I've decided that if bb10 is going to stop receiving "full" support, I will be seeking an iphone to replace my passport rather than an android phone. Just because of the feel iOS has, I find it is more similar to bb10 than android is. Also seems les cluttered and easier to get used to. I've used Android for a few weeks and still wasn't getting the hang of it.

But hopefully BlackBerry uses their android success to return to bb10 as well.

What will you guys do if bb10 support dies off soon? Android of iOS?

Edit: I understand bb10 will work until the phone quits... but I do not enjoy using dated software while other phones are constantly getting new features, looks, apps, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:02 PM
    Hello mate

Nice thinking you have. I have the same feeling too and I am thinkinig of switching to samsung s6 edge instead of iphone. I just dont like iphone.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:30 PM
    I'm on the fence but leaning towards an iP7. Reading up to see what the iP7 will offer along with iOS X. If they improve that horrible thing they call a keyboard I can live with messages opening in more than one app.
    Otherwise OnePlus Two or Three. Don't see the need to spend nearly a grand for a BlackBerry Android phone when a OPT will perform the same tasks at a fraction of the price.
    Thanks to XDA I'll side load the BlackBerry keyboard and hub - if it still works next year - and call it a day.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    11-23-15 02:52 PM
    If the end comes for BB10 then will probably move to Windows Phone,
    Q10Bold, jope28 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    11-23-15 03:08 PM
    I dunno. Most likely Windows Phone but I am still thinking about the Priv, which is the only Android phone I would consider.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 04:00 PM
    Already switched away. In all honesty, it was the app situation. I needed some apps for work. BlackBerry 10 didn't have them (even with Snap) so it was the end of the line.

I like BlackBerry 10 fine. It had some warts, but my iPhone actually has just as many.

But when you need some apps to do your job and they aren't there, what do you do?
    11-23-15 04:06 PM
    iOS is more similar to BB10 than Android?

In which universe? On which planet? On what continent? Written in which bible? And accepted by how many?

Senseless, nonetheless

Posted via CB10
    Quorist likes this.
    11-23-15 04:22 PM
    iOS is more similar to BB10 than Android?

In which universe? On which planet? On what continent? Written in which bible? And accepted by how many?

Senseless, nonetheless

Posted via CB10
    Looks and animations and professionalism, *IMO* Maybe next time try asking your question in a normal way, too.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 04:24 PM
    Apple is the last place I will go. I think that Windows is on the right track with the 950 XL and how it connects to any monitor or TV and turns it into a computer with the included adapter and bluetooth keyboard, which can be accompanied with a bluetooth mouse. This is the the innovation that makes people jump. IPhone hasn't changes since the 3G, no thanks lol.

Posted via CB10
    Quorist, jope28, grover5 and 2 others like this.
    11-23-15 08:59 PM
    Rather windows than ios or android kid phones
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    11-23-15 10:03 PM
    Apple is the last place I will go. I think that Windows is on the right track with the 950 XL and how it connects to any monitor or TV and turns it into a computer with the included adapter and bluetooth keyboard, which can be accompanied with a bluetooth mouse. This is the the innovation that makes people jump. IPhone hasn't changes since the 3G, no thanks lol.
    The problem with that is you've got a pile of adapters and cables to carry with your phone, then hope there's a keyboard and mouse where you need it. I'm not so sure it'll be much of a selling feature for most people.
    11-23-15 11:43 PM
    Let's see.

Apple - mostly looks childish, getting over-complicated with the more they cram into it. Design language through apps and OS needs a lot of work as they favour style over usability. And fail at both.

Android - It's a fustercluck of disjointed garbage. Design language through the OS and applications is worse than iOS (Please for the love of Christ, make buttons look like things you can tap on! I can't tell you how many times I've hit something accidentally only to find myself activating a feature).

Windows Phone - worse app situation than BB10, still a design and usability nightmare.

Frankly BB10 is the only platform that meets enough of my needs from each of the categories I deem important (UI design, usability, app selection, simplicity, etc...)

While iOS and Android have the apps, the usability is generally poor. Unless you don't value simplicity, finesse and quality...
    11-23-15 11:48 PM
    iPhone. Overall build quality, first party and third party support, and, of course, the apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 12:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Windows works well, but the Store gives you depression, unless for games!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 12:41 AM
    Unless there are significant improvements in usability, I can't see ever getting an iPhone. I have an iPad that I bought thinking it would be good for apps, games, and Web browsing, but the only thing I ever use it for is watching Netflix. Considering I could have bought two decent TVs for the same price, that seems a waste. Maybe it's just me, but I find everything about iOS to be inefficient and difficult to navigate. You have to hit the home button to do anything. Photos and videos are impossible to manage without connecting to a computer unless you pay Apple to store them for you. Apple keeps trying to drive you to their expensive services for everything. Good business model, but lousy user experience for me.

Hopefully Apple, Android or Windows phone will improve in the next few years, or maybe an alternative will emerge. If not, I may just go to a Surface Pro with VOIP as a single device and give up on so-called smart phones, which are just overpriced weak computers with half-baked OSes.

What I still love about BB10 is its out if the box core functionality. I'm pretty much done with mobile apps at this point. I'm almost always better off pulling out my laptop than trying to use my phone for real work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 01-28-16 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Language
    Kesharik4 likes this.
    11-24-15 12:57 AM
    Similar thinking here. However iOS have some serious limitations in the Exchange support. For example you cannot forward meeting invite created by someone else.
    Also the walled garden approach f.ex. on BB10 you have hdmi and miracast, on Apple you need to buy Apple TV for the same function...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 02:23 AM
    Why don't a manufacturer come out with a device for business that is like a small hand set linked to a laptop or tab, and like a small monitor with and earpiece and mic instead of the other way around? Lets face it, you can't use a mobile phone for writing or reading docs, even the PP. I have personally mis read so many docs on my passport, i.e. missed whole paragraphs etc due to scrolling.
    11-24-15 01:00 PM

Frankly BB10 is the only platform that meets enough of my needs from each of the categories I deem important (UI design, usability, app selection, simplicity, etc...)
    It is not OS10 that is problem, but if the app developers will stop maintaining their apps, OS is as good as dead. You can clearly see that with Facebook, api changed and FB app is crippled.

Me personally I will switch to WP, or Android BlackBerry device, Priv, Vienna...?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 01:32 PM
    You can clearly see that with Facebook, api changed and FB app is crippled.
    If you look at the sort of apps that weekend coders can crank out these days, there's no excuse for BlackBerry to have abandoned the Facebook app.
    11-24-15 01:43 PM
    Hell to the naw naw, to the naw naw naw!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    bigedschukar likes this.
    11-24-15 01:51 PM
    If you look at the sort of apps that weekend coders can crank out these days, there's no excuse for BlackBerry to have abandoned the Facebook app.
    BlackBerry has abandoned almost every app they've made for BlackBerry 10. If looking at "release date" Facebook doesn't show a date. Twitter doesn't show a date. Express (Mar 2015). Maps doesn't show a date. Bridge (Aug 2014 but makes sense why). Weather (Jan 2015). Virtual Expert (Dec 2014). Travel (Dec 2014). Yahoo Messenger (Oct 2013). Google Talk (Oct 2013). Docs 2 Go doesn't show a date. Print To Go (Sep 2013). Brick Breaker Bold (Dec 2014). Community (Dec 2014). Connect To Salesforce (Jul 2014).

To some these apps maybe perfect and don't need updates. That's fine but there's always room for improvement.

I realise cut backs and dev support has dropped big time over the last year, and this is one of many reasons why this has happened. But what does the company expect would happen if even they stopped supporting their own OS? BlackBerry should have looked into paying weekend devs to build apps.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    11-24-15 02:40 PM
    I think it might have been better if they hadn't bothered with so many copycat apps and just focused on core functionality (phone, email, contacts, tasks, notes, text, camera, audio, video, five management and a great browser for social networking). I feel the same way about the Android runtime.

At least they would have had a clear differentiation position as a "pure" integrated smartphone that just worked without needing to trust a bunch of amateur and unknown app "developers."

Sure it could have cost them millions of consumer sales, but I wonder how many left anyway, and I think they lost most ot might have attracted others who are tired of the faux "choices" on its and Android. After all, it would have given them a chance to execute a simpler business plan better.

Business strategy 101 says, if you're following a market leader with your product or service, you need to be a very "fast follower" and make a product that is either better, cheaper, or, preferably, both.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-24-15 03:20 PM
    The problem with that is you've got a pile of adapters and cables to carry with your phone, then hope there's a keyboard and mouse where you need it. I'm not so sure it'll be much of a selling feature for most people.
    I would think you would leave your setup where you plan on using it when needed like at home office or work and you can have two sets. Besides the hub for the plugs and the foldable keyboard is very small so I don't see the issue but it you want to nit-pic I guess. I don't see a problem.

The app gap could be in the past with the new software Microsoft offers to Developers to port their android or iOS apps over. This phone and concept is looking very promising.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    11-24-15 06:00 PM
    I would think you would leave your setup where you plan on using it when needed like at home office or work and you can have two sets. Besides the hub for the plugs and the foldable keyboard is very small so I don't see the issue but it you want to nit-pic I guess. I don't see a problem.

The app gap could be in the past with the new software Microsoft offers to Developers to port their android or iOS apps over. This phone and concept is looking very promising.
    Except Microsoft has delayed, perhaps killed Android app support: Microsoft's Windows 10 phones won't get Android app ports anytime soon | PCWorld

I don't see too many people replacing their PC with a Windows phone.
    11-24-15 06:09 PM
    Let's see.

Apple - mostly looks childish, getting over-complicated with the more they cram into it. Design language through apps and OS needs a lot of work as they favour style over usability. And fail at both.

Android - It's a fustercluck of disjointed garbage. Design language through the OS and applications is worse than iOS (Please for the love of Christ, make buttons look like things you can tap on! I can't tell you how many times I've hit something accidentally only to find myself activating a feature).

Windows Phone - worse app situation than BB10, still a design and usability nightmare.

While iOS and Android have the apps, the usability is generally poor. Unless you don't value simplicity, finesse and quality...
    Omg this +10000000, I'm really worried where to go once my passport is shut down for good. The Priv is a mess as well as of now

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 07:33 PM
86 123 ...