If I had one cent for everytime I read that BB10 is dead, I would be rich.

It's been over a year or almost 2 years that people rant about the death of our beloved os. I left the Q10 a year ago when I heard the rumors of facebook stop supporting BlackBerry. Had a terrible year going between phones and other os and nothing worked like it should. Came back a month ago with a brand new Q10 and everything still works as always.

So, for this dead os we currently have the following:

- Facebook with hub integration and contact/event sync still works (with the stock os app, not the update)
    - Twitter, linkedin, evernote and other stock apps still work as always.
    - Android apps run as expected (yes you have to be selective with the version of the app you install).
    - Every Internet service works without issues.

It's the same thing with os7 that it continues to run with BIS servers and it's dead a long ago.

If I had one cent for everytime I read bb10 is dead...

See you next year when people will still be ranting about and bb10 still working.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 03:09 AM
    Despite all the opinions saying BB10 is dead... somehow it's still very alive on my Passport and although the OS has reached its peak ( maintenance, and fixes to come)
    I couldn't be happier and haven't even considered looking at another device.
    And as I stated in another thread,
    Sure.... it doesn't have some of the new " totally cool dude" games and other playthings that seem to be a major factor when making your life changing decision as to what "conveniently" handheld mobile device you choose... but then, at this very early stage of the Digital era,.. What we're talking about is really just a very advanced TOY! (kinda like something from The Sharper Image)

And while this latest generation is under the illusion the these devices should "JUST WORK" ... You're not going to find the perfect device because it doesn't exist, yet!
    And when mobile devices DO become perfect, they will all be taken off the market the following day and be replaced with some kind of digital chip implant and then, of course, by then, the machines will have already started to rebel and things probably won't end well, so
    rather than get a device and be frustrated because of what you can't do with it, get a device and be happy with what you can do with it and just enjoy it while you can.

I use my Passport as RIM/Blackberry has always intended (up to now) which was to target a somewhat more business minded demographic.
    A long time ago in a world that no longer seems to exist.. I would have said an older, more mature demographic but in today's world where the children are acting more like teenagers and teanagers are acting more like adults and our so called leaders are acting more like children, it's become somewhat more confusing to know what we used to just take for granted.
    Until now, BlackBerry never advertized like the other guys which is all about your social network and sharing music, video's and photos while letting the world know :
    WHAT you're doing,
    WHERE you're going
    HOW you're getting there
    WHEN to get there and
    WHY you went there in the first place.

This is something I've had to repeat over and over for years... but with each new generation it get's more impossible.
    It's come to the point that even when i help someone with an issue and explain it clearly and simply they'd rather argue back instead of doing it right.
    What I don't get is what would convince someone to Pre-order a new device before it's even been tested by the public other than being one of the first to be able to complain about all the things that are wrong with it..

By The way, you're not gonna get rich on this one. I'm in line ahead of you!!
    YesAndNo and miki5 like this.
    10-20-16 06:18 AM
    For my personal definition of "dead" yes, BB10 is indeed dead. It works, but it has no future. 3rd party software support is drying up. Twitter, linkedin, evernote, etc. work now, but just as whatsapp, webex, and many others before them, the time will come when they drop support also. Deny all you want, but app support is what determines a phone's value. The numbers are there to prove it.

The list of what my phone can't do, compared to other contemporary phones, is many times longer than the inverse. And it is going to grow as time passes. In my mind, that's a good indication of dead.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-20-16 10:19 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both BB and BB10.

I run a Classic and generally speaking like it.

However, for work purposes it's getting awkward. We use Google Mail / Apps for work, with dual-factor authentication. This doesn't work for Hangouts, which I use extensively. Fortunately, the email works fine, but I can't get Hangouts or Drive to work, despite the fine work of Cobalt, et al.

So, for me I will very seriously look at a PRIV or Mercury when my contract is up.
    10-20-16 10:50 AM
    Everyone has their own definition of dead. By some definitions, AmigaOS is still alive because someone has it running on some machine in some basement somewhere.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    10-20-16 12:48 PM
    Everyone has their own definition of dead. By some definitions, AmigaOS is still alive because someone has it running on some machine in some basement somewhere.
    Ah, happy memories. I still have an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 3000 up in my loft (somewhere!).

As you say, "tech death" is very much a personal judgement and, for some, as long as their phone still powers up... it ain't dead. You won't be surprised to learn that I'm not one of those people... my HP iPAQ still powers up (yeah, it surprised me too!), but I accept that WinCE is D..E..A..D!

Whether they realise it or not, the "it ain't dead" folks are in for a nasty shock one day because while BB10 is frozen in time, "the world" of tech hasn't stopped evolving... and one day, their BB10 phone won't connect to anything as API's change, the ART becomes obsolete, browser standards evolve, and even phone frequency bands change. I guess they can retain the joy of pushing the power button and seeing the screen light up ... and then turning it off again, as I did with my iPAQ.

Progress huh?
    10-20-16 01:53 PM
    ATTENTION::ONLY IF YOU CAN READ AND HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
    For those of you that are convinced that BB10 is DEAD,
    Read the news article from two weeks ago by Bla1se entitled"

(Not Dead Yet)
    BLACKBERRY 10 MAY LIVE ON IN BB BRANDED HANDSETS
    Humor us. Let's "pretend" that the members don't know more than the company does about their future plans.

JUST KEEP IN MIND THE KEY WORD "MAY."
    Also, don't feel obligated to open another useless thread to debate this article. You can't debate what may or may not come to be.

And all opinions have been noted and filed under : Personal Opinions, More Personal Opinions,
    And Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation of Personal Opinions
    And More Opinions Containing Unfounded Speculation of More Personal Opinions.

( all opinions are those of the opinionated. Any similarity to current affairs are unfounded speculation and purely coincidental.)
    or did they do it on purpose?

(No parties.. responsible or otherwise, shall be held responsible or otherwise for anything posted.......here....
    in this post!)

Personal Disclaimer: I have a note from my doctor
    10-21-16 08:55 AM
    It's always going to be subjective to peoples usage. Different people use their phones for different things. Some people can't use a BB10 device because of its limitations.

Others it works for perfectly. I don't think this is an argument anyone can win as it comes down to personal use.
    10-21-16 11:18 AM
    It's always going to be subjective to peoples usage. Different people use their phones for different things. Some people can't use a BB10 device because of its limitations.

Others it works for perfectly. I don't think this is an argument anyone can win as it comes down to personal use.
    +100000000

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-21-16 12:08 PM

Except for using a few more word
    and except for not telling it quite as straight forward
    and except for adding a bit of my twisted sense of humor (which is where the extrawords must have come from
    That's exactly what I've been saying.. right??
    10-21-16 02:35 PM
    ATTENTION::ONLY IF YOU CAN READ AND HAVE A CLEAR UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

(Not Dead Yet)
    Humor us. Let's "pretend" that the members don't know more than the company does about their future plans.

Also, don't feel obligated to open another useless thread to debate this article. You can't debate what may or may not come to be.

And all opinions have been noted and filed under : Personal Opinions, More Personal Opinions,

( all opinions are those of the opinionated. Any similarity to current affairs are unfounded speculation and purely coincidental.)

(No parties.. responsible or otherwise, shall be held responsible or otherwise for anything posted.......here....
    in this post!)

(Not Dead Yet)

in this post!)

10-21-16 02:37 PM
    We're gonna need to see that note in order to allow you to continue posting.
    10-21-16 03:33 PM
    Uh-oh.

*ME173X
    10-21-16 04:52 PM

Tell ya what!
    You continue to play Editor-in-Chief and let ME tell the jokes!!

(with all due respect, of course!!)
    10-23-16 05:23 PM
    If I had one cent for everytime I read that BB10 is dead, I would be rich.

It's been over a year or almost 2 years that people rant about the death of our beloved os. I left the Q10 a year ago when I heard the rumors of facebook stop supporting BlackBerry. Had a terrible year going between phones and other os and nothing worked like it should. Came back a month ago with a brand new Q10 and everything still works as always.

So, for this dead os we currently have the following:

- Facebook with hub integration and contact/event sync still works (with the stock os app, not the update)
    - Twitter, linkedin, evernote and other stock apps still work as always.
    - Android apps run as expected (yes you have to be selective with the version of the app you install).
    - Every Internet service works without issues.

It's the same thing with os7 that it continues to run with BIS servers and it's dead a long ago.

If I had one cent for everytime I read bb10 is dead...

See you next year when people will still be ranting about and bb10 still working.

Posted via CB10
    I think you'll find that plenty of folks will disagree with you about the LinkedIn app working. Even LinkedIn admit their BB10 app has serious issues.
    11-06-16 05:05 AM
    For my personal definition of "dead" yes, BB10 is indeed dead. It works, but it has no future...
    I wonder how many of us are actually dead then, by this definition. :P
    11-06-16 05:14 AM
    Even stats cannot confirm the exact number of bb10 users because the browser identifies itself as Safari or a Mac computer when in desktop mode.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 06:17 PM

(Not Dead Yet)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif

in this post!)

(Not Dead Yet)

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif

in this post!)

One of the best comments ever! )))))

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 12:14 AM
    One of the best comments ever! )))))

Posted via CB10
    Thanks...but it IS true! I DO have a note from my doctor. (WHAT??? Ya Don't Believe Me???)
    11-08-16 08:53 PM
    The Fat Lady is Now singing (and laughing) .
    11-09-16 05:48 AM
    I'd buy a startac again if it worked...
    11-09-16 08:39 AM
    The Fat Lady is Now singing (and laughing) .
    That's the Fat Lady's evil twin sister.
    I KNOW that if you ever ran WINDOWS XP or 7 or 8 orrr 8.1 on your home computer,
    you ran it for many years in a tower that was even older.

Yet when the final build was installed, I know the thought of complaining about it never entered your mind.

Reports are suggesting that the enormous increase in microwaves emitted by such a large concentration of waves in a group may have already fried your brains but is not noticable to you because you fried your brain in the same group at the same time as the others.

I can tell the difference because I fried MY brain in the early 60's.... the natural way!!
    11-10-16 03:43 AM
    Lostboy5151, like me, are you still wearing a hospital bracelet? I've had mine on since 1978, but it still won't make Google go away. Help me Obi-Wan.........help me.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-03-17 05:32 AM