That's exactly my point, that no phone is problem free. So what's so bad about BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 03:38 PM
    That's exactly my point, that no phone is problem free. So what's so bad about BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure I outlined my concerns above multiple times, feel free to re-read over them.

-Chris-
    08-26-13 03:55 PM
    You might like a feature phone better

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:30 PM
    Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I work as a system integrator for corporation and the BB10 devices are so much more trouble free than the older BB devices. That does not in anyway makes a brick or random call acceptable.

All electronic equipment can fail and I guess that is what happened to your sisters. Without having it here I cannot say if it is truly defective or some error happened to the storage so the filesystem is corrupted. Either way - it should not have happened and my suggestion is to get a swapped device.

Your Boss' device is a bit harder to say. It could be a defective digitizer making random input or a software issue. I have not heard of the issue before, so I would suggest

1) reinstall the software because it is a very easy and fast thing to try compared to sending it for repair
    2) send it in for repair/swap.

I really appreciate the way to express yourself. Simple and straight facts and no bashing. Some people could learn a lot from you!

Sorry to hear you have such long repair times. I'm from Denmark and the distributor has made an agreement with a national repair center so the turnaround time for a repair should be 48-72 hours. This leaves the user without a device for 3-4 days under normal conditions. Great service!
    08-26-13 04:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure I outlined my concerns above multiple times, feel free to re-read over them.

-Chris-
    Sorry was too long. I only read in point form lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:00 PM
    There are far too many apologists online at Crackberry or living in a parallel consumer universe . I got my z10 on day one in Canada. Right away there have been issues sending emails when there is a wifi connection. This is still not resolved. I gave to turn off my wifi each time I respond to an email. With the recent os release - my texts disappear only to reappear after going in and out of the hub, sending partial texts etc. This is a basic basic function that should be robust- but it's not. I generally like th phone but can not recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately. BlackBerry needs to get their act together fast.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:20 PM
    Honestly, your boss is probably better off with his old Bold or an iPhone. They just work.
    Same goes for your dad.
    It's a lot easier to stick with something you know, when you're that age. Or something that's just really intuitive and friendly to use, like an iPhone.
    (And if BBRY gets sold, and BB10 dumped, they'll really be grateful for your recommendations. I really wouldn't recommend a BB10 phone to anybody, until BBRYs future gets clarified, and they don't have the "For Sale" sign up anymore.)

What you're describing here is twofold.

1: Quality control problems. BBRY gets their phones build by Quantas and Foxconn these days. That means they're just one of many customers, and one of their smaller ones at that. Naturally QC and how its dealt with with Blackberries today won't be whatnot used to be. It is what it is: Average. Worse than Apple or HTC, probably Nokia too, but better than LG, Huawei and Acer.

2. The second problem you're describing is with BB10, and its a typical 1.0 product problem. BBOS is a new OS and it'll take years to get to where iOS (and in some respects Android) is these days. The good news? It will get better. The bad? It won't be much better in 10.2 or 10.3 or 10.4. It's a long, uphill climb that'll take a couple of years, but in every update the bugs will be fewer.
    Hey! Hey! I resent the age discrimination going on here! I realize that us old fogeys are stereotyped when it comes to technology, but at 62, my Z10 and I get along just fine! ;-D

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-26-13 05:22 PM
    So u don't care wht problems could other people have? Why posting something here then...? u should worry because you are in the same environment. BlackBerry needs that; everyone of us should be worried because of the lack of everything as a company.
    what a pathetic response, worrying about something YOU have no control over is pointless, just like your post.
    08-26-13 05:23 PM
    I haven't even done that with my Zed... is it stable enough to drop on her Q without having to worry she's going to run into odd issues that leaks tend to bring to the table?

I think her new phone shows up tomorrow in the mail...

-Chris-
    quite stable and solves a lot of issues with many added features on top of that (including the laggy/stutter that 10.1 is known for).. fell back in love with my Z after running 10.2, you should get on that asap so you can show your sister all the new goodies like lock screen and toast notifications lol
    08-26-13 06:52 PM
    Are android phones problem free?
    Bad analogy, since BBRY is specifically going for an AAPL-like product for which they can control the entire hardware/software integration. The Android model is totally different. You should have asked 'Are iPhones problem free?' And the answer is 'generally speaking, yes'. When there's a problem with an iPhone, it makes headlines (like the antenna issue).
    08-26-13 08:04 PM
    I have to admit to not reading the entire thread, but a few points I'd like to make. I am 60. I absolutely love the Z10 and have had basically zero problems with it. I am also a power user. The phone is in my hand more than not. I have well over 50 apps installed, many of them sideloaded android ports. I actually use all the apps I have on the phone. I test many other apps and delete them if they don't measure up (I probably have tried and dumped at least 30). Not to negate that some people have had legitimate problems. Just saying that some have not, and it's not as some seem to think just those users who stay safe and don't load apps, side load, etc. In fact, I'm running a 10.1 leak as well.

And as for the age thing... you're as old as you think you are! My mother is 87. When she was 80 she joined Facebook and started using Skype on her Windows computer. Three years ago she switched to a mac! For her 85th birthday she bought herself a nice digital piano and signed up for lessons! I'm afraid to let her try my Z10 cause she might like it and then be tempted to text and drive!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:48 PM
    I have had no problems with my Z10 but I know from reading the posts that people have had issues. Are these phones made at different factories with varying quality inspections? Almost seems once u get a lemon, u r royally screwed. I have been thinking of trying the Q10 but what if it is one of the lemons?

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    08-26-13 09:57 PM
    Q10 Telus, doing a fair amount of stuff on the device, everything A1.
    08-27-13 02:51 AM
    Every new system has problems.
    But wow, some of this is scary.
    If I was texting a contact and it went to someone else, that would be it for me with that phone. It hasn't happened to me yet.
    I message my patients. I'm a professional. I can't afford to cut a device slack if it messes with my work to that extent.

OP, you should raise this with BlackBerry and their twitter presence, make sure they're aware of it.
    Bobert_123 and kbz1960 like this.
    08-27-13 03:06 AM
    Iphone home button, and volume buttons crap out pretty fast.

It can also do funny things when in a call.

Posted via CB10
    AndreyLepher likes this.
    08-27-13 06:48 AM
    A lot of posts dismissing the OP's original point, which I am paraphrasing as BlackBerry's execution of the OS that is meant to revitalise the company.

I share the OP's concern. I've experienced the random dialing and the reboots and the messaging to the wrong person. I have been concerned for a long time now.
    boi2012 likes this.
    08-27-13 06:58 AM
    A lot of posts dismissing the OP's original point, which I am paraphrasing as BlackBerry's execution of the OS that is meant to revitalise the company.

I share the OP's concern. I've experienced the random dialing and the reboots and the messaging to the wrong person. I have been concerned for a long time now.
    Considering that BB sells itself as the smartphone for serious people who need to communicate, sending a message to the wrong person is a major problem. That could have serious repercussions in businesses like Government, Banking or the Law.

My recommendation to the OPs sister is return the Q10 and get an iPhone. Next time she upgrades, BB will have hopefully ironed out all the teething problems.
    08-27-13 07:24 AM
    OP I share your concern.

The first few weeks of ownership were a unnecessary fumble of the ball by BlackBerry. Battery Life was terrible for those first couple of weeks until Verizon pushed out an update. And the random reboots along with the phone just redialing numbers was a PROBLEM that we should have never experienced.

My Z10 is working pretty good for me now, even on a "leaked" 10.2 version of the OS. So fortunately for me my issues have been solely OS related - hardware has been fine.... other than the need to own a Charging Bundle to get me through the days I'm not near my car or desk to "refill".

That all said, the lack of developer support after six months is.... sad. And going to the carrier to get a replacement or downloading a leaked OS is not going to fix that. Now maybe with 10.2 and the new Android run time, along with BlackBerry porting apps (with permission) to BB World ...
    08-27-13 09:04 AM
    I am an absolute amateur when it comes to sideloading, installing OS's, and all the things people here have doing to BB's for years. I've been a BB user for the last 5 years and was thrilled when BestBuy offered the Z10 for free with ATT contract renewal. I was then crushed when I saw the limited app capability. But I came here and in a matter of 2 weeks, with just a little reading, I am running 10.2 with the new Android runtime. I have sideloaded my desired android apps(via PB manager for Chrome) and they work very well ( I wish I could log in to google maps but that's a minor thing).

For serious BB users help is out there and you don't have to have to be a software engineer to make use of it. Now, I know that's not much to average, casual user but quite frankly that isn't who BB markets to. Whether or not that's smart is a different thread but the truth is they don't. I could not be happier with my Z10 right now and am glad to be able to remain with BB.
    08-27-13 09:12 AM
    Sorry to hear of the problems encountered with the phone.
    My wife's and my Z are fabulous.
    Its disheartening to hear, especially since I am a proud first BlackBerry owner.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:44 AM
    I'm on the same boat. I love my Z10 with all my heart, and would never abandon BlackBerry, but I'm already on my 3rd Z10. I've had the chance to recommend this phone to few people already, who would buy this device solely on my recommendation, but I have chosen not to.

Until they fix all these serious issues, I just can't recommend my phone to anyone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-27-13 11:16 AM
    what a pathetic response, worrying about something YOU have no control over is pointless, just like your post.
    There is nothing at all pathetic about Fnen90's response. He is absolutely right. Anyone of these problems can potentially affect one of us (users of BB devices).
    08-27-13 11:22 AM
    I am really happy with my Z10, I am now using leaks with native apps still and some BB Beta Zone apps, I will get the Z30 and I know I will be as happy as I am now with a bigger display

Not every phone is for everybody I dont like iphones, I kind of like androids and mmm I feel curious about windows phone (hate windows 8 for PC) ... si BB phones are made for me so I got them
    08-27-13 11:50 AM
    Remus 2k...you do not have email set to "check" every 15 minutes...it is set to "sync" every 15 minutes. Sync is to synchronize the account with your other computers, not to check the servers for emails...(different than the older BlackBerry os's)

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... Unlocked Runtime
    08-27-13 12:45 PM
    I can agree with most. I don't think it's the OS that is killing them though but it has a part due to BBRY not putting out a more stable OS after 3+ years of working on it before releasing it. Is QNX just not meant for mobile or not capable of it or is it just BBRY who made it that way or did so the right things with it?
    Im reading posts months back that say that in no way is qnx( the all be and all end all of computing) the culprit for those terrible phones. so no way posters here are wrong. sliced bread has nothing on qnx
    08-28-13 07:42 AM
66 123