Which would you choose?

For me the answer would be BB10.

I could run my business from my BB10 phone very nicely with only Native Apps, including the browser for services without a compatible mobile app. But I would not want to try getting through a day without the hub and calendar.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:12 PM
    No one is being forced to chose....

Don't really think there will be a choice. Stick with the old for a couple of years, or embrace the future now.... not really much of a choice.
    09-21-15 01:29 PM
    We will see what kind of surprises Chen has for us.
    Choises will be made after everything is cleared out by BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) and Joshu42 like this.
    09-21-15 01:34 PM
    Which would you choose?

For me the answer would be BB10.

I could run my business from my BB10 phone very nicely with only Native Apps, including the browser for services without a compatible mobile app. But I would not want to try getting through a day without the hub and calendar.

Posted via CB10
    Good thing you happy with it as is. It's all it's ever going to be.
    09-21-15 01:36 PM
    BB10. I just need the KB, email, contacts and the cellular antenna.
    09-21-15 01:37 PM
    Need Vivint app for arming/disarming my home alarm... its non negotiable. Chen sucks.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:39 PM
    No one is being forced to chose....

Don't really think there will be a choice. Stick with the old for a couple of years, or embrace the future now.... not really much of a choice.
    I agree with you. I wasn't trying to be alarmist, and it was a hypothetical question. I was curious how many others like me value having a great communication tool with efficient workflow and clean browser over a mobile app platform that depends on lots of discrete apps for core functionality.

I've spent a lot of time with both iOS and Android and have found them just too clunky for me as a daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:23 PM
    If it came to that point I'd be BB10, Android apps seem to be unreliable and less secure than BB apps. Hopefully Chen will be clearer in his vision for the future so that developers will find creating BB10 apps more lucrative!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:18 PM
    I don't want to say never until we really see what the whole story is with the Slider. However, unless they really nail it with bringing the BB10 experience over, I'm going to stay right where I am.

I already carry two devices around and if I really need apps on one of them that I can't get on BB10, one of them could easily be on another platform. (Why do you need the same apps on your mobile phone as you have on your tablet, for example).

Right now, however, I am perfectly happy with BB10. As an old Torch user (and it was my favorite BlackBerry to date), I am quite disappointed that it isn't looking very likely at the moment that we will have a BB10 version of the device. If this is the case, I really might wait to see what else is down the road. I can continue to use my Passport / Classic combo for years to come.
    09-21-15 07:32 PM