Share the music via Screenshot ;-) or just a quick YouTube search or let soundhound run....

When you play music it is taking that stream instead if the mic input......

You always learn (=

Posted via CB10

I'm on the ledge and gonna jump (Back to Win Phone) - Help!-img_20140925_192852.png

Hope you can see the youtube video.... I love soundhound..... brilliant app.... more helpful to share than just name and pic I believe....

I have no music on my phone...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:44 PM
    Just do it, doesn't look like things are going to get better. On a side note, if you do switch, let me know which WP you get as i'll likely head there on my next upgrade.
    You are not helpful. Perhaps go and allow the other members to assist OP?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1154
    09-25-14 01:46 PM
    That's not necessary.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. The OP has some legitimate points, plainly laid out.
    jefbeard911 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-25-14 02:03 PM
    I don't want to share the music file on Facebook just the cover art and song I'm listening to like most streaming services allow. Guess it can't be done...
    BBM used to do this -- at least the song title and artist (maybe it still does in BB10?). It would show what you are listening to -- which was stored on the phone, not in the cloud. BlackBerry could implement this in their FB app. But their FB app is lacking a lot of features from what I understand (not an in depth user myself). BlackBerry writes the FB app themselves whereas on iOS and Android, the apps are written by Facebook. Therefore, they are typically better. I think (??) Microsoft writes the app on Windows Phone, but then there you have a lot more resources they can put into it.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:13 PM
    What do you think of the soundhound workaround?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:18 PM
    Never have had an issue setting an exact reminder time in the remember app, no matter what OS10 version.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3337
    09-25-14 02:23 PM
    Never have had an issue setting an exact reminder time in the remember app, no matter what OS10 version.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3337
    Setting reminder times was impossible in 10.0, limited to what the OP is experiencing in 10.1, and came to the current state in 10.2.1.

Not sure why the OP is having the issue on their phone, since that is the current status.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    09-25-14 02:44 PM
    First things first update your OS. I can set hours and minutes in Remember and I have 10.2.1.
    Rest of the issues have been answered by other people here but I can't get over your remarks about being spoiled by WP and bb10 being immature . I have Lumia with the latest 8.1 and this software with all the might of the Microsoft is still miles behind BlackBerry in terms of functionality and productivity
    Give it an update and spend another week on BB10. Then go back to WP. You will find out what being spoiled really means. Maybe start with email app on WP and go on from there....
    Sorry but you must have really had a bad day today.
    09-25-14 03:02 PM
    When you create a task in Remember Me, you have the Due Date field which is a date and the Remember field which is a DateTime.
    I'm on the ledge and gonna jump (Back to Win Phone) - Help!-img_20140925_225941.png
    Last official release, no leak (10.2.1)
    09-25-14 04:01 PM
    Just jump, I surely don't want to here you cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chill out

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-25-14 05:27 PM
    It could simply be that because he has a z3 it is not as full featured as the rest of the bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:01 PM
    Re: Reminder app

Maybe it's fixed in 10.3, or I'm missing something as there is no place to select an exact time when your setting a task.

Attachment 300404
    Attachment 300405
    Attachment 300406

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    You are correct. The remember app has been re worked in 10.3. Much better and solves your issue.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-25-14 06:20 PM
    Hey OP, I'm sure just about everyone here has been more than helpful in your quest to figure out BB10. I just wanted to mention I found myself getting used to a double tap when using the lock screen notifications to jump to the HUB. I didn't even realize I started doing it. Okay good luck either way. Hope you can stay and enjoy BB10 as much as I do quirks and all.

Just do it, doesn't look like things are going to get better. On a side note, if you do switch, let me know which WP you get as i'll likely head there on my next upgrade.
    You say, after people confirm it actually is getting better. Lol. Your negativity in this case is unwarranted and OP is getting the help they asked for. Why don't you go to WP and then come back here and tell us all about it. I'm sure we would all appreciate that. Have fun, okay?

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S and jefbeard911 like this.
    09-25-14 07:48 PM
    Notifications on the lockscreen are based on Privacy. Not everyone wants their personal emails or texts seen out in the open. Therefore "tap" is in order for when one is not surrounded by people and can Decide later on if he or she want to answer the message.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-25-14 08:56 PM
    Well, I'm really not looking for another music app. I listen to music two ways on my Z3. Mostly I stream using Deezer. I have a paid subscription and it rocks. Very happy with it. I can share the artist and song I am listening very easily on FB and others simply by hitting the share icon.

I also has some music I own on my phone, fro my personal music collection. I was hoping to share the artist and song I am listening to the same way I do when I stream, but it looks like that's not possible. To be honest, I can't remember if this is allowed on WP and Android either. Not knocking bb, just looking for a way to do it.

Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-14 10:38 PM
    Share the music via Screenshot ;-) or just a quick YouTube search or let soundhound run....

When you play music it is taking that stream instead if the mic input......

You always learn (=

Posted via CB10
    Since your post got kinds jumbled on a few different lines I didn't get what you were saying until now. If that works as advertised, ie, picks up the artist and song while streaming and not through the mic, I'm in.

Ignore my 'I don't need another music app' comment as I didn't understand what you meant... lol

09-25-14 10:45 PM
    What do you think of the soundhound workaround?

Posted via CB10
    see previous comments.. lol

09-25-14 10:46 PM
    Hope your issues are solved or will be with bb 10.3.1 soon. Windows Phone comes with it's own set of problems and work arounds lol.

I tried to send an mp3 to a friend using NFC, worked fine with Android - but no luck with Windows Phone. Just one example.

All platforms have their pluses and minuses...

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 and miker476 like this.
    09-25-14 10:50 PM
    First things first update your OS. I can set hours and minutes in Remember and I have 10.2.1.
    Rest of the issues have been answered by other people here but I can't get over your remarks about being spoiled by WP and bb10 being immature . I have Lumia with the latest 8.1 and this software with all the might of the Microsoft is still miles behind BlackBerry in terms of functionality and productivity
    Give it an update and spend another week on BB10. Then go back to WP. You will find out what being spoiled really means. Maybe start with email app on WP and go on from there....
    Sorry but you must have really had a bad day today.
    A couple things,

first, we can agree to disagree as I find WP an overall better experience than BB10 at this point. WP has been around for a number of year while BB10 has been here for a year or so. So in that sense it is immature.

I can also tell you that I am running the latest OS version available for my phone. if you mean update it to 10.3, I plan to But the point is I was asking these questions for not just myself but for others as well. Most other people are not gonna take the time to sideload an unofficial OS, wont know how, or don't even know about it.

I still own an 8.1 WP as well, it's just not my daily driver. For me, I don't want to be 'productive' with my phone. I want something fun and usable. As far as functionality, Both WP and Android are have more than adequate 'functionality'. I don't need 10 ways to set an alarm or organise my email. I need 1 way that makes sense. More 'buttons' isn't always the solution.

All of that being said, I like BB10. My original intention was to get answers to my questions, hoping that it's my newest to the platform that we the issue and not OS. it seems like it's 50/50.

Amyway. Thanks for your comments and input (said without any sarchasm or snark).

09-25-14 11:00 PM
    When you create a task in Remember Me, you have the Due Date field which is a date and the Remember field which is a DateTime.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140925_225941.png 
Views:	681 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	300475
    Last official release, no leak (10.2.1)
    Check out my screen shots above. My Remember app doesn't look like this and I am running 10.2.1 (. 2977)

09-25-14 11:02 PM
    It could simply be that because he has a z3 it is not as full featured as the rest of the bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but not true amigo . the Zed 3 has all the features as any other BB10 phone. I believe it was also the first phone to be released with factory installed 10.2.1.

Since the Z3 isnt available in most western countries yet I can understand the confusion. I can tell you that it's cheap in price only, it's a solid, premium - feeling phone. Foxconn and BB did a nice job.

09-25-14 11:06 PM
    Thanks but not true amigo . the Zed 3 has all the features as any other BB10 phone. I believe it was also the first phone to be released with factory installed 10.2.1.

Since the Z3 isnt available in most western countries yet I can understand the confusion. I can tell you that it's cheap in price only, it's a solid, premium - feeling phone. Foxconn and BB did a nice job.

Something is wrong, then. Every version of 10.2.1 I've used has had the ability to select a specific time for the reminder function of the Remember app.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:36 PM
    OK, I'm starting to piece this together.

When I save the task to an "unfilled entry"
    Folder it give me the option to select the exact time:

EDIT: I got the order of the screen shots reversed but you get the point.

I'm on the ledge and gonna jump (Back to Win Phone) - Help!-img_20140926_114539.png

But when I save it to my Outlook calendar folder (which is where I want to save it) it doesn't allow you to select the exact time, just increments of time.

I'm on the ledge and gonna jump (Back to Win Phone) - Help!-img_20140926_114518.png

Who knew?

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    niss63 likes this.
    09-25-14 11:54 PM
    Hey for that email do a universal search and if it can't find it to it should ask for remote search so it will recheck your email inbox in the server

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    09-26-14 12:02 AM
    Hope your issues are solved or will be with bb 10.3.1 soon. Windows Phone comes with it's own set of problems and work arounds lol.

I tried to send an mp3 to a friend using NFC, worked fine with Android - but no luck with Windows Phone. Just one example.

All platforms have their pluses and minuses...

Posted via CB10
    Not to mention android users can't send you mp3's over nfc/bluetooth setup

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:19 AM
86 1234