08-26-15 03:35 PM
71 123
tools
    There is no way Blackberry would ever do that trust me there are too many risks and potential problems (like they release a conversion update, and it bricks your device). If you have a working BB10 device keep using it, when the time comes and (hypothetically) Blackberry puts out android devices then upgrade to one of those.
    08-21-15 08:28 PM
    If it really is, they better offer us all an android Lollipop or Marshmallow update for every BlackBerry 10 phone starting from the very first Z10.

Happy ending. We can still use our existing device and it will not look like we are using an old, outdated, not supported and abandoned BlackBerry phones.

And we may be considering to keep up with BlackBerry Android phone if the experience is good enough and satisfying enough for us.

This could be a win win situation too.

Posted via CB10
    That is what Chen is wanting

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:57 PM
    What if the slider runs bbos 10 and Android? Dual boot, kind of like blackberry balance for the OS? Hmm pick and choose, flip and flop, one for work and one for play?

Posted via CB10
    This is not gonna happen

Posted via Z30
    08-22-15 01:26 AM
    not for a while anyway,lol
    08-22-15 03:07 AM
    Just a hypothetical question in which I haven't decided yet...you?
    Would be tempting only if the screen size was the same as the PP and other functionalities such as the HUB were present.
    08-22-15 03:22 AM
    To OP question
    Regardless if any BlackBerry/Android hybrid comes out or not, no way I will going to change, the BB OS10 is what I stick with, running perfectly alight, no need to swoop just for the sake of it.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+
    theotherjoeboy and Raptor 007 like this.
    08-22-15 05:14 AM
    Would be tempting only if the screen size was the same as the PP and other functionalities such as the HUB were present.
    Some photos show pp running Android. For testing reasons maybe?

Posted via Z30
    08-22-15 06:13 AM
    BlackBerry with BlackBerry OS and nothing else, if they move to android, why bother getting BB at all when you can have full fledged android right now? And dont say that it would be more secure because that swiss cheese of an OS can never have security like BB.

It doesnt have as many apps, so what? Thats something that can be adressed in time.. I hate to see BB become watered down casual OS/device. Almost everything people need is already there in the OS, they just dont see it.

Some people have forgotten what BlackBerry is about and thats sad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-15 06:16 AM
    "Upgrade" is a bit of a subjective term, but let's say the choice is to "switch" :-)

And the answer is "not for me". I tried BlackBerry specifically as a way to reliably run a handful of apps I find important, not to unreliably try out a much larger set.

The latest Android updates have been poor in my experience, where's OS10 updates have lect things better off.
    08-22-15 06:40 AM
    To answer the obvious tr... er... OP's question, if the only criterion involved in my choice of phone was "which OS has millions of monumentally crap games in its app store", I'm sure I'd be more than happy with an Android phone. But it's not.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-22-15 06:58 AM
    I think is good they leave us to choose, because I don't have nuclear booms codes in my phone, I move to Android. Of corse If my Q10 gets

Enviado desde mi SM-N910T mediante Tapatalk
    08-22-15 07:03 AM
    BlackBerry with BlackBerry OS and nothing else, if they move to android, why bother getting BB at all when you can have full fledged android right now? And dont say that it would be more secure because that swiss cheese of an OS can never have security like BB.

It doesnt have as many apps, so what? Thats something that can be adressed in time.. I hate to see BB become watered down casual OS/device. Almost everything people need is already there in the OS, they just dont see it.

Some people have forgotten what BlackBerry is about and thats sad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BlackBerry is no more secure than Android unless running BES. You do know that, right?

And as to why someone would want Android on BlackBerry hardware, there are a myriad of reasons.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:07 AM
    I don't get this...why would you want Android on your existing BlackBerry device? Wouldn't you have just bought an Android?

Posted via CB10
    What a silly comment.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:08 AM
    Or at the end BlackBerry will have some million dissatisfied customers that don't want to spend money again for the new OS

Posted via Z30
    We never know how BlackBerry is going to involve Android on the new handsets. However if BlackBerry gives us the option of implementing android or back to BlackBerry 10 for a lifetime small cost will be great

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 07:29 AM
    I'd probably keep my Z30 on BlackBerry 10 just so I would have a device that runs it still. I'd probably just opt to purchase the slider for "AndroidBerry".

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 08:26 AM
    I have no desire to switch.
    08-22-15 09:33 AM
    I think if they gave us Google play services and access to play store bb10 would be solid. Because it's just the slow / lack of certain apps that pisses me off

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 10:32 AM
    I have nothing in terms of Google services so there's no added value to Android for me. If anything, I'd rather have full Office 365 integration such as my OneDrive for Business account as part of my native file system than I would Google Services. I've looked in the Play Store and while there are a lot of apps, there really aren't that many unique ones outside of the major apps that people complain about not having. THe rest are all just knock offs or of questionable utility.
    08-22-15 10:45 AM
    I'd buy a Classic (maybe even a Q10) and upgrade it to Android. I love the form factors BlackBerry offers, just BB10 is keeping me away.

I'd be happy if this does became an option, but I doubt it will.
    08-22-15 02:34 PM
    I'd ask BlackBerry to not call their shopping version of Android based OS to not, I mean NOT call it Androidberry and to dosuade all social media events from allowing that as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 05:10 PM
    The key here is how - if at all- BlackBerry will integrate it key BB10 features into a AndroBerry

If they don't make the messaging - hub system as it is now on BB10, it's DOA. Might as well by nexus, keyboard or not.
    Swipes are also important, but not the make it or break it for me, I'd rather there be active frame if I had to choose....

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    This^^^.
    Having purchased an Android recently and using it as a daily driver for a while, I can honestly say that besides the hub, there isn't a lot I miss about BB. Unfortunately. I thought the switch would be traumatic...but it wasn't. If the BB hub stays and the rest is pure Android, then you really WILL have the best of both worlds. Oh MINUS the keyboard.
    08-22-15 05:18 PM
    If thats the case I would be buying sammy s6 or maybe lg g4

This is not a political sig, vatniks
    I just bought an LG G4...pure gold! I love it.
    08-22-15 05:19 PM
    if BlackBerry moves to Android, I'll move to Windows 10 or iOS.

Smartphones for smart people. iPhones for everyone else.
    08-22-15 09:47 PM
    if BlackBerry moves to Android, I'll move to Windows 10 or iOS.

Smartphones for smart people. iPhones for everyone else.
    Guess you're not very smart then, as per your signature.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 08-22-15 at 11:28 PM.
    Jakob_jacobsen and Raptor 007 like this.
    08-22-15 11:04 PM
    I would keep my Classic on BB10. Having fewer apps will keep me out of trouble at work.

There would be a strong surge in demand for older BB10 phones though!
    08-22-15 11:25 PM
71 123