"approving" app updates in BBWORLD?
    Is it automated or is there literally someone on the payrole.

Discuss amongst yourself and add any more endings to the thread title you wish.

(please kindly consider not replying if you are only going to mention such well known commentary such as "it's dead", or "the last OS build was X months ago", or "the market share is miserable" or "TCL", etc...)

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and FF22 like this.
    07-06-17 04:48 PM
    'The Machine'.......................................... ..you know like in 'Person of Interest'.....

No in all seriousness it would be good to know right ? specially when using BBOS 10 only, no BlackDroid for me no sir....
    07-06-17 05:20 PM
    I imagine BlackBerry will have at least an employee taking care of BlackBerry World. I also imagine that employee will expend his working hours playing Candy Crush Saga on his android device.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 05:27 PM
    Likely done by co-op students working for cheap.

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-06-17 05:38 PM
    Get a KeyONE and you won't have to worry about a dead OS. No one at blackberry even knows that Blackberry World still exists, man.

(Paid by the Committee of Concerned Shareholders to Save John Chen (who's out of the hardware business anyway so it doesn't even matter since he's earning bank for bbry by selling navigational equipment to 500 truckers).)

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 08:48 PM
    You assumed there was a rigorous approval process in the first place. There wasn't, so a couple people who look at apps between whatever their main job is would suffice.
    07-06-17 09:00 PM
    Get a KeyONE and you won't have to worry about a dead OS. No one at blackberry even knows that Blackberry World still exists, man.
    lol, I will refer you to OP, last paragraph

Posted via CB10
    playfoot, skinnymike1 and Anilu7 like this.
    07-06-17 10:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Some people are just angry they got Rip Van Winkled.....
    07-06-17 10:16 PM
    I was wondering the same thing the second I headed into this forum. Let's see if a real developer gives us some feedback.
    07-06-17 10:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Free country, man! Did I mention that BB10 is dead? (Haha!)

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-07-17 04:01 AM
    It's not completely done. The basement guys have prepped a new build, check the Leaked/Beta section.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-07-17 03:53 PM
    Recently I was wondering the same thing AND if it is necessary to download / purchase everything I think necessary before the site is shutdown for good . . .
    07-08-17 01:47 AM
    BlackBerry World is... nothing. It's just... I don't know why it exists really. Well I'm sure there are a few apps in there that are necessary, but they should have just limited it to providing a few important apps for BB instead of being a portal for junk no one wants.

But as for as BB 10 OS, you can still buy phones with it and it's still advertised on the website's front page, so it's not a surprise that someone is taking care of it, even the mostly useless World store.
    07-08-17 02:05 AM

(Paid by the Committee of Concerned Shareholders to Save John Chen (who's out of the hardware business anyway so it doesn't even matter since he's earning bank for bbry by selling navigational equipment to 500 truckers).)

Posted via CB10
    Going to be honest, unless the KeyOne really is that much better than the Priv, I'm considering going back to my Passport, since I don't use a lot of the wild and crazy Android apps that don't work on BB10, and I realized that most of the quality of life updates that would have come with Nougat already exist on BB10.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-08-17 11:07 AM
    But as for as BB 10 OS, you can still buy phones with it and it's still advertised on the website's front page, so it's not a surprise that someone is taking care of it, even the mostly useless World store.
    All BlackBerry devices, including both BlackBerry Android and BB10, have been completely sold out.

Future devices (including the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Aurora) will only be available from licencees and their distribution channels.
    07-08-17 12:00 PM
    I am extremely bummed out. ALL music services I subscribe to have deleted their app from BB World. I did not know this until yesterday when trying to put them on a new device.

I wish they would leave the old apps there with a note of warning that they're no longer updated. I have a real problem with using Google Play. Don't want it, won't take it.

So, RadioTunes, Jazz Radio, Rdio, and last time I checked, Pandora all work well through the browser. Not Slacker, but it's still working great on my BB7 and I will keep it until that ends.

Those are 100% of the apps I pay a subscription to, oh plus Calm Radio which still has a BB10 app (Thank You!).

So I am still happy in BB10 but feel like I'll be going into survival mode later on.
    07-08-17 03:38 PM
    correction: I don't believe Rdio charges a paid subscription version.
    07-08-17 03:40 PM
    All BlackBerry devices, including both BlackBerry Android and BB10, have been completely sold out.

Future devices (including the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Aurora) will only be available from licencees and their distribution channels.
    That's not true. Here in the Netherlands, I can still buy BlackBerry Android and BB10 devices so they're not sold out everywhere just yet.

Edit: oh wait, you're talking about BlackBerry's own store. Yes, you're right about that.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    07-08-17 03:45 PM
    ... keeping BlackBerry 10 OS alive? The users who love it. BBM and community groups abound as a great place for BB10 users and fans to gather and share. Some of us just don't like Android.
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-19-17 04:23 PM
    Hope someone to save BB10

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-20-17 07:23 AM