Not to worry. A few recent photo's on the internet show a Passport with a "switch to Android" button,
    suggesting that at least some new Blackberry's will be dual boot phones.

Switch to Android? - MondoBlackberry.com

These may be out as early as this fall sometime, so if you can, I would hang on. Blackberry isn't going away.
    Still just more speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-31-15 05:27 AM
    BlackBerry, even seemingly under Chen, is always more than willing to shoot themselves in the foot.

BlackBerry is going to say nothing until they release the probably-Android phone. Then that will fail because, news flash, a BlackBerry with Android, no body will care. No one. They will stick with their Samsung with Android that carrier reps push like it's the cure for cancer and impotence. Not to mention, BlackBerry won't advertise this phone worth crap, they will just assume Android makes BlackBerry sell itself. Lol

Game over. No more handsets, and early adopters of BlackBerry Android (not to mention BlackBerry 10 users) are screwed once again. It will stay at Lollipop and therefore become very unsecured.

Perhaps software and services only will live on, perhaps eventually it too will be torn apart for patents and be sold like many have suggested.

I almost can't believe I've joined the doom and gloom crowd, but the silence of Clewely on Twitter and Bluenoser helped wake me out of my denial.

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    And people care about a BlackBerry with BB10? That situation is even more laughable.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 07:28 AM
    And people care about a BlackBerry with BB10? That situation is even more laughable.

Posted via CB10
    Way to state the obvious.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 09:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't implying they did. I was staying that basically the smartphone market is a fool's game. If you aren't Samsung, Android isn't a cash cow for you.

--STV posting from his now-legacy, relic BlackBerry Z30
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-31-15 07:03 PM
    I wasn't implying they did. I was staying that basically the smartphone market is a fool's game. If you aren't Samsung, Android isn't a cash cow for you.

I think that's right. Android isn't the finish line, it's the starting line.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-31-15 07:13 PM
    Do you have any idea how strange it is to end every sentence with an exclamation point?

Posted via CB10
    I know right

!
    08-31-15 07:22 PM
    I know right

!
    [punctuation nazi]
    You should have used a comma and a question mark, not exclamation point in your response.
    [/punctuation nazi]
    08-31-15 08:52 PM
    He's ready for the next Flagship!
    Blackberry Venice

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 09:27 PM
    [punctuation nazi]
    You should have used a comma and a question mark, not exclamation point in your response.
    [/punctuation nazi]
    Thanks Mike! Appreciate your input! Keep after those punctu-nazis! Doing god's work!

Posted via CB10
    extisis and BCITMike like this.
    09-01-15 06:04 PM
    Security updates.

Microsoft develops new features for first 5 years, then goes into security updates for 5 years for 10 year cycle. They don't sell Windows 7 any more, but still providing security updates for a few more years.

Same thing with BBOS, except for exact years being different.

Actually, looks like July 2014.
    Software Support Life Cycle - Canada

I didn't hear about this, I last heard:

BlackBerry 7 OS to remain supported for nearly two more years
    Dated Jan 2, 2014.

Officially, "BlackBerry Technical Support will continue to support our software on a best-effort basis." That probably means how severe the security issue is.

Posted via CB10

Ok I previously asked

Where do you get this?

Show me a post on their official software site where the latest update for BBOS is released anywhere this year and up to the last 3 mths? Those that bought the last 9900 from the released batch may have a few months left of hardware support but that's it.
    Your source for BlackBerry is correct ... the SOURCE is correct.

However your quote is WRONG and misconstrues the facts to support your view NOT what I specifically asked. You even stated "last I heard" when using phone arena's like.

Clear Facts on BlackBerry's official software site:

End of Support Date

End of Support Date refers to the date as of which BlackBerry will no longer provide automatic fixes, updates, or security patches for that particular version of the software. (ahem notice the PERIOD there?) Technical assistance will be provided on a best effort basis. At this time, customers should ensure that they have downloaded the latest available service pack or purchased a software upgrade.

Impact on customers:

Maintenance Releases (MRs) will no longer be provided.
    BlackBerry will offer support on a best effort basis after this date. Current BlackBerry Technical Support Services customers will continue to be supported; issues will be triaged for resolution in a future software release. If the issue reported has already been resolved in a newer version, customers will be instructed to update their software.
    The impact on customers is VERY specific ... TSS customers are paid support customers as in BES users not and end user, so their software update, may be on their official software update but you will NOT find it on their support page ... www.blackberry.com/btsc which incidentally has changed the official URL to Salesforce

Cheers.
    09-01-15 06:38 PM
    Ok I previously asked

Your source for BlackBerry is correct ... the SOURCE is correct.

However your quote is WRONG and misconstrues the facts to support your view NOT what I specifically asked. You even stated "last I heard" when using phone arena's like.

Clear Facts on BlackBerry's official software site:

The impact on customers is VERY specific ... TSS customers are paid support customers as in BES users not and end user, so their software update, may be on their official software update but you will NOT find it on their support page ... www.blackberry.com/btsc which incidentally has changed the official URL to Salesforce

Cheers.
    I didn't understand your point. What is your point, again? What do I need to respond to? Putting out a new release is not indication of support, so that is not the right metric. I linked specifically to the BlackBerry site about their official Support policy.

The first point from BB-JAM215 was that BlackBerry still supports BBOS7.
    You asked for proof.
    I posted a table showing that its officially end of life, but support is provided on a best effort basis. Meaning, if there was a need big enough for it, it's not necessarily out of the question.
    09-01-15 07:05 PM
    Hi, I'm interested in that Z10, what series is it?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 06:49 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in that Z10, what series is it?

Posted via CB10
    You have to pm me. It's like new 100-3 the 21LW variant if my memory serves me correctly. It will work on AT&T or T-Mobile, but if you have T-Mobile you want to get this one instead of the 91LW 100-3 due to missing LTE band.

09-02-15 07:46 PM
    Way to state the obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Way to post another useless response that adds nothing to the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike and clickitykeys like this.
    09-02-15 09:00 PM
    Way to post another useless response that adds nothing to the conversation.

Posted via CB10
    Well you did it first killer. ;-)

nice to see mikey backing you up.. no one listens to him lmao

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 09-02-15 at 10:58 PM.
    09-02-15 10:31 PM
    Why did I read this thread? I gotta learn to avoid these whiny threads... while I wait for true clarity from BlackBerry themselves. Conjecture is fine but these threads go beyond and are too personal imho and often far too negative.

 Passport SE 
    09-02-15 11:51 PM
    Well you did it first killer. ;-)

nice to see mikey backing you up.. no one listens to him lmao

Posted via CB10
    I didn't actually. I responded to a post suggesting that android will essentially be the death of BlackBerry's handset division. Considering its going no where with BB10, it was a justified comment to remind the poster that is the case and that conclusively stating that something that has yet to be sold won't sell is unfounded. Seeing as though you already knew that, might have been easier to keep sifting through the comments.

BTW I don't post comments for others validation, if they want to agree with my post they're free to.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 04:49 PM
    I didn't actually. I responded to a post suggesting that android will essentially be the death of BlackBerry's handset division. Considering its going no where with BB10, it was a justified comment to remind the poster that is the case and that conclusively stating that something that has yet to be sold won't sell is unfounded. Seeing as though you already knew that, might have been easier to keep sifting through the comments.

BTW I don't post comments for others validation, if they want to agree with my post they're free to.

Posted via CB10
    You're trying to justify it now, and that's cute. Calm down man.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 05:55 PM
    You're trying to justify it now, and that's cute. Calm down man.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! First like I've said to you in another thread I am calm. Second I'm not trying to justify it, just clearing it up for you if you weren't able to comprehend the first time around. It's okay, now you know.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:37 PM
    Lol! First like I've said to you in another thread I am calm. Second I'm not trying to justify it, just clearing it up for you if you weren't able to comprehend the first time around. It's okay, now you know.

Posted via CB10
    like i said, cute. what i said stands firm you said nothing constructive nor added to thread whatsoever, nothing else to comprehend but nice jab at trying to be condescending. lol get over it kid.
    09-04-15 09:35 AM
    like i said, cute. what i said stands firm you said nothing constructive nor added to thread whatsoever, nothing else to comprehend but nice jab at trying to be condescending. lol get over it kid.
    Lol whatever you say boss. Considering you've added nothing to this thread yourself, means nothing. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 10:09 AM
    Useless thread is useless.
    extisis likes this.
    09-04-15 10:13 AM
    Lol whatever you say boss. Considering you've added nothing to this thread yourself, means nothing. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Posted via CB10
    really pushed a button when i called you out huh. don't worry about what i add
    09-04-15 02:50 PM
    really pushed a button when i called you out huh. don't worry about what i add
    Replying more out of amusement actually. Likewise.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:01 PM
    I didn't understand your point. What is your point, again? What do I need to respond to? Putting out a new release is not indication of support, so that is not the right metric. I linked specifically to the BlackBerry site about their official Support policy.

The first point from BB-JAM215 was that BlackBerry still supports BBOS7.
    You asked for proof.
    I posted a table showing that its officially end of life, but support is provided on a best effort basis. Meaning, if there was a need big enough for it, it's not necessarily out of the question.

The point was you miscontrued facts. You omitted details of the table, you posted a segment not the full table as I did.

The point is you must be a corporate paying customer for any type of "support" for BBOS7 to be even looked at, not a customer. The point is only then will best effort be attempted. Releasing a new OS is indication of support their granting you a full year support not as 'best effort' (trust me days of IBM I know quite fully what that entails).

PS: You already replied so you know what you needed to reply to, n'est-pas? (being cheeky)
    09-04-15 04:56 PM
151 ... 4567