android. I'll go android but not with them, I'm done with BB, a long list of failures, negligence..etc When I go Android, it will be with a Nexus or equivalent. F.... !!
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-17-16 01:20 AM
114 1234 ...