Subset question. If bb10 support is pulled will passport classic andz10 phones still work. (my existing phones)

Posted via CB10
    A SIM card is a SIM card. Windows XP still works but you can't update it and of course full of security holes. Your phone will work as it does now, it just won't be supported

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    03-31-16 10:43 PM
    John Chen lacks the integrity necessary to take BBRY hdwe to the next level. He has committed to the soft side of business, because incapable of taking it the entire company to the next level. He will get paid, and unless through divine intervention, we will get screwed. The Board is heartless as well, overwhelmed by greed. Forget user loyalty that we all have exhibit. It's all about them. How much advertising do you see regarding the hardware except when you visit th website. If Chen and the Board cared about the profitability of the company, they would be demonstrating by counter the competitors with ads, TV, and every median available. They would set up shops similar to Apple and Samsung. It's not that VZ and other carriers don't want to sell BBRY; it's Chen refusing to put his reputation on the line. He can't walk where he's never been. He has become a huge disappointment and exhibits no honor.

Posted via CB10
    anon(679606) likes this.
    04-23-16 11:12 PM
    Shareholders come before customers in a publicly traded company. To ignore the best interests of the shareholders would be dishonorable.
    04-24-16 08:54 AM
    If BlackBerry goes kaput, any BlackBerry services go as well.

No BlackBerry World, no updates, no NOC (bye bye BIS and BBM), at least.

I do remember that the proximity sensor required server connection for some reason, so that would go too, as would any other service that requires a BlackBerry server. Maybe WiFi?

http://www.crackberry.com/yesterdays...pt-server-data
    Yeah, that was never really explained very well. Why exactly would the sensors need a server connection in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 06:45 PM
    They don't work with a verizon straight talk SIM now, or they are not allowing them, so that will stay the same but it'll work elsewhere.
    04-24-16 06:55 PM
    Canadian government may even step in and bail them out.
    I don't think so! But you can bet Bombardier will be bailed out, thats for sure.

A couple years ago I was hoping Apple would have bought Blackberry, and they could have had them for a song. All that BBM technology would have made imessage so much better than it ever was, and the famous BB security, well......when everything seemed secure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-16 07:12 PM
    Going bankrupt and going out of business are two very different things. And BlackBerry is far from bankrupt.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    04-24-16 09:26 PM
    .... There has been no os update on the passport in around 6 months or more. From what I have read the 1 or 2 bb10 updates that chen has promised in the next year will be superficial. ....
    Android from 4.0 to 6.0 has had new version releases roughly about every 11 months or so. Why would you expect BB10 to get more frequent updates. Proper testing takes a long time, so frequent releases are not always a good thing. Blackberry has been making every update available, so far, on every device stretching back to Z10. How many 'droid phones on Jelly Bean or KitKat can be updated to Lollipop or Marshmallow? I would say Blackberry is ok in comparison

My other question is what do you think is needed on BB10 other than bug fixes? I would like to get holster mode working, but other than that, I just want bugs fixed. I'm pretty happy with the bulk of OS 10 as is. (I also have to face an iPhone everyday, so I know exactly what I'm missing, or not).
    If Blackberry just keeps patching every year and releasing new phones every 2-3 years, I'd be ok with that.
    04-24-16 11:15 PM
    Android from 4.0 to 6.0 has had new version releases roughly about every 11 months or so. Why would you expect BB10 to get more frequent updates. Proper testing takes a long time, so frequent releases are not always a good thing. Blackberry has been making every update available, so far, on every device stretching back to Z10. How many 'droid phones on Jelly Bean or KitKat can be updated to Lollipop or Marshmallow? I would say Blackberry is ok in comparison

My other question is what do you think is needed on BB10 other than bug fixes? I would like to get holster mode working, but other than that, I just want bugs fixed. I'm pretty happy with the bulk of OS 10 as is. (I also have to face an iPhone everyday, so I know exactly what I'm missing, or not).
    If Blackberry just keeps patching every year and releasing new phones every 2-3 years, I'd be ok with that.
    ^^^THIS

I would like to see BB10 repositioned properly for what it is: a mature, efficient "all-in-one" smart phone OS that offers an alternative to the tail-chasing 3rd party app hunt of Android and iPhone.

Release one new phone each year, alternating between slab and PKB so that each form factor is upgraded every two years. Each update should use 1year old technology to keep costs down.

Take out the Android runtime. Focus on core communications and Web browsing.

Embrace simplicity, efficiency and ease of use.

Blackberry, the Essential Smartphone

I know that it's too late for BlackBerry to turn back the clock and do this. But it was their best strategy for BB10. Instead, they were slow followers of Apple and Android in the BYOD consumer chase and got left far behind.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 12:56 PM
34 12