Except Microsoft has delayed, perhaps killed Android app support: Microsoft's Windows 10 phones won't get Android app ports anytime soon | PCWorld

I don't see too many people replacing their PC with a Windows phone.
    Am I in a time warp and have been left behind? I don't think this technology is out or wide spread yet. This is a first with the 950 XL and not sure if it's even available to public yet. Are you from the future or just don't know anything about what Microsoft is trying to do? I saw a video showing the 950 XL performing just like a computer and accessing all the app you like via Web browser and multiple tabs. Looks like a great solution to me I would do it in a second if I was looking for a new phone. Hopefully this phone games well also or perhaps in future models.

Microsoft has*been investigating emulating Android apps, but instead it has settled on a different solution, or set of solutions, that will allow developers to bring their existing code to Windows 10. This is the new game plan and it is still a go.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:17 PM
    Similar thinking here. However iOS have some serious limitations in the Exchange support. For example you cannot forward meeting invite created by someone else.
    Open the meeting, tap on the attendees, and then tap on the icon in the upper right corner to forward the invite to anyone not on that list.

This works on our exchange server with native iOS calendar app.

Also the walled garden approach f.ex. on BB10 you have hdmi and miracast, on Apple you need to buy Apple TV for the same function...
    Agreed, this is annoying. We just moved to a new floor in our building and every room has to have an Apple TV and a chromecast. Sort of silly, since we don't use any of the Apple TV features.
    11-24-15 10:23 PM
    I had a note 3 before my passport, and I too hate the android os, it felt very cluttered to me. I will be going to iOS after my passport dies

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:21 PM
    I jumped ship 3 weeks ago and bought a 6s plus 64GB. I think of all current phones this is the second most expensive phone (except for some gold plated stuff) one can buy (128GB is more expensive). Was it a good choice?

I never REALLY realized how convenient BB10 really is. The HUB, PIM apps are all integrated and connected, it's fast and fluid, long press is like a right click on a pc/mac, it has an excellent file manager which is integrated in all apps, SD card support, the keyboard is so good, app settings are found in the app by swiping from the top down which makes perfect sense, support for many types of email, and did I mention how well-thought the HUB looks where you can easily see what's read and you can easily filter to unread messages (not only mail). These are things that are not present in IOS9. IOS9 does have 3D touch, a useless feature that for most applications is even slower than just opening the app and go to where you need to be. It does have swipe gestures. A swipe from left brings you into a siri search screen. A wipe from the top brings you in the notification center. Well the phone is so big that a swipe from the top is quite impossible, why didn't they bring that part to the swipe left? Another thing, if you want to change app settings, you have to go to the settings app, this makes the OS very non-intuitive. I could continue for a while, but the reason I bought this phone is for it's camera and apps like iMovie and Action Movie. It's is an excellent device for taking photo's (which I don't) and filming (4k!). I know that all these movies (and memories) of my children growing up, my parents aging, parties, et cetera, are worth the money (at least that is what I am telling myself).

So is it wise to jump ship? It's up to you OP. But I am now carrying two phones connected to each other via a hotspot, the Q10 for all my communication and the iPhone for making calls and making videos. Some people would say I should have bought a camera, but there are no camera' s this size with these possibilities (apps). Oh why didn't I go for Android or Win10? Android is even more non-intuitive as IOS (for me), and I find the UI awkwardly cluttered. Win10, (animating) tiles are not for me, even though I believe Win10 (particularly the UI) on the PC is the very very nice.

I'm afraid that BBOS10 support will be less and less, therefore I went the way of IOS. I realize that BBOS10 actually is a very very very good OS for 80% of the things I would like to do on a smartphone. But I only realized this after I bought the iPhone, before I though that I could find the apps I need in the appstore. Well, there no decent calendar app, no decent email app, and no file management (almost everything is still sandboxed). So before you spend a lot of money, think, because I walk around with two phones.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just slightly disappointed with IOS and people (in general) do not realize how convenient BBOS10 is. I hope in the near future, BB will come up with 150 EURO phones that have a slider keyboard and a 4.5 inch screen and all the current stock apps, including maps (plus offline maps), an execellent browser, and also support for Skype, Office365, Facebook, and the likes. They should get rid of the appstore (at least in it's current form),they should get rid of developer support but not for the work side of BB balance, they should get rid of Android support. This device is then the best out of the box experience that would suit most needs of most people (remember, many people don't install more than a handful of apps). Upgrades will be in CPU speed, screen resolution, camera, stock apps, battery.... Daydreaming......

Have a nice day.
    ppeters914 and 1Criz like this.
    11-25-15 03:15 AM
    If BB10 Stops I Will Be Moving to the moon
    11-25-15 05:08 AM
    If the end comes for BB10 then will probably move to Windows Phone,
    If BB10 ceases to be an option, I'll probably end up going in that direction as well.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    11-25-15 09:01 AM
    Smart phones to me are looking more and more like dumb computers. I expect that within two years you'll be able to carry a portable computer with wireless data/VOIP and ditch your dedicated, expensive, dumb handset altogether.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:24 AM
    This is a trick question. I'm sticking with my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:42 AM

Sorry for the long post, I'm just slightly disappointed with IOS and people (in general) do not realize how convenient BBOS10 is.
    I would agree that iOS is slightly disappointing and made me like the things I take for granted in BB10 even better.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:57 PM
    I just bought a Passport Silver Edition this month but if nothing happens with BB10 within a year or two I'll be moving to iOS also. I've given some thought to Windows Phone but they're in the same position as BB10 just with much more funding. I couldn't tolerate Android full-time so iOS it is. At least is has a pleasing and consistent design and better quality apps.
    11-26-15 07:28 PM
    After having a free and open file system that BB10 offered I find it hard to match on any other platform. This is truly the best way to enjoy a smartphone and use of storage, not to mention expandable storage which is somewhat restricted on Android since Kitkkat due to so called security.

Have to say I also enjoy having access to all the files on my computer at home from my Passport via Link.

I am riding out the BB10 ride as long as I can and am not giving in to the latest specs when my phone works as well as it did the first day I got it two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    11-27-15 07:03 AM
    After having a free and open file system that BB10 offered I find it hard to match on any other platform. This is truly the best way to enjoy a smartphone and use of storage, not to mention expandable storage which is somewhat restricted on Android since Kitkkat due to so called security.

Have to say I also enjoy having access to all the files on my computer at home from my Passport via Link.

I am riding out the BB10 ride as long as I can and am not giving in to the latest specs when my phone works as well as it did the first day I got it two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Plus simple sharing over network.
    We have been spoiled by BB10 when it comes to file management.

11-27-15 07:08 AM
    I will stay with BB10 as long as it works for me. Then it will be on to Windows Phone 10.
    jope28 and Killjoyhere like this.
    11-27-15 07:31 AM
    I'm on iOS and Android already. Finding iOS is more polished. You get use to the OS itself pretty quick if you open your mind to it....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 07:41 AM
    If BB10 Stops I Will Be Moving to iOS-30th-november-invite-microsoft.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-27-15 10:20 AM
    No mention of Ubuntu?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:51 PM
    11-27-15 11:59 PM
    Going to use my Passport and wait until iPhone 7 comes out and if they have gesture support, etc.
    11-28-15 12:51 AM
    No mention of Ubuntu?

Posted via CB10
    If someone makes a good Ubuntu phone with BB10 efficiency and security, then sure, that would be a candidate.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 10:52 AM
    No mention of Ubuntu?

Posted via CB10
    Ubuntu is even less popular overall than BB10 I would imagine, although that's probably the route ill take when my Q10 dies.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 05:19 AM
    Hopefully, the Windows mobile OS experience will have improved a bit when it becomes necessary to move on from an unsupported/under-supported BB10 device in a year or so.

Or, who knows, BlackBerry my have moved on from Android and have another "flavour-of-the-month" OS to foist on a gullible public by the time support for BB10 ends.
    11-29-15 06:47 AM
    If Chevrolet stops making cars I will be moving to Ford. Just wanted everybody to know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-29-15 07:08 AM
    If Chevrolet stops making cars I will be moving to Ford. Just wanted everybody to know.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    I think it's more like: "if internal combustible engines stop being used, I'll get an electric car. Hate those darn hybrids!".

Since the smartphone OS runs things. Darn eco-systems! lol

paulbbp likes this.
    11-29-15 07:32 AM
    Also I should do it. But I love BBOS 10 it is the better OS! So to be or not to be...this is the question!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 08:05 AM
    I've decided that if bb10 is going to stop receiving "full" support, I will be seeking an iphone to replace my passport rather than an android phone. Just because of the feel iOS has, I find it is more similar to bb10 than android is. Also seems les cluttered and easier to get used to. I've used Android for a few weeks and still wasn't getting the hang of it.

Posted via CB10

OK.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 09:06 AM
86 1234