I'll try them on a mates windows

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-27-14 11:37 PM
    As the OP, let me rein in a bit of the discussion and clarify a couple things.

First I want to thanks everyone who has contributed to my original questions. They have been exceedingly helpful. I have got clarification on why I can't share song titles and artists from the Music app. This is not a big deal to me.

I also have a better understanding of what I can and cannot do in the Hub. Regardless of whether or not it works exactly like in think it should is not important. It is what it is and I'm OK with that.

We also figured out that the Remember app only allows for increments of time to be selected when you are saving to an Outlook folder. Otherwise, you can select the exact times when saving to other types of folders. This is a still a minor to moderate issue for me as I use Outlook as my main calendar and email.

A couple other things are still unresolved, namely my inability to add my CC/PayPal to BlackBerry World. This is a big deal. I need to be able to purchase apps and BlackBerry so far is unresponsive.

Lastly, the "too many layers and buttons to push" thing is simply how the OS operates, take it or leave it. I understand many love this functionality. For me, I prefer a functional but simpler interface and OS. My personal preference at this point is still for Windows Phone. I find the fluidity, customizable home screen, People Hub and Live tiles to be very helpful, allowing for a custom look without the over complication of Android. The WP People Hub works very well integrating all of my feeds and emails with an elegant design. I find the BB Hub, while extremely functional, a bit too 'corporate' looking for my taste.

But let me be clear. I still love my ZED 3 and BB10. I don't plan on changing (unless I can't purchase apps) anytime soon. My intention originally was to get answers to a few questions and concerns I had, not to start a debate over which is better, BlackBerry or WP. But I appreciate everyone's strong opinions in that regard. I have strong opinions too. I can go over the top at times as well. It's also not an either-or situation with me. Like many of you I have other phones and each has its strengths and weaknesses. I'm lucky in that I live in a country that is predominantly pre-pay so I'm not locked in for 2 years at a time. I'm free to do what I wish at any time.

I look forward to a long relationship with BlackBerry 10 and my Z3. I will install 10.3 this weekend and look forward to discovering it's new features and improvements.

Cheers!

Jeff

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 09-28-14 at 12:12 AM.
    09-27-14 11:47 PM
    in the remember app:

hit new entry
    then hit task (tab beside note)
    turn due date and reminder on and then you can set your desired dates and times

for deleted emails

in the hub select the email you want
    at the top the name of the account will be blue, hit that and a drop down menu will appear.
    for me, my hotmail account, has a deleted tab and my deleted email is in there.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-27-14 11:56 PM
    in the remember app:

hit new entry
    then hit task (tab beside note)
    turn due date and reminder on and then you can set your desired dates and times.
    Thanks xtech22, but this isn't true if you are setting the task to save in an Outlook folder. I don't want to repeat myself but you can read more about it in the above posts.....cheers!

09-28-14 12:17 AM
    Your sixth issue (the BlackBerry World one) is not on BlackBerry but on Paypal. When you make a purchase, your request is routed through the Paypal Portal and they are the ones that have flagged you as a risk. That's why it's not going through. I know because I have the same issue and contacted Paypal countless time because of it. My situation however didn't get resolved even though I sent them about every official, stamped and dated documents proving my legitimacy. Thanks to my persistent and non-relenting nature to rectify a situation that clearly can't be rectified ( this is all according to Paypal) I earned myself a lifetime ban from any Paypal services, so watch out how you go about it. I just wanted to get it sorted, they froze my account and banned me.

I suggest you either contact Paypal (use puppy dog eyes and your soft voice) and tell them to stop d*cking around or just input your credit card details, that worked for me.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-28-14 03:15 AM
    Your sixth issue (the BlackBerry World one) is not on BlackBerry but on Paypal. When you make a purchase, your request is routed through the Paypal Portal and they are the ones that have flagged you as a risk. That's why it's not going through. I know because I have the same issue and contacted Paypal countless time because of it. My situation however didn't get resolved even though I sent them about every official, stamped and dated documents proving my legitimacy. Thanks to my persistent and non-relenting nature to rectify a situation that clearly can't be rectified ( this is all according to Paypal) I earned myself a lifetime ban from any Paypal services, so watch out how you go about it. I just wanted to get it sorted, they froze my account and banned me.

I suggest you either contact Paypal (use puppy dog eyes and your soft voice) and tell them to stop d*cking around or just input your credit card details, that worked for me.
    Well, that's not very encouraging.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I will try and resolve it carefully then on my side.

Certainly, in this day and age, and BlackBerry a "global" company there are many people in the same situation, ie living abroad, needing Blackberry services.

I will keep a smile on my face but if this can't be resolved soon without too much trouble I'll have to reevaluate my choice.

Thanks!

09-28-14 03:25 AM
    UPDATE: With the 10.3 update I did yesterday I'm officially off the ledge. It rocks!

Faster, a more elegant design, and many improvements to the UI. I'm in love all over again. Thanks everyone for the help and support.

Let's keep the conversation going...

BTW I still have a major issue with BlackBerry World to solve. If I can't get them to accept my CC Or PP account I may be forced to switch back. Fingers crossed.

GSM-S likes this.
    09-28-14 11:49 PM
    Disappear?? I don't think so...i've had emails on my hub for weeks even months.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly I think once there is a certain amount the eldest e mails just go from the hub! Bit pants really that is.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    09-29-14 12:03 AM
    Honestly I think once there is a certain amount the eldest e mails just go from the hub! Bit pants really that is.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    And it's brilliant that it does this . I don't want to scroll thru millions of messages in the hub. That takes memory and makes it slower. You can use remote search to look up whatever you want, whenever you got it.
    09-29-14 12:27 PM
    @kb61 - I see, thanks - never use that view, except to skip past it, so unfamiliar.

That's slightly trickier to test, but I've had a few DMs / messages sent, and it looks to me as if each tap takes you into a slightly better level of detail - "You have a new message in this medium" -> tap -> "This is the subject / sender" -> tap -> "This is the content / context"

It might be it's staged like that to minimise traffic until you feel the need to process it fi it appears important enough. If you always want to react and dive straight in to the detail when a message arrives, maybe not such a good fit.
    BTW,

This has been resolved with the 10.3 upgrade and Instant Action feature.

Glad BlackBerry is constantly improving the experience - and it is an "experience" for me. We spend so much time with our phones it's gotta be enjoyable, at least for me.

Last edited by jefbeard911; 09-30-14 at 11:51 PM.
    09-30-14 11:02 PM
    Just do it, doesn't look like things are going to get better. On a side note, if you do switch, let me know which WP you get as i'll likely head there on my next upgrade.
    At the risk of offending my fellow CB friends I can say that, IMHO, the WP UI and experience is simpler and more refined at this point in time, but with the 10.3 upgrade I did a couple days ago it's very close. 10.3 rocks and is a much better experience. It also has a more refined and modern look, which is important to me.

WP 8.1 is a nice OS and I do miss the People Hub. For me, it's a bit less corporate looking and more fun to use.

It boils down to what's more important to you. Neither is better, just different.

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3more
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 09-30-14 at 11:55 PM.
    09-30-14 11:09 PM
86 ... 234