If they do, I would never go with BlackBerry again. This company betrayed all the loyal users who believed and loved the BB10 Os. Chen killed BB10 for android crap.

Posted via CB10

Chen didn't kill BB10. Chen actually made an effort by bringing back the passport that was suposed to be "killed" to try to spice the market up. But guess what, they didn't sell enought. If anyone killed blackberry, it was previous managements that take WAY TOO LONG to give a proper answer to Iphone and Android.

Iphone launched in 2007, Android in 2008, and Blackberry only reacted with the BB10 launch in 2013!!!! Even microsoft is strugling hard with Windows phone that realeased in late 2010. Blackberry arrived late to the party when everybody was happy with their Android and IOS devices, and didn't feel any need to change
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-03-16 at 02:58 AM.
    09-02-16 09:29 AM
    *****!

Chen didn't kill BB10. Chen actually made an effort by bringing back the passport that was suposed to be "killed" to try to spice the market up. But guess what, they didn't sell enought. If anyone killed blackberry, it was previous managements that take WAY TOO LONG to give a proper answer to Iphone and Android.

Iphone launched in 2007, Android in 2008, and Blackberry only reacted with the BB10 launch in 2013!!!! Even microsoft is strugling hard with Windows phone that realeased in late 2010. Blackberry arrived late to the party when everybody was happy with their Android and IOS devices, and didn't feel any need to change
    But, but, it makes me feel better to believe it was a conspiracy!
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-02-16 at 10:47 AM. Reason: quote
    09-02-16 10:06 AM
    I think this appropriate
    You forgot the most important, Just move on and forget about BlackBerry, Lots of great options out there.
    09-02-16 10:14 AM
    Developing a proprietary OS like BB10 costs hundred of millions of dollars, they lose it all by switching to Android, very bad move in my humble opinion.
    Read up on the "sunk cost fallacy".
    09-02-16 10:25 AM
    IF, BIG "IF" today BB made an official announcement that BB10 would no longer supported by BB, no updates, no tweaks, etc. what would you do?
    I already did it. No need to wait for an official announcement. I moved on. I'm enjoying BB Hub+ on my OnePlus One, and will continue to do so on whatever my next Android device turns out to be. I hope it'll be a BlackBerry, but it might not be.
    09-02-16 11:17 AM
    The writing on wall is bold n clear.
    Depends whether someone want to see accept or deny.
    BB10 user have just 2 options
    Live with BB10 till it fails suites you
    Move on Android_Plenty of choices but same thing anyway
    or iOS the other choice.
    May try Tizen, Selfish too.
    09-02-16 11:30 AM
    IF, BIG "IF" today BB made an official announcement that BB10 would no longer supported by BB, no updates, no tweaks, etc. what would you do?
    Wonder why they were being honest with their customers for the first time.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    09-02-16 11:35 AM
    I'd go with BlackPhone.
    09-02-16 08:15 PM
    If BlackBerry made an official statement that they ended support for OS 10, I'd honestly have to buy a Lumia, LG, Samsung or Asus. Developers, even the ones that are still committed at this point, would stop updating the current native applications we have, which would then then cause the phone to become a slow, cumbersome, buggy mess. I love OS 10, and still plan to use it even after the ending of Whatsapp, but if everything stops, then that's a problem that just can't be ignored.
    09-02-16 08:38 PM
    Developing a proprietary OS like BB10 costs hundred of millions of dollars, they lose it all by switching to Android, very bad move in my humble opinion.
    Chen should had focused in enterprise market and top tier security, investing all their assets in marketing positioning BlackBerry as the ideal business device (not for playing like iOS or Android)

As soon as iPhone 7 is out I am abandoning BlackBerry forever after almost 12 years of unconditional commitment to the brand.
    Then you would get this:
    IF BB Made Official Statement That BB10 Would No Longer Be Supported?-blackberry-playbook-amateur-hour-over.png

We all know how that played out
    Marketing is not their strongest point and never has been in the past 7-8 years or so it seems
    Last edited by eldricho; 09-03-16 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-03-16 12:09 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if BBOS still has more active users than BB10. And unlike BB10, BIS is still earning BlackBerry at least a bit of money.
    I'm sure this is the case but that's from what I read on Crackberry. For myself, BB10 is fine as long as it works. BB7 is still fine with me too, except I got to liking a fast browser right on my phone, even though I don't need it.

I would rather plug a BB10 into a monitor than have a 'regular' computer anymore, too, and it's quite good enough for that too. We're mostly crying over milk that's about to be spilt here, hey, nothing lasts forever ad it's all here for us while it is here.

It's not like our BB's are going to stop working anytime soon, with or without updates, and we have at least one more promised update coming... I think.
    09-03-16 12:25 AM
    They kinda did. They said "BB10 will continue to be supported for another two years" - about a year ago.
    09-03-16 04:55 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if BBOS still has more active users than BB10.
    True. I regularly see people on the streets using a classic (as in: BBOS6 or 7) BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-04-16 12:01 AM
    BB issuing a clear statement about its intentions? I hate science fiction, I refuse to answer.
    09-04-16 12:22 AM
    But yet you did.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-04-16 08:05 AM
    Honestly, I think posing the question is almost as dangerous as it happening. It's like your spouse asking "you how would you feel if you caught them having an affair". The answer should be obvious.
    What good does raising that question do to the relationship. You would have to wonder the reason for the question and giving the wrong answer may facilitate undesirable actions.
    If they have it in mind to do it, would my response prevent it. Because when it comes to our love for BB10, BlackBerry seems to had made up it's mind even before asking.

A BlackBerry Fan
    Last edited by KNEBB; 09-12-16 at 03:14 AM.
    09-04-16 08:29 AM
41 12