Yup, for C-level executives, with high credentials probably.
    Actually nope. For all employees in the banks that have email access on phones. I see that a lot. If you want/need email access on your phone, it is BlackBerry only.
    12-05-15 10:11 AM
    Ok, must admit I don't live in Canada, obviously
    Doesn't sound to me as a worldwide rule, as I deal frequently with C-level bankers and "regulated" businessmen sporting IPs dand Droids.
    But I'm glad it's otherwise in Canada though
    12-05-15 10:29 AM
    Ok, must admit I don't live in Canada, obviously
    Doesn't sound to me as a worldwide rule, as I deal frequently with C-level bankers and "regulated" businessmen sporting IPs dand Droids.
    But I'm glad it's otherwise in Canada though
    Yes, for all C-Level or B-Level "business people" I have met in Europe many carry iPhones (clearly increasing), some still BBOS (decreasing), some BB10 and the rest Android.
    BB10 is not dead in Europe, the situation seems to be better here compared to the US market or Japan.

Was quite surpirsed last year to see several green contacts appearing in my PlayBook (ready for VideoCalls), after the first sync with Exchange.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-15 10:54 AM
    Actually nope. For all employees in the banks that have email access on phones. I see that a lot. If you want/need email access on your phone, it is BlackBerry only.
    And I work in a bank where if you want email access, you use Good for iOS or Good on Android. We've shut down BES and no one has a BlackBerry. This is one of the largest banks in the world.

Our CEO carries an iPhone. So does our CIO.

So it all depends. I will say we are accountable to US and European regulators who review our decisions. They and we are satisfied with the security of our email system using Good.
    12-05-15 12:23 PM
    And I work in a bank where if you want email access, you use Good for iOS or Good on Android. We've shut down BES and no one has a BlackBerry. This is one of the largest banks in the world.

Our CEO carries an iPhone. So does our CIO.

So it all depends. I will say we are accountable to US and European regulators who review our decisions. They and we are satisfied with the security of our email system using Good.
    Did your one of the largest banks need bail outs in 2008?
    12-05-15 03:02 PM
    Did your one of the largest banks need bail outs in 2008?
    I can't even imagine what this has to do with our choice to use Good instead of BES. Or technical oversight of our IT infrastructure.

I hope BlackBerry didn't buy the company responsible for the global crisis?

I guess that's not possible since we were all on BES in 2008.
    12-05-15 04:27 PM
    I can't even imagine what this has to do with our choice to use Good instead of BES. Or technical oversight of our IT infrastructure.

I hope BlackBerry didn't buy the company responsible for the global crisis?

I guess that's not possible since we were all on BES in 2008.
    Just saying that Banks make bad decisions too. Just because you work for one of the largest banks in the world doesn't mean that they make good decisions all the time. You seem to imply that since you work for the one of the largest banks in the world, the use of iOS and Android on Good cannot be questioned.
    12-05-15 04:39 PM
    Just saying that Banks make bad decisions too. Just because you work for one of the largest banks in the world doesn't mean that they make good decisions all the time. You seem to imply that since you work for the one of the largest banks in the world, the use of iOS and Android on Good cannot be questioned.
    Not saying it can't be questioned, but I think people think that because we work in a highly regulated business that we have this dependency on BB10. We simply don't.

In fact, we've never issued a BB10 device here to anyone. I haven't seen a lot of other banks outside of Canada issue many BB10 devices either. If BB10 is not available next year, I think banks would be fine with Good or BES+Android/Priv. Or even something like airwatch.

I think BlackBerry understands this which is why they bought Good, which has many customers in regulated industry.
    12-05-15 04:56 PM
    Not saying it can't be questioned, but I think people think that because we work in a highly regulated business that we have this dependency on BB10. We simply don't.

In fact, we've never issued a BB10 device here to anyone. I haven't seen a lot of other banks outside of Canada issue many BB10 devices either. If BB10 is not available next year, I think banks would be fine with Good or BES+Android/Priv. Or even something like airwatch.

I think BlackBerry understands this which is why they bought Good, which has many customers in regulated industry.
    No. They bought Good as they don't know how to do a good MDM anymore. BES12 is cross platform and can support iOS/Android and Windows Phone along with BB10 devices. They just don't know how to move forward with it which is why they had to buy outside help. They made themselves so thin on internal developers, they are lost.
    12-05-15 05:05 PM
    They bought good for iOS support and (moreover) apps.
    But we're sliding slowly yet surely OT guys !

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 05:43 PM
    They bought good for iOS support and (moreover) apps.
    But we're sliding slowly yet surely OT guys !

Posted via CB10
    They already had iOS support in BES12. Will stop sliding the topic.
    12-05-15 05:54 PM
    There is something I never understood.

There was a CB rumor that many companies turned away from BlackBerry, because of the uncertain future.
    But one of the biggest competitors, Good, never generated any profits, right?

In the end BlackBerry bought Good quite cheap:
    A Few Thoughts On The BlackBerry-Good Technology Deal | TechCrunch

I am not an expert, but isn't BlackBerry both the most viable and most secure MDM provider?

What is driving all the CIOs out there when they turn away from BES and BB10?

I always have the impression there is something I am missing...like some people just don't want BlackBerry products in general for any reason I don't understand.
    I know personally some companies where the employees wanted iPhones and the IT department just followed, that's something I understand, but going Android...?
    12-05-15 06:02 PM
    No. They bought Good as they don't know how to do a good MDM anymore. BES12 is cross platform and can support iOS/Android and Windows Phone along with BB10 devices. They just don't know how to move forward with it which is why they had to buy outside help. They made themselves so thin on internal developers, they are lost.
    BES12 just won best enterprise product of the year, so they must be doing something right.
    http://m.crackberry.com/bes12-named-...est-biz-awards
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-15 06:31 PM
    There is something I never understood.

There was a CB rumor that many companies turned away from BlackBerry, because of the uncertain future.
    But one of the biggest competitors, Good, never generated any profits, right?
    Because we didn't have to go buy 70,000 phones from Good. Worst case, if Good went under we could switch to airwatch or boxtone (when that decision was made) and still be able to use the phones with the new MDM. No massive rollout of new hardware to everyone.

Plus small new company which hasn't yet turned a profit, but is growing, is much less scary than giant old company that is shrinking every quarter. It's a question of the direction each company is trending.

What is driving all the CIOs out there when they turn away from BES and BB10?
    Employees demand iPhones and Galaxies and big companies are developing internal apps which require iOS and Android.
    12-05-15 06:41 PM
    BES12 just won best enterprise product of the year, so they must be doing something right.
    BES12 snags Enterprise Software Product of the Year trophy at the Best in Biz Awards 2015 | CrackBerry.com
    Then why buy Good is BES12 is so good?
    12-05-15 06:46 PM
    I thnk one of the reasons is that Good was a cheap buy.
    12-05-15 06:50 PM
    Great opportunity to increase market share at a very reasonable price. Good has its fans and its customer base.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-05-15 06:56 PM
    Great opportunity to increase market share at a very reasonable price. Good has its fans and its customer base.
    So now you have two MDM solutions. Sounds like a waste of resources like two OS's. So which one gets EOL?
    12-05-15 07:05 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry is planning a relaunch with 10.3.3 seeing the lack of leaks. Something is cooking up in the kitchen and I can smell it, Rock.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 07:08 PM
    So now you have two MDM solutions. Sounds like a waste of resources like two OS's. So which one gets EOL?
    You're a "glass 1/10th empty" kind of guy on this. Lol

I just can't see how this is bad.
    12-05-15 07:13 PM
    You're a "glass 1/10th empty" kind of guy on this. Lol

I just can't see how this is bad.
    Are you not the same person who said it was stupid for BlackBerry to support two OS's? Two MDM's with two development teams are a waste of resources.
    12-05-15 07:18 PM
    Are you not the same person who said it was stupid for BlackBerry to support two OS's? Two MDM's with two development teams are a waste of resources.
    They are gaining market share and customers as a result. (Good serves 6200 organisations, including 100% of fortune 100 commercial banks, aerospace, and defence firms, and more than half of ALL fortune 100 companies.)

Holding on to BB10 does neither.

As an aside, it was reported in May of this year, in BYOD, that currently iOS has 72% of all activations, and Android has 26%, with iOS on a downward trend and Android on an upward trend. Microsoft has 1%, and BB10 isn't even on the list.
    Last edited by conite; 12-05-15 at 07:44 PM.
    12-05-15 07:20 PM
    That is typically how such acquisitions start.
    I think you know what comes next.
    12-05-15 08:25 PM
    They are gaining market share and customers as a result. (Good serves 6200 organisations, including 100% of fortune 100 commercial banks, aerospace, and defence firms, and more than half of ALL fortune 100 companies.)

Holding on to BB10 does neither.

As an aside, it was reported in May of this year, in BYOD, that currently iOS has 72% of all activations, and Android has 26%, with iOS on a downward trend and Android on an upward trend. Microsoft has 1%, and BB10 isn't even on the list.
    LOL. You got those stats from this didn't you.

iOS Dominates The Enterprise Market With 72% Activations In Q1 2015 [Report]

Apple has retained its dominance in the enterprise mobile space during the first quarter of 2015, with iOS devices making up 72% of all activations.

Even though the company’s share of the enterprise market was down by 1% on a quarterly basis, it was still far higher than Android’s 26% activations and Windows Phone’s 1%.
    The stats are part of Good Technology’s Mobility Index Report, which doesn’t take into consideration BlackBerry devices since they use BlackBerry’s Enterprise Server for corporate email. Now you know why BlackBerry isn't on that list. They never supported it so it wouldn't be registered. You need to get a better source for comparison. Why don't you pick the numbers for BES and the majority of activations would be BlackBerry. You cannot pick one companies product to make assumptions about the entire sector.
    12-05-15 08:25 PM
    LOL. You got those stats from this didn't you.

iOS Dominates The Enterprise Market With 72% Activations In Q1 2015 [Report]

The stats are part of Good Technology�s Mobility Index Report, which doesn�t take into consideration BlackBerry devices since they use BlackBerry�s Enterprise Server for corporate email. Now you know why BlackBerry isn't on that list. They never supported it so it wouldn't be registered. You need to get a better source for comparison. Why don't you pick the numbers for BES and the majority of activations would be BlackBerry. You cannot pick one companies product to make assumptions about the entire sector.
    BB10 only has a small number of devices in the wild, so I would suspect its numbers would still not register in any significant way with respect to BYOD.
    12-05-15 08:29 PM
91 1234