Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have been checking out some sites like soundcloud, 8tracks and pinterest amongst others. The bb10 browser handles these three sites rather well. Now if only one could hide the navigation bar because sites like the aforementioned, specifically their mobile versions would then look like real apps. The extra height would be welcome too. The mobile version of 8tracks.com plays so well in the browser it destroys the Android port in blackberry world. Why bother with an app when html5 works wonderfully. OK perhaps for those who need apps integrated into bb10 notifications or for those who need apps to have access to things like the camera then html5 isn't up to it but otherwise for those who just need the basics, the bb10 browser with a hideable navigation bar would do the job just fine.
    08-05-13 05:45 PM
    I am not sure it works the same in 10.1, but the 10.2 browser hides the bar immediatly as you start scrolling down a page. If the page can fit the screen, there is no way to avoid the bar though.
    08-05-13 05:52 PM
    I am not sure it works the same in 10.1, but the 10.2 browser hides the bar immediatly as you start scrolling down a page. If the page can fit the screen, there is no way to avoid the bar though.
    I have 10.2 on a z10. There are some some "fits on one page' elements in a site like m.8tracks.com like when a song is playing. But the navigation bar is there to remind everyone that they are on a website. If only one could suspend reality by hiding that bar at the bottom to have a cleaner presentation and a more app-like experience when on a site like 8tracks, soundcloud or pinterest.
    Last edited by BerryPirate; 08-05-13 at 06:21 PM.
    08-05-13 06:04 PM
    I have 10.2 on a z10. There are some some "fits on one page' elements in a site like m.8tracks.com like when a song is playing. But the navigation bar is there to remind everyone that they are on a website. If only one could suspend reality by hiding that bar at the bottom to have a cleaner presentation and a more app-like experience when on a site like 8tracks, soundcloud or pinterest.
    Go landscape, the nav bar auto hides.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 06:23 PM
    Or just pick up the evolution browser, it hides the nav bar when you scroll as well, plus has some other cool features.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:04 PM