How many times per year does an OS need to updated? If it were not for the leaks BB10 had what, three official updates in two years? That is pretty fast considering that both iOS and Android average about once a year (although with Android it gets a little strange). BB10 was not ready for release back in Jan. 2013, but released it was. Where BB10 is at now is stable and functional enough to the point where they can hold off on the 10.3.3 update until the end of 2015 or in 2016 when the new BB10 device is released.
    I think you miss the point that 10.3.3 is going to be the LAST update. Google and Apple are CURRENTLY working on the next version and planning for the one after that, BlackBerry is not. They have abandoned using newer and better technology (Qt5). It is well documented by BlackBerry 10 developers that there is no moving forward with BlackBerry 10. What you see (Qt4.8 which is EOL and not being updated anymore) is what you get.
    09-23-15 04:49 AM
    So if it came to bb10 going away I would just invest in Z30s or classics and call it good, but I highly doubt John Chen will discontinue bb10, he has a love for BlackBerry and is doing what he can to save it. What I can't stand about people on this forum is they read into something he says and get something totally blown out of proportion, either you have no idea how business works or realize that blackberry isn't going away from smart phones they are having their hands in multiple areas for sales and revenue. That's GREAT!! I hope they don't sit here stuck on path of making money only at smart phones. They can do that too and other things as well.

I think you people can all use a little PATIENCE, it took Sybase several years to turn around. Chen has been at it what now 18 months? Give the guy a break, he's done an excellent job so far, I dare you to be in his shoes, he didn't have to take this job, if anyone of you were in his shoes I'm sure this company would have been sold off and broken up into 100 pieces, so everybody go to a yoga class and blow off some steam, be patient and be grateful for what you have

Posted via CB10
    To keep BlackBerry going, investment in time and money needs to done to update the tools and systems for native BB10 development. BlackBerry has stopped that all together. You cannot stop development of your native OS and expect it so survive the long haul as new technologies appear.
    09-23-15 04:53 AM
    Will keep using my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 05:21 AM
    Will convert to Isheep after key Zed10 is gone

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:07 PM
    We have secretly replaced the BB10 OS in these fine cell phones with Android OS. Lets see if any one notices...
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-23-15 03:19 PM
    I would stay with BB10 for sure. It is sad so few people know what a great OS it is.
    But my true love for BB is the keyboard. I have had BB devices since 2005. Currently I use a z10 and also a torch every day and while the z10 is dead sexy the Torch is my work horse, I can type faster on that than any computer keyboard! I am about to upgrade to a Classic. Unless this new slider comes out and is NOT Android (which seems very unlikely). I did try Windows phone for a while, it has a lot to love but BB is still the best in my opinion.
    09-23-15 03:32 PM
    After sorrying for a while I will switch to Iphone, when my Blackberry OS 10 phone stops receiving new updates.

I will transfer my password keeper info to enpass or alike software in apple ecosystem.

I will sure miss the keyboard. But I have to move on.

As said by Steve Jobs when BB tried to compete with Iphone, BB entered in an unfamiliar territory. Now Jobs's words were prophetic.
    09-23-15 05:14 PM
    I will probably keep using my Z30 until it dies but my daily driver will become one of the Windows 10 phones, presumably the Lumia 950. I have no desire to run Android and give Google any control over my life and data.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    I'm leaning along the same lines.
    BB10 until my device dies.
    If there isn't another BB10 device, I wouldn't go with having Google or Apple devices.

I'm sure my Q10 has a lot of life still left in it. Swap out 2 batteries and planning to get another fresh one to take the older one out of rotation.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-23-15 05:40 PM
    I think you miss the point that 10.3.3 is going to be the LAST update. Google and Apple are CURRENTLY working on the next version and planning for the one after that, BlackBerry is not. They have abandoned using newer and better technology (Qt5). It is well documented by BlackBerry 10 developers that there is no moving forward with BlackBerry 10. What you see (Qt4.8 which is EOL and not being updated anymore) is what you get.
    Why does Qt need to be upgraded? Is there something fundamentally wrong with the version employed in Cascades?

When did "end-of-life" become synonymous with "broken"?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 08:43 PM
    Why does Qt need to be upgraded? Is there something fundamentally wrong with the version employed in Cascades?

Posted via CB10
    Qt5 brings new feature for developers to provide application features. There are things in Qt4.8 that are broken like SVG graphics. There are also bugs that require work around that have been fixed in Qt5. Vista is EOL. Are you saying that Vista is a good OS?

Here are some of the new features that could come to the BB10 platform if it was moved to Qt5.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt5-intro.html
    09-23-15 10:00 PM

Software isn't something that's ever "done". Software is a lot like maps - they both must be constantly changing to reflect changes and developments in the real world. Standards change, services change, and when that happens, old software "breaks" if it isn't kept up to date with those changes.

Look at WebOS - yes, there are a handful of die-hards still using it, but most of them have moved on, because over time, so many things stopped working (because of changes in the real world that made the phone OS incompatible) that it was no longer tenable to continue using their WebOS phones.

Look at BBOS - carriers are starting to shut down the servers that allow these phones to function, and refarming frequencies that they depend on, and that's only going to continue as time moves forward.

While BB10 in its current form could continue to function for a few years, if it isn't continually developed and kept up to date, then it is a zombie OS that will have zero third-party development and virtually zero support from carriers. That's the reality of the situation. Windows XP continues to be used by perhaps millions of people, but it is a Zombie OS and no one develops for it or supports it anymore. Current versions of most software don't work on it, and lots of older versions of software are broken and won't be fixed. That's how software is.
    cgk likes this.
    09-23-15 11:13 PM
    My company decided not using BlackBerry services again.
    Then they only supports android and ios. Maybe it come from BlackBerry using android?
    Why must pay more, then... we have to change our gadget to ios or android.
    Sad to say goodbye.

Posted via CB10
    Moroianu George likes this.
    09-23-15 11:16 PM
    Upgrade to Android.
    You dont have a choice, If the Priv make it, they only deliver Android phones, if not, they dont make phones anymore.
    BB10 is dead anyway (last update wil be in 2017)
    11-04-15 07:41 AM
    I'd go back to using payphones and a laptop for my apps and social media.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:28 AM
    Upgrade to Android.
    You dont have a choice, If the Priv make it, they only deliver Android phones, if not, they dont make phones anymore.
    BB10 is dead anyway (last update wil be in 2017)
    That's a DOWNGRADE to Android... an inferior OS.
    BB10os is not dead yet by any means.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    Asvertus likes this.
    11-04-15 09:41 AM
    Won't happen. The only reason they're releasing the Priv with Android, is because they have installed security keys into the hardware as well as software tweaks to secure the OS. None of the other BlackBerry devices have those keys, so they would not be able to secure the OS.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-04-15 01:10 PM
    I don't know. Windows phone perhaps. No android. Maybe IOS and their sucky keyboard. Android is spyware.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 01:32 PM
    I'd love to see this as a poll. BB10 will be officially supported for a while if you already have the device, but probably won't get any updates other than security and bug fixes. So you can say you'd keep using BB10 until the phone breaks, and that's fair, but eventually you'll have to move on. So... if you had to do that today, which platform do you go to?

The reviews of the Priv have been positive enough that I would consider Android, but right now I would likely still say Windows. I'm assuming the BlackBerry Hub will be comparable on Windows to what it is on Android, a bit worse than it is on BB10. Two big reasons then:
    1. I already use primarily (almost exclusively) Windows devices and other Microsoft services.
    2. Continuum, or more broadly, that vision of your phone being your primary computing device that can adapt depending on connected hardware.
    11-10-15 03:57 PM
    I thought there would be a 10.3.4 as well?

I don't have high hopes for BB10, the OS or handsets. If something cool becomes of it, awesome; I'd likely give it a look as I would rather support a native BlackBerry OS. Otherwise, I am tired of this BlackBerry rollercoaster. From being on a device that could not update past BBOS 5.1 or whatever even as BBOS 6, and then BBOS 7 rolled out; to finally getting a Bold and BBOS 7 only to find out that this thing called BBX was going to be the next "finally bringing us on par with Android/iOS" upgrade; to delay; to delay; to delay; to the Z10 launching first; to it not coming to Verizon until three months after launch; to a half baked OS; to sideloading android apps; to lists of "ported" Android apps that work on BB10; to "port your own Android app to BB10"; to unofficial websites with already ported apps; to "Hey, check it out, ART!"; to 1Mobile, Snap, Amazon App; to Amazon App becoming official; and of course leak after leak after leak; to a mega slider tease; to BB10 is "dead", Android is where it is at;.... then the Priv, which I do not yet own if I ever will. Then what? No more Android, even? "BlackBerry" as apps and perhaps a launcher only?

I love BB10 but it is definitely long in the tooth. For how good it is now it is far from being great; the Hub is still half as good as it should be; and a few others like FaceBook and Twitter apps being substandard. Granted, it is perfect for my own needs which is why I love it. However there is a very distinct market out there that does want what BB10 brings to the table. And I am not talking about the average CrackBerry user, either. Enterprise does not need what consumers need and as long as security features are solid and up-to-date, that is where they are going to go. Why do you think the BlackPhone 2 has so low specs? Because it was cost effective? Nope. Well, maybe as a corollary but it is safe to assume that their target audiences are going for the privacy aspects full-steam over RAM and clock speeds any day of the week. And if BlackBerry pulls out of that market in favor of Android they will likely lose that market all together to Silent Circle, Boeing, or who-ever else comes knocking on the door.

Android is still trying to figure itself out and iOS has to update in order to sell the next version of iPhone. Apple always tweaks the OS to the hardware, the hardware to the OS. And about Android; on the other side of the World Android is fragmenting all to heck. It's already spread to Europe. Hugo Basso, or what-ever his name is, was once Andy Rubin's right-hand man. When Rubin stepped down as "Boss of Android", Hugo left for Xiaomi. Now look at them. Yeah, the OHA future's sure is bright.

Speaking of that; I'll bet anyone that BlackBerry makes the next Nexus phone. Perhaps it will finally get decent sales? I'll take it a step further: BlackBerry takes over the Nexus line all together and this will be their only Android phone; year after year. Laugh now, but we'll see.
    11-11-15 12:37 AM
94 ... 234