09-04-15 05:50 PM
151 123 ...
tools
    I'm about ready to flip the switch and make my Nexus 5 my primary phone, making my Z30 the "for fun backup phone on Wi-Fi all day."

I can almost jump ship right now. The only thing is, I have to decide if BlackBerry 10 isn't going to be supported eventually at all, do I want to keep utilizing their password keeper to store my credentials, or migrate it all over to some Android equivalent app (which may be more vulnerable).

It's a shame that it is ending this way it seems. When you are in denial you look for reasons to dismiss those like Bluenoser, but then you get to the point where you realize, there aren't any reasons to dismiss what he says. Because he isn't just saying, he's reporting. He gets crap for it but he isn't a troll that is bashing BlackBerry and spewing doom and gloom based on opinion. He's saying that hey let's wake up and realize qt5 ain't going forward with us, so guess what, we ain't going forward either.

CrackBerry has little to report on because there's less leaking. What started off as major grain of salt, more like speck of salt about Android is now all we hear about. Encouraging other platform development too now? Na, I'm done. Cutting my losses.

Speaking of which, who wants to buy my like new Z10 rotting in my closet? :P

I'm sick of holding on for a company that once again at least sub-screwed early adopters.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    dalinxz, JCyinzer and Batibreaker like this.
    08-18-15 08:54 PM
    See ya

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-18-15 08:57 PM
    BlackBerry continues to support BBOS7. Why do you think they wouldn't continue to support BBOS10?
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-18-15 08:59 PM
    See ya

Sarcasm?

I will still be hear at CB. This post was not intended to grab attention. I should have clarified that.

I just wanted to admit that I, myself, was in denial. Wake up and see the light. How often is there a CB news report on something coming that directly affects (positively) a BB10 OS current user? Like never these days.

08-18-15 09:00 PM
    BlackBerry continues to support BBOS7. Why do you think they wouldn't continue to support BBOS10?
    Continuing to support isn't good enough. I expect an appliance like my microwave to be supported.

For a smartphone, I as a customer demand ongoing development. I didn't invest in BlackBerry 10 a few years ago to have BB decide to encourage developers to go to iOS and Android while they cook something up in secret and all evidence points to BlackBerry 10 stagnation.

Continuing to support only for a platform as young and remarkable as BlackBerry 10 is pathetic. It's like your dream woman declaring you in the friend zone.

08-18-15 09:02 PM
    Sarcasm?

I will still be hear at CB. This post was not intended to grab attention. I should have clarified that.

I just wanted to admit that I, myself, was in denial. Wake up and see the light. How often is there a CB news report on something coming that directly affects (positively) a BB10 OS current user? Like never these days.

Chen is not giving any one anything in regards to info, so crackberry only reports on truths so if there is none because BlackBerry doesn't want it out there yet. \_(ツ)_/

08-18-15 09:12 PM
    Cannot say this isn't crossing my mind as well, I remember the days of the "were just getting started" talk and general spirit of building the OS out.

Now I have no idea what will happen, but cannot shake that feeling of extinction... Don't know why...

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-18-15 09:13 PM
    I'm still happy as a clam on my 9900. I am getting a Q5 to dip a toe into BB10 (because it's an inexpensive way to toe-dip), but the 9900 Bridged to my Playbook does everything I need it to do for my Business. Linkedin, Twitter, Text, Email, Phone Calls and my Company's Facebook Page are it. I carry a new Android for Apps, but the Berry is for running my Company.

Yet, I understand where you are coming from, OP. I jumped ship a few years ago. Tried iOS for about a year, and WindowsPhone for about a year. I came back to BlackBerry for some very specific reasons. I kept telling my colleagues, "Damn, I miss the battery life, the productivity curve, the keyboard and a few other things about my old Berry. I am not sure I actually was, but I FELT more productive on my BlackBerry" They kept saying, "Why don't you go back?" So I finally did.

You have to do what you think is best. If it's time for you to hop over to another platform, then go for it. Berry will always be there for you if you decide to come back. It's a free market. You can do whatever you think is best for your needs. My Android is a killer phone, but it just feels too awkward for me to work on during a busy day. There's TOO much going on with it. My Berry streamlines my work load and seems to work with me, rather than pushing me to every direction when a new notifications constantly pop up. Yet, on weekends, I put my Berry aside and just carry the Android. It's a great play phone. I just don't prefer working on it.

Good luck with your decision!
    08-18-15 09:23 PM
    Since you are planning to use an Android device (Nexus 5) as your main phone anyway, why not wait and see what the Blackberry Android might be like (assuming the rumors are true)? Who knows, it may still have enough BB10 touches that make it worthwhile.
    08-18-15 09:28 PM
    Continuing to support isn't good enough. I expect an appliance like my microwave to be supported.

For a smartphone, I as a customer demand ongoing development. I didn't invest in BlackBerry 10 a few years ago to have BB decide to encourage developers to go to iOS and Android while they cook something up in secret and all evidence points to BlackBerry 10 stagnation.

Continuing to support only for a platform as young and remarkable as BlackBerry 10 is pathetic. It's like your dream woman declaring you in the friend zone.

In case you haven't noticed, cell phones, like computers, are becoming basic household appliances. I'm still running IOS 7, Windows 7, OS X Mavericks, and BB10. They all do the job just fine as they are.

Sure it would be nice BlackBerry continued to develop and improve BB10, but I agree that is looking somewhat doubtful at this point. Would you prefer that BlackBerry go out of business by continuing to loose money on BB10?
    08-18-15 09:31 PM
    I'm about ready to flip the switch and make my Nexus 5 my primary phone, making my Z30 the "for fun backup phone on Wi-Fi all day."

I can almost jump ship right now. The only thing is, I have to decide if BlackBerry 10 isn't going to be supported eventually at all, do I want to keep utilizing their password keeper to store my credentials, or migrate it all over to some Android equivalent app (which may be more vulnerable).

It's a shame that it is ending this way it seems. When you are in denial you look for reasons to dismiss those like Bluenoser, but then you get to the point where you realize, there aren't any reasons to dismiss what he says. Because he isn't just saying, he's reporting. He gets crap for it but he isn't a troll that is bashing BlackBerry and spewing doom and gloom based on opinion. He's saying that hey let's wake up and realize qt5 ain't going forward with us, so guess what, we ain't going forward either.

CrackBerry has little to report on because there's less leaking. What started off as major grain of salt, more like speck of salt about Android is now all we hear about. Encouraging other platform development too now? Na, I'm done. Cutting my losses.

Speaking of which, who wants to buy my like new Z10 rotting in my closet? :P

I'm sick of holding on for a company that once again at least sub-screwed early adopters.

If it's all about alternatives. I'd rather be sporting a BlackBerry-branded, HUB-enabled Android device rather than a vanilla Nexus. So I wouldn't toss in the towel yet. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my Passport.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 08-18-15 at 10:20 PM.
    08-18-15 09:34 PM
    I haven't seen a BlackBerry 7 update in two years.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    idhbar likes this.
    08-18-15 10:08 PM
    Sarcasm?

Oh good, another Android fan on Crackberry. If you don't like Blackberry move to a Android form. Bye
    jhanks64, bungaboy and David Tyler like this.
    08-18-15 10:09 PM
    I haven't seen a BlackBerry 7 update in two
    That's the difference between development and support. There are still lots of BB7 devices connected to BlackBerry BIS servers which are supported by BlackBerry.
    acovey and rayporsche like this.
    08-18-15 10:24 PM
    Can we have 1 thread for these topics.

Ur leaving BlackBerry - Have a nice day!

Also the amount of time spent planning a dramatic title.

All I say is leave already.
    Last edited by kenzo_44; 08-19-15 at 01:35 AM.
    08-18-15 10:29 PM
    Ready to jump ship for an Android, eh? Good luck swimming with the sharks...
    08-18-15 10:32 PM
    Oh good, another Android fan on Crackberry. If you don't like Blackberry move to a Android form. Bye
    Android fan don't like if BlackBerry will support Google Play Service.
    08-18-15 10:34 PM
    How am I ever going to face this rejection when I leave Blackberry, how oh how
    Velocitymj likes this.
    08-18-15 10:38 PM
    JUMP!!
    08-18-15 11:09 PM
    or wait for windows 10 software and new hardware to come out before
    08-18-15 11:46 PM
    First of all, I am an avid BlackBerry fan, of which I currently have a Z10 using with Wi-Fi through my Home! I also have a Samsung Note 4 for my main Phone throughout the day while I work out in the field! I haven't jumped ship yet, I still look through the CB Forums when I wake up, and when I get ready to go to sleep! I've loaded Google Patched Apps, and Files on it thanks to the Cobalt threads, and stickies in the Forum of which most Google Play services type Apps work on BB10! I still can't wait to see what BlackBerry has up it's sleeve next! I'm sure that there are quite a few other BlackBerry users with other Phones as well. Lets face it there's really no loyalty when it comes to using products these days, company's will sell out their customers info to make a buck! And you shouldn't be crucified from the forum for giving your honest valued opinion! This forum should be more helpful to people that use it, and less critical! I've never seen such crass remarks lately from this forum!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:48 PM
    This would be like deliberating whether or not to jump ship, being criticized for it, then finally jumping ship, only a little while later finding everyone else you were talking to eventually made the same jump because they were forced to. Awkward!
    08-19-15 01:12 AM
    If BlackBerry is going full Android, then technically he doesn't need to move.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-19-15 01:59 AM
    [MEME] World's smallest violin [/MEME]
    Irish Blues likes this.
    08-19-15 02:26 AM
    If it's all about alternatives. I'd rather be sporting a BlackBerry-branded, HUB-enabled Android device rather than a vanilla Nexus. So I wouldn't toss in the towel yet. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my Passport.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Same here. Instead of BlackBerry trying to hopelessly build out BlackBerry 10 without any broad support, I am interested in seeing what they can do with Android and their hardware designs. The slider looks simply awesome to me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-15 02:37 AM
151 123 ...