IF, BIG "IF" today BB made an official announcement that BB10 would no longer supported by BB, no updates, no tweaks, etc. what would you do? In other words, they would merely let BB10 exist forever. They merely committed to never actually shut it down but commited to keep it alive.

Cry, get mad, sell all your BB stuff, buy more BB10 devices, buy more BBRY, switch to iOS, go Android, go BB Android, do nothing, etc.?

I'd buy another Classic and PPSE. Call me stupid?
    Searchy and eylee like this.
    09-01-16 08:58 AM
    stupid

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-03-16 at 02:43 AM.
    paulsebastiant likes this.
    09-01-16 09:07 AM
    If they do, I would never go with BlackBerry again. This company betrayed all the loyal users who believed and loved the BB10 Os. Chen killed BB10 for android crap.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-01-16 09:19 AM
    I think this appropriate
    Attached Thumbnails IF BB Made Official Statement That BB10 Would No Longer Be Supported?-1472739667759.jpg  
    09-01-16 09:21 AM
    What COULD you do?
    Not much, really.
    I prefer BB10 over IOS, Android, and other systems... and will continue using it, as long as it still makes sense to do so.
    If support is removed and eventually I'm lost for what are now basic features on most phones to continue working productively, then I'll have to start searching for a replacement.

Posted from by BlackBerry Passport
    09-01-16 09:48 AM
    If they do, I would never go with BlackBerry again. This company betrayed all the loyal users who believed and loved the BB10 Os. Chen killed BB10 for android crap.

Posted via CB10
    It's really tiresome to hear this regular bleating about being betrayed. For crying out loud, BB is TRYING TO STAY ALIVE by switching direction to Android.
    Ok, they goofed with BB10 and lost market share, lost momentum. If they had STAYED with ONLY BB10, then BB would be OUT OF BUSINESS. GONE. Bankrupt.

Instead, they are making a new path forward. Yes, there's some blood on the ground - that's unfortunate. Did you read anywhere that life was going to be entirely fair?

And, by all means, please feel free to submit YOUR name to the board of directors to replace Chen, since you're so much smarter than him.
    09-01-16 10:31 AM
    It's really tiresome to hear this regular bleating about being betrayed. For crying out loud, BB is TRYING TO STAY ALIVE by switching direction to Android.
    Ok, they goofed with BB10 and lost market share, lost momentum. If they had STAYED with ONLY BB10, then BB would be OUT OF BUSINESS. GONE. Bankrupt.

Instead, they are making a new path forward. Yes, there's some blood on the ground - that's unfortunate. Did you read anywhere that life was going to be entirely fair?

And, by all means, please feel free to submit YOUR name to the board of directors to replace Chen, since you're so much smarter than him.
    Well then with going Android,
    did Chen succeed in turning the Handset business in profit? NO
    Was Priv a Success? NO
    Did Priv sold more then bb10 device? NO.
    Even going Android was Chen focusing on Consumers? No
    Is Android Secure then BB10? NO

BB10 is almost Dead? YES, (just waiting for BlackBerry to officially announce it)

How many new users switch from their samsung or apple to BlackBerry Priv just bcoz it andorid?

BlackBerry commitment to bb10 is just in words, BB10 is just like BBOS now, with no further development, no new features and no updates. Surely my 9810 Torch still work for me calls,text, emails are still can be done in BBOS, same is the fate of bb10 now.

Going to Android will give bb10 devices life? NO, it won't. Either way, BB10 is just like BBOS, so enjoy the great os till it work. Chen killed it that's fact. Wish BlackBerry don't play the double wording game with their loyal Fans.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-01-16 12:29 PM
    You'd think they'd euthanize BBOS and BIS first.
    09-01-16 12:34 PM
    I'd find it amusing, personally, because of the number of serial complainers who would actually pretend to be shocked by such news.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-01-16 01:20 PM
    I'll wait until the MS Surface phone comes out and grab that.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    09-01-16 01:24 PM
    Now is a good time for Microsoft to scoop up BlackBerry. With their money QNX could be put to good use. Microsoft isn't going anywhere.

09-01-16 01:28 PM
    They've already made the statement repeatedly by the continued support of BB10 and then never rolling out 10.3.3 after 3-4 delays with no real explanation. Convinced me to move to Android. But Chen was honest about move to Android 18 months ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-01-16 01:31 PM
    Well then with going Android,
    did Chen succeed in turning the Handset business in profit? NO
    Was Priv a Success? NO
    Did Priv sold more then bb10 device? NO.
    Even going Android was Chen focusing on Consumers? No
    Is Android Secure then BB10? NO

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    09-01-16 01:35 PM
    Developing a proprietary OS like BB10 costs hundred of millions of dollars, they lose it all by switching to Android, very bad move in my humble opinion.
    Chen should had focused in enterprise market and top tier security, investing all their assets in marketing positioning BlackBerry as the ideal business device (not for playing like iOS or Android)

As soon as iPhone 7 is out I am abandoning BlackBerry forever after almost 12 years of unconditional commitment to the brand.
    09-01-16 01:41 PM
    I agree with Glwerry, id rather see bb stay alive, hopefully in the future, they will be able to incorporate functions that we love on bb with the Android format.
    09-01-16 01:43 PM
    Chen should had focused in enterprise market and top tier security, investing all their assets in marketing positioning BlackBerry as the ideal business device (not for playing like iOS or Android)
    That's basically what they've been doing since 2013,

BlackBerry to retreat from consumer market, lay off 4,500 employees | The Verge
    09-01-16 02:03 PM
    You'd think they'd euthanize BBOS and BIS first.
    I wouldn't be surprised if BBOS still has more active users than BB10. And unlike BB10, BIS is still earning BlackBerry at least a bit of money.
    09-01-16 02:36 PM
    I would keep using my current BlackBerry devices until they ceased to function in the way that I require them to do so for my communication needs.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-01-16 02:41 PM
    I'll wait until the MS Surface phone comes out and grab that.

Microsoft on phones might just stay alive because it's basically subsidized by Android lol

Attachment 407608

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-01-16 02:46 PM
    I'd stay. I've been with webOS for a looooooong time (a few years) after it got Apotheker'd so I've been in this situation before and I don't regret it. So I'm not gonna regret staying with BB10 for a looooooong time when it gets Chenned either.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    09-01-16 02:56 PM
    I'd stay. I've been with webOS for a looooooong time (a few years) after it got Apotheker'd so I've been in this situation before and I don't regret it. So I'm not gonna regret staying with BB10 for a looooooong time when it gets Chenned either.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    That's basically what I'm thinking.

Vistaus and Flatman like this.
    09-01-16 03:21 PM
    That's basically what they've been doing since 2013,

BlackBerry to retreat from consumer market, lay off 4,500 employees | The Verge
    As someone in a regulated industry and having tried to work with BB again at a new hardware investment cycle after, having left BB0S, I would disagree. However, that is just the experience of me and some of our competitors. . . .
    09-01-16 09:37 PM
    Microsoft on phones might just stay alive because it's basically subsidized by Android lol

Attachment 407608

That's interesting. In the end they all owe Microsoft. Even BlackBerry. I do see a way for BlackBerry to make money on the software side. If they could get that DTEK software perfect and totally secure android then I say sell it as a software package for a one time fee of $100. If people really want a secure android they people could buy a life time license to work on any android phone they have. Blackberry could quit the hardware business then. You could still have your BlackBerry in any android phone. I'd like to see it on the new Note 7. Put it on 1-2 billion android phones. That's a lot of money for BlackBerry.

09-02-16 05:01 AM
    I believe the day they'll drop BB10 we will be close to its goodness within Android.
    I know several things won't match, I do miss BB10 (OS wise) almost every day.
    But that's how it is.

So BlackBerry Android and my SE 'till it lasts !
    09-02-16 08:09 AM
    I'd keep using my Q10, buy replacement batteries as needed, consider a Passport at some point, and be pleasantly surprised that BB provided direct communication about something that most of us already know to be true.
    09-02-16 08:12 AM
41 12