It never ceases to amaze me to see how some people will (over-)react to rumours, claim injury and fuss about the way things change.

There is nothing substantive to be seen on any deprecation of BB10. If anything, based on Chen's statements relating to Android interoperability, it may well be that BlackBerry has figured out how to make Android code run natively in BB10, and that the distinction between the chaotic landscape that is Android, and a secure, closed system that is BlackBerry OS, will be the difference that ultimately results in the restoration of BlackBerry's star in the Mobile Wars.

I may be wrong, but I see no reason to react to something which hasn't, at this writing, changed one iota.
    Talk to Bluenoser. I won't repeat his facts and the way he runs it down but seriously, anytime anyone tries to dispel the rumors, he always wins the argument and gets the other person to "lock" and run out of talking points because fact is they can never answer when he says "show me the qt5 development and evidence BlackBerry is working with devs for the next beta."

--STV falling from grace with his Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-20-15 02:36 PM
    There is no way to scare the things out. BlackBerry continuing to support and develop the BB10 OS, and there is no signs they will leave it in a near future.
    This kind of panic reminds me the Apple-to-Intel switch back days.
    Do you enjoy your BlackBerry? If not - farewell. If yes - let's spread the word how good is it. That's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:38 PM
    Talk to Bluenoser. I won't repeat his facts and the way he runs it down but seriously, anytime anyone tries to dispel the rumors, he always wins the argument and gets the other person to "lock" and run out of talking points because fact is they can never answer when he says "show me the qt5 development and evidence BlackBerry is working with devs for the next beta."

Facts? The fact is that BlackBerry hasn't EOL'd anything, yet he keeps repeating it over and over and over just because he doesn't have access to future roadmap and feels new BB10 development is dead without QT5. It's still opinion, based on conjecture of what is said and not said. It hasn't been disputed that Elite dev's haven't gotten further details. It's simply that Bluenoser is not an elite dev and not privy to the info he keeps rambling on about that supposedly doesn't exist.

Again, not facts, just his opinion of the status due to lack of shared public info. The only ones that would know are the ones on the inside. He may be right, but don't confuse his ideas/hypothesis/guesses with facts. BlackBerry is holding their cards close, which means there may not even be final decisions at this time.
    08-20-15 02:47 PM
    See ya as in, see you around. So, see ya.

PS: ALL "BlackBerry is dead", "I'm gone", "Laters!", "Jumping ship" etc. posts are just intended to grab attention. The only person to whom your personal device choise and the direction you go matter is you.

PPS: Not sarcasm, not burn, cold fact. No harm intended.
    Perhaps the thread should be re-titled to......

I'm ready to hang myself by my Z10 earbud cable because I can't guess what direction BBRY is heading in and I don't want to get screwed.

Just a thought
    diegonei, Batibreaker and gvs1341 like this.
    08-20-15 02:49 PM
    Fine, he may not know for certain, but I started believing him when I woke up from denial and realized there's like no more leaks or dev support discussions. I can see no viable or at all half logical reason that would happen to a platform still being developed for.

So draw your own conclusions...

If anything, even if totally wrong, BlackBerry should have learned their darn lesson by now that silence and uncertainty hurts them even more. I don't want to see another report on a Chen interview unless new answers are provided.

08-20-15 03:15 PM
    What about a cruise?
    Could be more relaxing..

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:20 PM
    I hope the water isn't cold.......

Posted via CB10
    andre3030 likes this.
    08-20-15 05:11 PM
    Why would you think that BlackBerry cares about what people say on an internet forum, especially when the same thing has been said on the same forum thousands of times?
    And therein lies BlackBerry's problem, and why they will ultimately fail. They don't listen to their consumers or anyone for that matter, and continue to make blunder after blunder. I agree with OP, better cut losses, company seems not to care, why should I!

Posted via CB10
    STV0726 and Batibreaker like this.
    08-20-15 07:58 PM
    Facts? The fact is that BlackBerry hasn't EOL'd anything, yet he keeps repeating it over and over and over just because he doesn't have access to future roadmap and feels new BB10 development is dead without QT5. It's still opinion, based on conjecture of what is said and not said. It hasn't been disputed that Elite dev's haven't gotten further details. It's simply that Bluenoser is not an elite dev and not privy to the info he keeps rambling on about that supposedly doesn't exist.

Again, not facts, just his opinion of the status due to lack of shared public info. The only ones that would know are the ones on the inside. He may be right, but don't confuse his ideas/hypothesis/guesses with facts. BlackBerry is holding their cards close, which means there may not even be final decisions at this time.
    Because BlackBerry has done that to numerous products, sold consumers products and then hung them out to dry with support, while a lack of transparency remains and holds their end users hostage so that they can keep selling their products at the expense of their consumers. Think Playbook as a prime example.

Posted via CB10
    STV0726 likes this.
    08-20-15 08:02 PM
    ...This post was not intended to grab attention...
    Yea, sure...
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-20-15 08:19 PM
    when I woke up from denial and realized there's like no more leaks or dev support discussions. I can see no viable or at all half logical reason that would happen to a platform still being developed for.
    And when that "happened" my phone mysteriously stopped working, NOT. Also since Mazda is no longer making the 2008 Mazda 3 I'm guessing I now have to throw away my car, NOT.
    08-20-15 08:35 PM
    And when that "happened" my phone mysteriously stopped working, NOT. Also since Mazda is no longer making the 2008 Mazda 3 I'm guessing I now have to throw away my car, NOT.
    He's not saying others can't enjoy it, just that staying invested either in the company, it's phones or in other ways is not beneficial to him. Why should he remain stagnant and held back with respect to newer technologies. Further, why should he support companies who provide him with service and listen to their consumers, vs. a company who remain silent perpetuating their death. I would agree, BlackBerry has taken many misteps, but Chen has changed the company to something it wasn't. It's time where this company needs to be passed off to someone who will do something positive for all stakeholders invested in the company, not just what they think is right for the company (as was demonstrated by prior management). Chen is all about what he believes is best for BlackBerry, he's an I man, not a We Man, and that is probably the major reason why OP is ending his relationship with the company.

I share the same sentiment as OP, and instead of being able to voice my opinion get berated by other members of CB for my opinion, which makes me want to leave even more and makes me despise the name even more. If I voice my concerns, I get blocked for trolling instead of the literally fewer than 10 posters who are probably the most active posters on these forums, 'the blackberry can do no wrong crowd', who mock, taunt etc. The users who are more realistic in their views of the company and their products.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 08:43 PM
    I feel the pain of the OP. After being a avid BB user since 2007, 2 weeks ago I jumped over to a Nexus 6. BB10 just wasn't meeting my needs anymore from a business travel perspective. Even my Android apps for hotels were moving over to require Google services and patching was not resolving the issue.

While learning how to use Android for the first time has been interesting, it has not been a bad experience. The app differences between platforms is crazy. Even the Android crackberry app is better.

But God, I miss the hub and bedside mode! I am hopeful that BB will turn around in the next year or so I can come back

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-15 08:54 PM
    Yea, sure...
    Heh, I've already explained my motive and rationale like three times now. Besides, you think I really want attention from a sarcastic (and hypocritical) pillock like you with nothing better to do than hijack threads and think you're actually making more of a contribution to the forums by what you do?

Last edited by STV0726; 08-20-15 at 10:04 PM.
    08-20-15 09:47 PM
    Because BlackBerry has done that to numerous products, sold consumers products and then hung them out to dry with support, while a lack of transparency remains and holds their end users hostage so that they can keep selling their products at the expense of their consumers. Think Playbook as a prime example.

Posted via CB10
    Preach it, brother, amen. (lol)

But seriously, some people just don't seem to get why some of us, myself included, are considering leaving.

So let me make another example that should help educate...

A lonely man finally finds a perfect woman, so he thinks. Shortly after making it official she reveals to him that the relationship is just to get her traditional parents off her back and that she is really into women.

Do you stay together just so you're not alone and you feel "supported" with a relationship? (BlackBerry 10)

Or, do you cut your losses and move on, find another woman who you are interested in and is interested in you in return to allow for active progression of the relationship? (Android, iOS)

The only catch you might really be into Lady BlackBerry. I know I am. I don't find Lady Android quite as attractive. But there's nothing worse than the friend zone...

EDIT: Ha, I realize retrospectively that using this example opens me up for trolls to point out that I seem too familiar with this, but come on, we've all been friend zoned at some point.

Last edited by STV0726; 08-20-15 at 10:07 PM.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-20-15 09:55 PM
    If I have to break up with someone, I just break up with someone. I won't talk around about it. As far as I know, BlackBerry will continue developing BlackBerry 10 for enterprise purpose. The worry that BlackBerry is stopping the development on BlackBerry 10 is less than necessary. Who told me that? A guy working for BlackBerry. Do I trust him? Yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is the only example I'm aware of. You're also forgetting that they TRIED putting BB10 on Playbook, they just didn't have the RAM to do it. They supported it for a couple of years (bridge and print to go features). Again, they just didn't have the apps, and couldn't get interest to support it. So that is not a great example.

There are websites dedicated to the Google projects that Google dropped, despite the good they did the desire by the small followings to keep the services going. It happens.
    08-21-15 01:36 AM
    Preach it, brother, amen. (lol)

But seriously, some people just don't seem to get why some of us, myself included, are considering leaving.

So let me make another example that should help educate...

A lonely man finally finds a perfect woman, so he thinks. Shortly after making it official she reveals to him that the relationship is just to get her traditional parents off her back and that she is really into women.

Do you stay together just so you're not alone and you feel "supported" with a relationship? (BlackBerry 10)

Or, do you cut your losses and move on, find another woman who you are interested in and is interested in you in return to allow for active progression of the relationship? (Android, iOS)

The only catch you might really be into Lady BlackBerry. I know I am. I don't find Lady Android quite as attractive. But there's nothing worse than the friend zone...

EDIT: Ha, I realize retrospectively that using this example opens me up for trolls to point out that I seem too familiar with this, but come on, we've all been friend zoned at some point.

Leave now, or leave when you need to. This pre-announcement is the issue. It has a certain stink of whine. If the phone works for you now, continue using it! When the phone breaks, THEN make the decision and stop this hemming and hawing.

Your example is terrible and doesn't apply. It's more like being married for 10 years and falling out of love. You both put on a little weight and don't find each other as attractive anymore. You either decide to get a divorce or stay together and be happy, or not.

Or you're dating your high school girlfriend. You both go to different colleges and get different interests. One is focused on business, the other on entertainment. You break up, or you stick it out because you love each other.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    08-21-15 01:43 AM
    Why posting complicated long story of jumping ship. Straight forwards you don't liked BlackBerry device, willing android or window phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:36 AM

I got a word that is true Dev elites got 10.3.3, what I don't understand is why BlackBerry keep it secret?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 02:50 AM
    I'm about ready to flip the switch and make my Nexus 5 my primary phone, making my Z30 the "for fun backup phone on Wi-Fi all day."

I can almost jump ship right now...

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    ...and let the premature perceptions begin... sigh..
    08-21-15 08:22 AM
    Why posting complicated long story of jumping ship. Straight forwards you don't liked BlackBerry device, willing android or window phones.

Posted via CB10
    As OP stated, this is for BlackBerry to hear once they pull their heads out of their ***, why do you spend time replying. He's upset at the way a company he has supported has handled him as a customer, I'd agree. BlackBerry sucks, I can fully understand why other people don't invest their time into such a company. It appears as though BlackBerry themselves wants to be disregarded. They don't care, why should we!

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-21-15 09:52 AM
    Because they should. Give me one reason they shouldn't? We are pretty much the last of their consumer base.

If they don't care about is, they deserve whatever fate they get.

I'm afraid you give yourself too much importance, and are unaware of the way companies operate, especially those under intense pressure to deliver despite lack of money and people.

Companies in trouble don't have the luxury of employing forum monkeys to pore over what fickle users are saying on the Internet. The return on that investment is far too low.

Q10/10.3.2
    Smokeaire and BCITMike like this.
    08-21-15 11:15 AM
    I'm afraid you give yourself too much importance, and are unaware of the way companies operate, especially those under intense pressure to deliver despite lack of money and people.

Companies in trouble don't have the luxury of employing forum monkeys to pore over what fickle users are saying on the Internet. The return on that investment is far too low.

Q10/10.3.2
    I wasn't speaking solely about myself. I was talking about all who voice their opinions on this forum.

But, fair enough. You are probably right. I don't dispute that. All I said was, we are their last core consumer base.

Batibreaker likes this.
    08-21-15 02:36 PM
    The worry that BlackBerry is stopping the development on BlackBerry 10 is less than necessary. Who told me that? A guy working for BlackBerry. Do I trust him? Yes.

Posted via CB10
    Would this guy be able to debunk the rumors by answering Bluenoser's key questions that show the death of BlackBerry 10? If not, I suspect he is just lying to not cause further loss of income.

So many poor souls are not seeing the light, as I once didn't. Look at CrackBerry. When is the last time they reported on BlackBerry 10 OS? No news is very much so bad news.

BlackBerry's priorities and sole focus now seem to be:

Enterprise
    Securing Android
    MDM for Android and iOS
    Certifications for enterprise
    QNX
    That little thing called BlackBerry Hen? Was it Ten? Oh BlackBerry 10 right.

idhbar and Batibreaker like this.
    08-21-15 02:38 PM
151 12345 ...