So I'm walking over an hour to go home right now bc we don't have an Uber app and the mobile site refuses to accept my credit and debit cards as valid.

I'm done defending BB10 after this. I am going android even if I have to go w an on screen keyboard. **** BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    enrod87, pstrusi, arrowz and 3 others like this.
    07-16-16 02:05 AM
    I can install Uber from Google Play and use it on my BlackBerry Z30 just fine. Paying by cash and/or Credit Card as usual. I can also access the service from the browser at m.uber.com. It didn't work about a month ago, but now it does.

I used to have to use an old android phone just for Uber, but now not anymore.
    07-16-16 02:49 AM
    Use The Mobile Site... I Used It On My Classic & Passport Before I Got A Priv... m.uber.com

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 02:52 AM
    I used m.uber.com and it didn't work I walked home and my roommate locked all the locks (we have ones that can only be locked from inside) and I had to climb up the house and fell 10 feet high on my back onto concrete before I could find a way in. I'm done. This is ridiculous I need to sue Uber or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 02:59 AM
    Use The Mobile Site... I Used It On My Classic & Passport Before I Got A Priv... m.uber.com

Posted via CB10
    He did. He said "mobile site refuses to accept my credit and debit cards as valid."

*ME173X
    Velocitymj likes this.
    07-16-16 03:01 AM
    I changed my electricity supplier, and immediately burnt my dinner. Time for a class action I think.
    07-16-16 03:08 AM
    I used m.uber.com and it didn't work I walked home and my roommate locked all the locks (we have ones that can only be locked from inside) and I had to climb up the house and fell 10 feet high on my back onto concrete before I could find a way in. I'm done. This is ridiculous I need to sue Uber or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Why didn't you just call a cab?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-16-16 03:21 AM
    Bhoqeem,

Can you please post screen shots of you signing in? I still am getting the network error message when doing so.

Also what OS are you on?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 03:48 AM
    Bhoqeem,

Can you please post screen shots of you signing in? I still am getting the network error message when doing so.

Also what OS are you on?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'm so done defending BB10 after tonight...-img_20160716_160005.png
    I'm so done defending BB10 after tonight...-img_20160716_160105.png

I use the latest OS: 10.3.2.2836, with ART patch.
    07-16-16 04:05 AM
    ART patch from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 04:25 AM
    ART patch from BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    Yep.
    07-16-16 04:40 AM
    Yeah, why didn't you get a cab when you saw it's not working??? It's really easy to find someone to blame, rather than to look deeper inside yourself...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 04:54 AM
    You could've called a cab... I get it, BlackBerry 10 sucks app wise, but this was mainly your fault.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-16-16 06:12 AM
    Yep.
    Can you elaborate?

What ART patch? I don't see anything like that on BB World.

I'd love to get Uber working on my z30 again.
    07-16-16 06:50 AM
    So I'm walking over an hour to go home right now bc we don't have an Uber app and the mobile site refuses to accept my credit and debit cards as valid.

I'm done defending BB10 after this. I am going android even if I have to go w an on screen keyboard. **** BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Wow, good story bro!

One time BlackBerry gave me a wedgie and stole my lunch money, too. I'm not even sure why we're still friends; I guess I like the abuse...

Call a cab next time. Your story is the equivalent of saying that you lost your job because you couldn't 'Whatsapp' your boss to tell him that you were running 5 minutes late...
    07-16-16 07:08 AM
    Can you elaborate?

Open this crackberry address: Android Runtime update for BlackBerry 10 now available | CrackBerry.com on your Z30 browser and click the link written in orange as "click on the URL leading to the update" to get to the intended app in the BlackBerry World. This will take you directly to it, since you could never find it manually on BB World. Once you are there, immediately Bookmark it, so it will listed on your "My Apps & Game" list.

Update from there.

Don't forget to reboot after which.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    07-16-16 07:15 AM
    A mobile website has problems processing your card details .... so you turn round and blame your operating system. lulz

I take it taxi companies no longer exist where you live.
    Alexandre Faustino and mk2234 like this.
    07-16-16 07:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Holy **** Dude... Sorry For That... I've Also Had My Fair Share Of Inconveniences With Uber On My BB10... But Got A Priv 2 Months Ago, Now All's Well. Hope Your Back's Okay... Maybe You Should Get Someone To Cuddle With You Today To Forget That Ordeal. Lol

Posted From My Priv In The Jungles Of Congo
    07-16-16 07:48 AM
    Can you elaborate?

The ART patch has nothing to do with the Uber app. It addressed a runtime error known to OS 10.3.2.2876. If you are running that OS and having the problem of Android apps not being deleted properly then apply the fix: If you don't have that problem then there is no need to implement the ART patch.

Uber works just fine using Cobalt's method to install Google Play (read and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344).

You may also have to use your own developer maps api key to get the map to show.
    BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-16 08:03 AM
    The ART patch has nothing to do with the Uber app. It addressed a runtime error known to OS 10.3.2.2876. If you are running that OS and having the problem of Android apps not being deleted properly then apply the fix: If you don't have that problem then there is no need to implement the ART patch.

Uber works just fine using Cobalt's method to install Google Play (read and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [Read first post for instructions] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com).

You may also have to use your own developer maps api key to get the map to show.
    I didn't say it has anything to do with Uber. Simply the inherent fact that there's a different between OS v10.3.2.2876 with and without the said patch with regards to android runtime error.

But yes, Uber works just fine using Cobalt's method to install Google Play. Thank you.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 07-16-16 at 01:01 PM.
    07-16-16 08:29 AM
    Who uses UBER? Don't you have a car? Wtf

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:56 AM
    Why didn't you just call a cab?
    This!
    07-16-16 09:02 AM
    Who uses UBER? Don't you have a car? Wtf

Posted via CB10
    Well, I do. And many others. I don't need and will never buy a car as long as there's Uber around, even though I could. It's more than just a glorified taxi. Besides, traffic jam in my city makes owning, maintaining and driving a car a pain. Uber also provides UberMotor to better maneuver such traffic jam. Although, I do have my own motorcycles.
    III 4U2NV III and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-16 09:02 AM
    I din't say it has anything to do with Uber. Simply the inherent fact that there's a different between OS v10.3.2.2876 with and without the said patch with regards to android runtime error.

But yes, Uber works just fine using Cobalt's method to install Google Play. Thank you.
    No offense but I didn't say you did - lol My interpretation to pomidor's response seemed to derive an association between the runtime fix and functioning of the Uber app. My post was intended to clarify there was none to benefit those who may not be cognizant of that. It wasn't a personal dig if you took it that way. You're welcome.
    BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-16 09:19 AM
    No offense but I didn't say you did - lol My interpretation to pomidor's response seemed to derive an association between the runtime fix and functioning of the Uber app. My post was intended to clarify there was none to benefit those who may not be cognizant of that. It wasn't a personal dig if you took it that way. You're welcome.
    It's cool, yo.
    semime, BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-16 09:23 AM
114 123 ...