Having read a lot of reviews about the Priv, I have noticed that most of its users are unhappy and disappointed with their new phone, reporting buggy software and cheap hardware. I am sure all these people were looking for a true Premium BlackBerry phone, not just another regular & expensive Android device� (come on, Blackberry, the market is already flooded with them).

Given the robust hardware and stable software of current BB OS 10 devices, why not just keep using them? I've been using a Q10 for ages, and I ever will. If it dies, I will get a Passport, but NEVER a BlackndroidBerry phone. Luckily, I don't need Android OS nor Android Apps to live with; I just don't. Whether it has support by BlackBerry or not, BB OS 10 still has everything I need out of the box.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-08-16 12:18 PM
    That's not my experience. I have seen tons of great reviews, and everyone I know that owns a Priv, likes it very much (myself included).

But if BB10 still works for you, that's great too.
    05-08-16 12:21 PM
    To OP, what's the life span of your Q10?

...if you use it for ages, why do you think BlackBerry was letting you down...???

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 01:21 PM
    To each his own. Life's too short to care about trivialities.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    05-08-16 01:30 PM
    Luckily, I don't need Android OS nor Android Apps to live with; I just don't.
    But you are aware that the apps make the phone right? If ever you needed proof of that statement, BB10! BB10's failure can be directly linked to the lack of apps. Users don't want work arounds and side-loading hassles. While you don't want or need apps, the vast majority of smart phone users insist on them. While I have noticed that CB members keep up the uselessness of Whatsapp and Facebook the simple truth is that they are very popular and people want them. They want those 2 apps and the access to hundreds of thousands more. Just in case you haven't noticed, People are not buying the Priv. The reason we complain is that BB let us down. I bought into BB many years ago. The apps, the phones, the Playbook, even had stock in the company. What I got for my loyalty was a company that just couldn't change with the changing times. When they finally decided to change it was too little too late. BB simply fails to execute! I would have had more respect for them if they just stopped making phones. Better to stop than to deliver the crap that has been coming out over the last few years. I read this one myth over and over, It's a productivity device. BS! It's a phone that needs work arounds for almost everything except Email and phone calls.
    jaydee5799 and anon(9803228) like this.
    05-08-16 01:54 PM
    But you are aware that the apps make the phone right? If ever you needed proof of that statement, BB10! BB10's failure can be directly linked to the lack of apps. Users don't want work arounds and side-loading hassles. While you don't want or need apps, the vast majority of smart phone users insist on them.
    And that is the basis of the problem. We came to the point where quality of the phone is determined with whatsapp or FB app. Really? My Q10 holds signal quality better than HTC One or S. My Q10 has better call quality than Nokia 1020. My Q10 has better keyboard than iPhone. My Q10 has better battery life than any of those (and it is interchangeable). In my book Q10 rules because it does not let me down where I need it the most.

Q10
    Last edited by Korto Maltese; 05-08-16 at 04:02 PM.
    05-08-16 02:36 PM
    And that is the basis of the problem. We came to the point where quality of the phone is determined with whatsapp or FB app. Really? My Q10 holds signal quality better that HTC One or S. My Q10 has better call quality that Nokia 1020. My Q10 has better keyboard that iPhone. My Q10 has better battery life than any of those (and it is interchangeable). In my book Q10 rules because it does not let me down where I need it the most.

Q10
    The reality is yes the majority of consumers do consider having those apps as a measure of quality of device (not saying I agree).
    People text, tweet, snap, Facebook, instagram (and so on) each other a heck of lot more then they actually call each other. Signal strength is way down on the list of things they care about.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 03:03 PM
    @ray689: I don't mind if people prefer apps over hardware. To each their own, this world is crazy enough as it is. I do mind if a person claims that apps, and not even OS quality or specific apps but number of them, make phone better.

Q10
    05-08-16 04:11 PM
    And that is the basis of the problem. We came to the point where quality of the phone is determined with whatsapp or FB app. Really? My Q10 holds signal quality better than HTC One or S. My Q10 has better call quality than Nokia 1020. My Q10 has better keyboard than iPhone. My Q10 has better battery life than any of those (and it is interchangeable). In my book Q10 rules because it does not let me down where I need it the most.

Q10
    Do you even remember the Z10 rollout? I bought that phone during the first week and I can tell you it was a mess. Do a search here and read about the problems with that phone. Did it get better? yep. Sure did but, when it is your first device in a few years with a new OS, make it right BEFORE release! BB has not had a single launch that went well since before the Z10. I guess you must have the only perfect Q10 but more likely, you settle. Would you like some fresh Milk for the journey home? some Salted Meat? then perhaps a Hat. LOL
    DrBoomBotz and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    05-08-16 08:51 PM
    Do you even remember the Z10 rollout? I bought that phone during the first week and I can tell you it was a mess. Do a search here and read about the problems with that phone. Did it get better? yep. Sure did but, when it is your first device in a few years with a new OS, make it right BEFORE release! BB has not had a single launch that went well since before the Z10. I guess you must have the only perfect Q10 but more likely, you settle. Would you like some fresh Milk for the journey home? some Salted Meat? then perhaps a Hat. LOL
    What a load-of-bs. Every OS has it's flaws. I could give you hundreds of links to iOS, android or windows mobile forums with tons of issues. And even 'almighty' iOS deploys new OS or updates that will mess up users experience.

Let's play a game: finish the sentence.

- you should've done it right at the beginning you crappy ____________

a) bb10
    b) android
    c) iOS
    d) windows mobile

They are all true.

And yes, I do have perfect Q10 and I read I am not the only one.

Q10
    05-09-16 06:54 AM
    @ray689: I don't mind if people prefer apps over hardware. To each their own, this world is crazy enough as it is. I do mind if a person claims that apps, and not even OS quality or specific apps but number of them, make phone better.

Q10
    That's a fair point and I agree. The general consumer however, not so much.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 07:45 AM
    Problem here is that the OS will show its age. Take the Web browser, it's great, but I've noticed on some mobile sites, it's not properly displaying the content. Now, it might be the nature of the square screen of the Passport, but it's something I've noticed recently.

I think the fact that BBM Video doesn't work between BB10 and iOS/Android speaks volume of their priority. It is what it is. I will continue to enjoy my Passport, but I also know that my next phone won't be BB10. I'll complain about the new phone but eventually get used to it, and will forget about it. Any new negatives from a new OS will likely balance out with the new positives. Life will continue.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 05-09-16 at 10:04 AM.
    05-09-16 07:55 AM
    Oh no , not this kind of thread again...
    05-09-16 08:18 AM
    Oh no , not this kind of thread again...
    lol--it never ends. Personally, I have given up commenting on these OS vs OS threads (except this comment ) and try to devote 99 % of my comments/posts to helping people with questions. Sometimes maybe doing more harm than good but I can try anyway.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-09-16 08:24 AM
    What a load-of-bs. Every OS has it's flaws. I could give you hundreds of links to iOS, android or windows mobile forums with tons of issues. And even 'almighty' iOS deploys new OS or updates that will mess up users experience.

Let's play a game: finish the sentence.

- you should've done it right at the beginning you crappy ____________

a) bb10
    b) android
    c) iOS
    d) windows mobile

They are all true.

And yes, I do have perfect Q10 and I read I am not the only one.

Q10
    Ive had 3 BB phones, one crappy Android phone, a Playbook, and 3 iPhone's. The Z10 was more problematic when I bought it than all the other phones combined. BB10 when it was released was garbage. Even after I had AT&T replace the Z10 with a new one it still sucked. It took BB a few months to even get that OS to function so the phone did basic smartphone stuff. The only thing that the Z10 had at release was pretty good build quality. Something they have lost.
    05-09-16 12:15 PM
    lol--it never ends. Personally, I have given up commenting on these OS vs OS threads (except this comment ) and try to devote 99 % of my comments/posts to helping people with questions. Sometimes maybe doing more harm than good but I can try anyway.
    I hear you, I try to do the same thing. But now and then I hear/read stuff that is just wrong.

People should learn two things:

1. There will not be a perfect device, never, every single one has a flaw. You should learn with which flaws you can live with and choose device based on that conclusion.

2. Ever since the first I in iPhone people think that they and their posts on instagram and fb and twitter actually mean something. Well, they dont. Neither do mine.

Peace

Q10
    05-09-16 02:10 PM
    The priv was probably designed with bb10 in mind originally. Not android and you are seeing issues with the decision now. Blackberry should have released two versions of the priv or at least allowed it to dual boot.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 02:54 AM
    But you are aware that the apps make the phone right? If ever you needed proof of that statement, BB10! BB10's failure can be directly linked to the lack of apps. Users don't want work arounds and side-loading hassles. While you don't want or need apps, the vast majority of smart phone users insist on them. While I have noticed that CB members keep up the uselessness of Whatsapp and Facebook the simple truth is that they are very popular and people want them. They want those 2 apps and the access to hundreds of thousands more. Just in case you haven't noticed, People are not buying the Priv. The reason we complain is that BB let us down. I bought into BB many years ago. The apps, the phones, the Playbook, even had stock in the company. What I got for my loyalty was a company that just couldn't change with the changing times. When they finally decided to change it was too little too late. BB simply fails to execute! I would have had more respect for them if they just stopped making phones. Better to stop than to deliver the crap that has been coming out over the last few years. I read this one myth over and over, It's a productivity device. BS! It's a phone that needs work arounds for almost everything except Email and phone calls.
    THIS is the reason I left after owning 5 or 6 different BBs. Sad, but reality sets in. I need the apps to be productive
    05-10-16 07:08 AM
    Problem here is that the OS will show its age. Take the Web browser, it's great, but I've noticed on some mobile sites, it's not properly displaying the content. Now, it might be the nature of the square screen of the Passport, but it's something I've noticed recently.

I think the fact that BBM Video doesn't work between BB10 and iOS/Android speaks volume of their priority. It is what it is. I will continue to enjoy my Passport, but I also know that my next phone won't be BB10. I'll complain about the new phone but eventually get used to it, and will forget about it. Any new negatives from a new OS will likely balance out with the new positives. Life will continue.

Between corporate customers that don't allow BBM....
    BlackBerry collectors that own two of every BB10 model, but only use one at a time....
    The aging Z10 & Q10 users that are now leaving the platform....

I bet the number of BB10 users that are active on BBM is comparable very small - and these are numbers that BlackBerry has and uses to make decisions. Like most developers, BlackBerry's focus is on the platforms that have an active userbase, and a future.
    05-10-16 07:24 AM
    At the risk of being pedantic :

But you are aware that the apps make the phone right?
    Nope - making and receiving calls makes it a phone, everything else makes it a 'smart phone'

I need the apps to be productive
    And so by definition you were not productive before these apps came along, and are not productive without your phone ??

I really don't know how we managed any of human kinds feats from navigating the globe to placing men on the moon when we didn't have 'phones' that make us so much more productive.( this post/thread is a fine example of how phones have made us less productive imho )

Gets coat and exits stage left.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-10-16 07:28 AM
    Between corporate customers that don't allow BBM....
    BlackBerry collectors that own two of every BB10 model, but only use one at a time....
    The aging Z10 & Q10 users that are now leaving the platform....

I bet the number of BB10 users that are active on BBM is comparable very small - and these are numbers that BlackBerry has and uses to make decisions. Like most developers, BlackBerry's focus is on the platforms that have an active userbase, and a future.
    Agreed. Although my employer, a bank, still issues Classic and Leap. With that said, if my personal device was something other than the Passport, I would have left too.

05-10-16 07:58 AM
    Funny how in some cases people mix productive for being lazy.

Q10
    05-10-16 09:08 AM
    Having read a lot of reviews about the Priv, I have noticed that most of its users are unhappy and disappointed with their new phone, reporting buggy software and cheap hardware. I am sure all these people were looking for a true Premium BlackBerry phone, not just another regular & expensive Android device… (come on, Blackberry, the market is already flooded with them).

Given the robust hardware and stable software of current BB OS 10 devices, why not just keep using them? I've been using a Q10 for ages, and I ever will. If it dies, I will get a Passport, but NEVER a BlackndroidBerry phone. Luckily, I don't need Android OS nor Android Apps to live with; I just don't. Whether it has support by BlackBerry or not, BB OS 10 still has everything I need out of the box.
    I am using ONLY Blackberry devices since 2008 . I have all BB10 devices and now using the Priv . My experience with BB10 and Priv is excellent no complaints whatsoever . Proud owner of the Priv and Passport.
    05-10-16 11:20 AM
    That's not my experience. I have seen tons of great reviews, and everyone I know that owns a Priv, likes it very much (myself included).

But if BB10 still works for you, that's great too.
    Well said Conite !! Priv is great device .
    05-10-16 11:22 AM
    If BlackBerry has let their users down, stop complaining and just don't buy BlackndroidBerry phones

How ironic. You're complaining.
    05-10-16 12:02 PM
28 12