With the rumors increasing about Google play store on blackberry 10 and most of them have been confirmed. If if turns out to be true, definitely new developers would move away from native BB10 application development, instead depend on play store. So it directly points out that we wont have any native application, so we would have laggy and unorganized android apps to be run on android player?

If I need android apps why wont i buy a android phone, with mind blowing specs(People say)? So blackberry is trying be another android oem??

Even if some developers are interested on porting there apps to bb10 would definitely give up!? So no native temple run, instagram, ... ?

What do you say? Will gogle play store ruin bb10 native support?

If BB10 gets play store, will blackberry world be abandoned?
    Last edited by ronaksuper; 11-11-13 at 10:06 AM.
    11-11-13 09:49 AM
    People will always prefer native applications, and if the Play Store causes BlackBerry market share to go up, there will be an increased demand for native applications. So to answer your question, not entirely. In part, yes, but if BlackBerry is successful we'll see developers developing for BB10 too.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:52 AM
    Even if blackberry is successful, why would developer waste his time developing same app which could be downloaded from playstore??
    Even if blackberry succeeds Google play store will still have have greater market share and they still for go android development...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:55 AM
    I really cannot see the point of putting the play store on BB10 - if people wanted Android apps surely they would buy an Android phone. Additionally, I cannot see how it would help Blackberry's market share go up. It would just mean that people would download the play store apps (which are generally cheaper than Blackberry World).
    Wasn't there a boast a little while ago that Blackberry made more money from it's app store than Google did?? If Google play came to BB10, that would surely kill the Blackberry app store.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    11-11-13 10:00 AM
    That's the point, how much ever BlackBerry pays developers they won't be interested after play store lands on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 10:03 AM
    it still exist and come preinstalled with BB10 phone...but it's not gonna be important or significant same as samsung app store or LG app store

BB world became a niche BB10 apps store, some small developers who focus on developing BB10 apps will use BB10 world as their main store maybe S4BB, Blackgram developers et cut it will have some smaller percentage and BB will neglect BB world

like it or not the agreement will benefit BB, but this deal make Google have upper hand and some leverage on BB10.
    11-11-13 10:09 AM
    Exactly!

I really cannot see the point of putting the play store on BB10 - if people wanted Android apps surely they would buy an Android phone. Additionally, I cannot see how it would help Blackberry's market share go up. It would just mean that people would download the play store apps (which are generally cheaper than Blackberry World).
    Wasn't there a boast a little while ago that Blackberry made more money from it's app store than Google did?? If Google play came to BB10, that would surely kill the Blackberry app store.
    11-11-13 11:20 AM
    I really cannot see the point of putting the play store on BB10 - if people wanted Android apps surely they would buy an Android phone.
    That's exactly the problem. Most people surely are buying the Android phones, and access to Google Play and Google services is a big reason for that. BlackBerry is struggling to compete with their own app store which isn't as well stocked.

If Google play came to BB10, that would surely kill the Blackberry app store.
    I think they would have to rethink their own store. I would have it focus exclusively on high quality, well vetted, native apps.
    11-11-13 11:54 AM