I will definitely move to iphone or window phone

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 06:31 AM
    I will probably move to sailfish.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 06:44 AM
    While that's all great, no one would want an android phone that can't be rooted because people like to customize their phones. When I had Samsung phones I always rooted them because the TouchWiz is the most horrible launcher I have tried. That's one of the reasons why I would never go back to a Samsung phone.

Posted via CB10
    Two things.

Thing one: Most Android users (about 70 percent, I believe) don't root.

Thing two: You don't have to root to install a different launcher.
    03-27-16 06:51 AM
    Well,....no thanks!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-27-16 06:58 AM
    No.
    03-27-16 07:16 AM
    May Blackberry grow strong and keep coming with new innovation. I will support them by buying latest BB0S10 devices. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 08:13 AM
    I am using a Passport now.

The last BlackBerry10 unit from BB will my my last BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I agree... I am waiting with baited breath for some other maker to produce a PKB phone... sadly I feel this is in vain since BlackBerry queered that market with the flimsy failed Priv device...
    03-27-16 10:46 AM
    While that's all great, no one would want an android phone that can't be rooted because people like to customize their phones. When I had Samsung phones I always rooted them because the TouchWiz is the most horrible launcher I have tried. That's one of the reasons why I would never go back to a Samsung phone.

Posted via CB10
    I like that my phone can't/ hasn't been rooted. Some people do care about that

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-27-16 11:41 AM
    Two things.

Thing one: Most Android users (about 70 percent, I believe) don't root.

Thing two: You don't have to root to install a different launcher.
    Where did you get that kind of statistics? Lol

Most of the people I know do root their phones for various reasons not related to customization.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:55 PM
    If Blackberry only sells Android phones, then I will not buy any more Blackberry phones. Only BB10 phones.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    03-27-16 01:20 PM
    Where did you get that kind of statistics? Lol

Most of the people I know do root their phones for various reasons not related to customization.

Posted via CB10
    Try a Google search. It actually works.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...-apps-one.html
    03-27-16 03:10 PM
    Try a Google search. It actually works.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...-apps-one.html
    That's an article from 2014. Many new improvements have come since then that benefit rooting phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:09 PM
    That's an article from 2014. Many new improvements have come since then that benefit rooting phones.

Posted via CB10
    That's not the point. I'm aware of the benefits of rooting phones. You made a claim, that most Android users root their phones. That claim is false. Most, by a wide margin, don't. That's what all statistical studies show. We shouldn't think that the kind of people who hang out on XDA and other tech forums are typical users.

A more interesting question is: For how many people is the current unrooted status of the Priv a feature? I have no idea what the answer might be.
    03-27-16 05:31 PM
    Always be true blackberry user, I still have Amiga

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-27-16 05:44 PM
    Betrayed? No. They made a business decision that suits their interest and survival. I don't feel betrayed but I their new direction is not for me. I don't like the Priv and don't want a pkb so I won't be getting one. When my current z30 stops preforming the way I need it too I will be moving on from Blackberry completely.

I personally don't like the options. Iphone's are so dumbed down and you need an app to do everything and I DON'T want google to know everywhere I go and everything about me, I value my personal privacy too much for that to happen. I'm not sure Win10 is where it needs to be. I'm just happy my z30 is still working. BB10 best OS by far for me and my business.
    03-27-16 06:43 PM
    Betrayed? No. They made a business decision that suits their interest and survival. I don't feel betrayed but I their new direction is not for me. I don't like the Priv and don't want a pkb so I won't be getting one. When my current z30 stops preforming the way I need it too I will be moving on from Blackberry completely.

I personally don't like the options. Iphone's are so dumbed down and you need an app to do everything and I DON'T want google to know everywhere I go and everything about me, I value my personal privacy too much for that to happen. I'm not sure Win10 is where it needs to be. I'm just happy my z30 is still working. BB10 best OS by far for me and my business.
    Just so you know Google can find out where you are and everything about to if they really wanted to, regardless if you know it or not

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:37 PM
    If BlackBerry eventually pull the plug on BlackBerry OS10(formally) and goes all in with android, I wouldn't and I won't be a part of this "new" BB strategy nor a blind brand slave that consumes only a specific brand because "I'm loyal to the Brand".
    I will not support or stand by, because BlackBerry is a company with a strategy and like any other company is oriented on volume sales and profit, it doesn't care of what I care or what I like most, thus there's no loyalty on both sides (full duplex).
    I'm a die hard user, I'm paying (prime) to get what I want, It's my needs vs the offered services, it's BBOS 10 or BBye!

📶 Powered by BlackBerry� Passport ✱
    03-28-16 04:32 AM
    I hope they stay with OS10 but if they don't I hope they make the android BlackBerry experience as close as possible the OS10 and certainly with lots of beneficial productivity features that they are much better then stock android or any other android smartphone out there. They should be the best. Not only mediocre as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:36 AM
    I hope they stay with OS10 but if they don't I hope they make the android BlackBerry experience as close as possible the OS10 and certainly with lots of beneficial productivity features that they are much better then stock android or any other android smartphone out there. They should be the best. Not only mediocre as they are now.

Posted via CB10
    If Samsung's buggy TouchWiz can become popular I don't see why BlackBerry can't have their version of Android become popular. That being said, the Priv sucks...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:45 AM
    There is no reason for anyone other than fanboys and stock holders to buy the Priv.
    Hyper expensive, nothing impressive. The keyboard - what is it good if I have to slide it out every time I want to use a shortcut. Not to mention the gigantic dimensions.

If they release Vega ot what ever that name was, 3:2 screen, keyboard underneath, and it's descent internally, it may be worth looking at (4GB of RAM is a must for me). I would still prefer BB10 for business any day - it's just much easier to do things around.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:38 AM
    If Samsung's buggy TouchWiz can become popular I don't see why BlackBerry can't have their version of Android become popular. That being said, the Priv sucks...

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has to be the best so people have to choice then to recognise them as for now lots of people and sales people in the shops think BlackBerry is no good. So they have to turn that around. Samsung is big powerful marketing machine. That is how they sell.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:29 AM
    That's not entirely correct, there is more to the Priv than just the keyboard. BlackBerry rolls out security updates much faster than any other Android phone out there. The Priv is unrootable and is probably more hardware-secure than anything else, except BB10 devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    Googles nexus line is every month
    03-28-16 08:06 AM
    I will not follow them on the Android path. I would buy a newly released BB10 device, but only if there is a renewed engagement for the platform, including a credible timeline for support. Other than this, I will be leaving the ship after 6 years and 9 devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:08 AM
    Like you I don't like the Priv but I haven't ruled out a BlackDroid with a physical keyboard. I will wait for a second or third BlackBerry running Android and see if it fits cause I've played with the other Android variants in the wild and am frustrated with their poor implementation of notifications. I live for the HUB and if anyone can make it work on another platform I will consider it.

Waiting....waiting.....waiting.......���

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:58 AM
    Googles nexus line is every month
    Except that, for the past few months, the Priv has received security updates faster than the Nexus has.

Well, the unlocked Privs, at least.
    03-28-16 09:31 AM
74 123