Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:25 AM
    I'm sorry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-18-15 10:27 AM
    We listen to ppl upset w/ software very often. But hardware?

BleedBlk-
    07-18-15 10:28 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Bravo! Well written, insightful post regarding Blackberry hardware! I have never read a more detailed critique of Blackberry hardware. Thank you for this. You have truly opened my eyes, thank you.
    07-18-15 10:34 AM
    Why do I even have to explain?....the fact that they use Snapdragon chips from 2012 in 2015 devices,the fact that their design language is bland or the fact that they are keeping mum about their hardware business and showing off their ENTERPRISE software is best...in fact I don't even know what BES does!...so it's not even useful for most of the people...I have had Z10 and Playbook and all I did was blame them for the specs because it was damn slow,even the software was crying for some HP....(passport dudes don't f*** with me with your 800 sh** in your it's bitsy square device)

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:36 AM
    Sorry you feel that way op, but the hardware choices made by BlackBerry aren't to be spec monsters, they're designed to be communication tools first and foremost. The choice of using snapdragon cpu's (s4 with adreno 225) on most BlackBerry 10 devices is because they're still supported by many apps and easy to program for, they're cost effective and most BlackBerry 10 users are communication users. They're is no real demand for power cpu's. If gaming is your forte' than android is your best bet. BlackBerry has made very good strides with qualcomm cpu's as many other android manufacturers solely for the cost savings vs gains. They're in no way obsolete, don't be fooled in the spec war, most newer devices don't even support the cpu power they are given. Take the HTC m9 for example...a 64 bit cpu with power house quad core cpu...suffers horribly from throttling and using it vs an older device (m8) you wouldn't feel the difference. Silicon technology has moved in leaps and bounds in the last few years, but the average consumer has no idea what exactly they're using. Like I said, if the whole package, meaning hardware and software work well and include excellent battery management than theyres no need to ramp up on specs. I hope my info helps, as you have every right to your own opinion, this is mine. And having used many android and apple devices, my main daily driver still remains BlackBerry 10. Not for beastly specs, but as a communication device with excellent design, hardware and battery.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, nolimits7 and Jakob Greve like this.
    07-18-15 10:54 AM
    Why do I even have to explain?....the fact that they use Snapdragon chips from 2012 in 2015 devices,the fact that their design language is bland or the fact that they are keeping mum about their hardware business and showing off their ENTERPRISE software is best...in fact I don't even know what BES does!...so it's not even useful for most of the people...I have had Z10 and Playbook and all I did was blame them for the specs because it was damn slow,even the software was crying for some HP....(passport dudes don't f*** with me with your 800 sh** in your it's bitsy square device)

Posted via CB10
    Did you know the specs before you bought your device?

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-18-15 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow, now the guys using Passport are to blame?? I think you going a little bit over the top with your rant here.
    07-18-15 11:12 AM
    Seems that users with a focus on Specs aren't the target audience for now.

I'm happy with my Q10, but that might just be because my use case is mostly for communication and working with text & Docs (BTW, Clipman is a must have app lol).

Have thought about getting the Passport, but am a fan of the Q10's size. Then again, going from the 9320 the Q10 seemed huge and now it's great. Am thinking that maybe the same will happen with the Passport. I'd probably adapt to that size as well lol.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    07-18-15 11:13 AM
    Passport is awesome. Z10 came out in 2013 with 2013 specs.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    habs_fan and Jakob Greve like this.
    07-18-15 11:17 AM
    Leave BlackBerry if you are not satisfied.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    07-18-15 11:19 AM
    Here we go again...

...nag nag nag...blackberry-does-it-all-wrong...whine whine whine...

Another bandwidth polluting topic

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 and Drewpoc like this.
    07-18-15 11:26 AM
    Passport is awesome. Z10 came out in 2013 with 2013 specs.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I agree try getting a device that's not over two yrs old

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 11:27 AM
    Firstly, I am a developer for bb10 and love their devices from day one and the Z10 I have is the LE version so ya it's the best designed they have. I know there is no need for monster specs but best experience but u guys have to say that the specs are not good,I don't want an overheating octa-core cpu,i just want a powerful cpu with single core performance like Intel atom or Snapdragon 800 series except 810...I just want to take awesome pics using some imx234 or imx240 with some fast nand....i want fast app load...these are expected from flagship devices. BlackBerry releases a flagship device like Z30 then after a month or so cuts price and brings it back to where it belongs mid range category . I like passport's spec but what about a full touch even when I want to consider the Leap, the design just makes feel so bad even to consider it. Z10 was like safe but industrial - nobody will complain....then all other devices nothing....this is not just my opinion, my friends ,family etc...all had their opinions. Z10 they liked but Leap

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:18 PM
    Firstly, I am a developer for bb10 and love their devices from day one and the Z10 I have is the LE version so ya it's the best designed they have. I know there is no need for monster specs but best experience but u guys have to say that the specs are not good,I don't want an overheating octa-core cpu,i just want a powerful cpu with single core performance like Intel atom or Snapdragon 800 series except 810...I just want to take awesome pics using some imx234 or imx240 with some fast nand....i want fast app load...these are expected from flagship devices. BlackBerry releases a flagship device like Z30 then after a month or so cuts price and brings it back to where it belongs mid range category . I like passport's spec but what about a full touch even when I want to consider the Leap, the design just makes feel so bad even to consider it. Z10 was like safe but industrial - nobody will complain....then all other devices nothing....this is not just my opinion, my friends ,family etc...all had their opinions. Z10 they liked but Leap

Posted via CB10
    I could give two 💩 's if it takes an app 2-3 seconds to load up personally. The phone does what I want it to do perfectly, which is communicate. Even the Android apps I use work just fine with the exception of Snapchat.

Posted with my  Classic
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-18-15 12:32 PM
    Consider Leap with a price tag of 20k in India ( $315) with dual Krait and 2GB ram and 5inch HD...at the same price tag you could get OnePlus One 64gb,moto x 16gb, Zenphone 2 with 4gb ram, Mi 4 64GB or even old LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy S5....tell me....these devices have some good specs and most importantly offer some good experience. If Leap was priced sub 15k ($236) still it will be fighting most of these devices with their 16 gb versions. Now if it was priced 10k ($160) then it would be a good option to consider and purchase. If BlackBerry releases another full touch then they will drop the price of Leap like what they did with Z10 and Q10.....and we say Samsungs Greedy..

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:36 PM
    I could give two 💩 's if it takes an app 2-3 seconds to load up personally. The phone does what I want it to do perfectly, which is communicate. Even the Android apps I use work just fine with the exception of Snapchat.

Posted with my  Classic
    Have u ever used any other device, reducing app load time makes a TON of difference....don't start with me on android apps after some effort I tried the cobalt play store much better than snap because it updates automatically. BlackBerry is stuck at optimising Android runtime...it doesn't even utilize 4 cores and is capped at 2 on passport....on STL100-1 omap cpu heats up like hell when running android apps and sucks the battery out.....right now i'm plugged in to a charger....

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:43 PM
    Have u ever used any other device, reducing app load time makes a TON of difference....don't start with me on android apps after some effort I tried the cobalt play store much better than snap because it updates automatically. BlackBerry is stuck at optimising Android runtime...it doesn't even utilize 4 cores and is capped at 2 on passport....on STL100-1 omap cpu heats up like hell when running android apps and sucks the battery out.....right now i'm plugged in to a charger....

Posted via CB10
    I have an iPad, which would be my go to device if I want to use an app like Netflix for extended viewing. App load time of 2-3 seconds on my phone for some apps simply does not bother me. Do other phones do it quicker? I can't say personally, but again a difference of a second or two...not an issue for me

Posted with my  Classic
    07-18-15 12:55 PM
    Hardware? When was the last time you upgraded your PC or laptop? Most likely only when it dies.

The same is and will happen to smartphones. The only really product differentiation is BlackBerry physical keyboard. Everything else is virtually the same.

Software and connectivity is the future. Chen has it right. Think TVs, media content providers and ISP are making the real money, TV hardware manufacturers are suffering.

Specs are like wine. The "experts" can spend all day debating the value of a wine but the honest truth is whether it costs $5 or $5000 if you don't like the taste it is a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:13 PM
    Hardware? When was the last time you upgraded your PC or laptop? Most likely only when it dies.

The same is and will happen to smartphones. The only really product differentiation is BlackBerry physical keyboard. Everything else is virtually the same.

Posted via CB10
    Correct but when you buy a new one for long term don't u want it be the best at the time of purchase and future proof...anyway guys I just wanted to say my opinion....i won't be replying any more...cause I have a life..

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 01:22 PM
    Correct but when you buy a new one for long term don't u want it be the best at the time of purchase and future proof...anyway guys I just wanted to say my opinion....i won't be replying any more...cause I have a life..

Posted via CB10
    "Best" is a relative term.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-18-15 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    So a full touch with high end specs, next year maybe
    07-18-15 02:46 PM
    You know what. The camera hardware has always sucked, trying to scan bar codes or to get a focus. I really wish they'd go with a top of the line camera with the new slider. Just once, BlackBerry do it right.

But with the Z30 they did so some really kick *** speakers. I'll give them that. But yeah they really need to use top notch stuff to be charging the prices they do for these phones. I knew what the OP meant without elaboration.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    07-18-15 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    and ... with that, I should bid farewell. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...thread-260887/
    Drewpoc likes this.
    07-18-15 03:12 PM