This email goes directly to the development team at BlackBerry. You won't get a reply but they read them all.

Trusted Member Genius

Edit: This email address is for those of us that would like BlackBerry to know our ideas and recommendations. I have been sending emails to them for the last 5 months. I have seen 4 os changes that I personally suggested. I'm sure others had asked for those same changes and/or additions but if you don't ask, you don't get. Send them some of your ideas and see if the ones you send get added to our systems.
    10-07-13 11:58 PM
    Thanks for the share.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 12:19 AM
    Thanks, I have sent an email to them previously. It would be nice to get a reply even if it is automated though.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 12:33 AM
    thanks for this mate
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 12:39 AM
    thank you for sharing...
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the email address. Much easier than hoping someone from there sees posts we've made here.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 10:57 AM
    Nice, ty for sharing

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 11:03 AM
    Problem is that I have to have the latest os in order to send them a valid suggestion. Idk what's new in the new os'

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:04 AM
    Problem is that I have to have the latest os in order to send them a valid suggestion. Idk what's new in the new os'

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. If it's a bug, make a post here and we'll let you know if it can be fixed, is fixed in a future release, or it's still present. If it's a feature request, just go ahead and send it. The more requests they get for a certain feature, the more likely they'll implement it.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 11:25 AM
    This is a great share, thanks!

May send off a few things

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-08-13 11:53 AM
    I actually suggested a direct feedback app or area in the OS to Michael Clewley just last week so it looks like they are listening as this has now been added to the beta zone app. I think it is a very important addition as it allows all users to submit feedback directly back to blackberry. I think it can be used for all areas of blackberry not just beta apps, at least that's what I will be using it for.

I would like to see it as a two way channel so they ask for our feedback in specific areas via short surveys as well and have a ranking area that shows the most requested features, I have already suggested both of these via the app already.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 12:19 AM
    Thanks Gearheadaddy, I wasn't aware such email address existed.
    I have a feeling now they'd get much more of the emails
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 03:55 AM
    Are we supposed to send bug reports / features that do not work properly in existing apps to this email address as well, or is it only for "new" ideas and recommendations? I would really like them to fix the footnote problem with the native Word to Go app, but am not sure that the idea mailbox is the right place to send that feedback.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 08:46 AM
    Are we supposed to send bug reports / features that do not work properly in existing apps to this email address as well, or is it only for "new" ideas and recommendations? I would really like them to fix the footnote problem with the native Word to Go app, but am not sure that the idea mailbox is the right place to send that feedback.
    I believe this is designed for new ideas, but it is basically a straight line to the devs. The problem with bug reports is that it is often a specific scenario or it doesn't affect all users, and there needs to be two-way communication. This account will not write you back. A better channel for those that use Twitter would be to tweet @BlackBerryHelp, as they can DM you and ask for specifics if necessary.

However, in your case, it sounds like more of a missing feature, is it not? If you're certain that it is something that affects all users, go ahead and send it in.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 09:12 AM
    I don't know what is the problem with world of goo, so if I am wrong please disregard my post, but is it not rather the game developer issue?
    10-09-13 09:24 AM
    I don't know what is the problem with world of goo, so if I am wrong please disregard my post, but is it not rather the game developer issue?
    No. I'm referring to the native documents to go application that comes with the OS 10 software -- the Word application does not show footnotes in Word docs. Technically the application is developed by DataViz, but BB owns part of DataViz from what I recall.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 09:45 AM
    No. I'm referring to the native documents to go application that comes with the OS 10 software -- the Word application does not show footnotes in Word docs. Technically the application is developed by DataViz, but BB owns part of DataViz from what I recall.
    BB owns all of DataViz. DataViz has DTG on BB10, Apple, and Google.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-09-13 10:05 AM
    He said "Word To Go"...not "World of Goo"
    10-10-13 01:13 AM
    He said "Word To Go"...not "World of Goo"
    Yes, I figured it out after RedSwedishFish replied...
    Time to change my font size, I guess....
    10-10-13 07:33 AM
    As of today, I know where to land my ideas for future features on my device. Thanks mate.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    10-10-13 07:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think they want you to check out the new OS and see if ur "bug" is fixed in that since u r using an older OS!

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    11-13-13 07:17 PM
    My idea is quite simple.

I think Blackberry should insist that they add "Powered by Blackberry" to the dashboards of autos that have QNX Infotainment software installed. 99.99% of people have no idea what QNX is. Blackberry needs all the branding it can get. People spend hours in their autos everyday. So, why not insist that Ford, GM, BMW, etc., put a small Blackberry logo on the dashboard where the infotainment centre is. "Powered by Blackberry" and a logo would stare back at 70% of drivers. Apple pastes it's logo everywhere. Blackberry needs to do the same, and since Blackberry owns QNX and is in 70% of new autos (now that Ford dropped MSFT), then why not put a Blackberry logo and a "Powered by Blackberry" somewhere on the dashboard.

It's not like auto manufacturers are paying a lot of money for the QNX Infotainment software.
    So, insist that Blackberry gets to put it's logo in the car.

**If you installed a Sony or Bose stereo in a car, there would be a logo and brand name to go with it.

Why not a Blackberry logo too?
    menshawy, LoneStarRed and CDM76 like this.
    12-15-14 06:13 AM
    My idea is quite simple.

I think Blackberry should insist that they add "Powered by Blackberry" to the dashboards of autos that have QNX Infotainment software installed. 99.99% of people have no idea what QNX is. Blackberry needs all the branding it can get. People spend hours in their autos everyday. So, why not insist that Ford, GM, BMW, etc., put a small Blackberry logo on the dashboard where the infotainment centre is. "Powered by Blackberry" and a logo would stare back at 70% of drivers. Apple pastes it's logo everywhere. Blackberry needs to do the same, and since Blackberry owns QNX and is in 70% of new autos (now that Ford dropped MSFT), then why not put a Blackberry logo and a "Powered by Blackberry" somewhere on the dashboard.

It's not like auto manufacturers are paying a lot of money for the QNX Infotainment software.

**If you installed a Sony or Bose stereo in a car, there would be a logo and brand name to go with it.

Completely agree with you there sir

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-15-14 08:45 AM
    I made another mention of fixing the BBM emoticons in an email to them, not sure it'll do anything but I'm really trying to be persistent with this..

It's interesting how many people have said they want bbm fixed yet they refuse to go to the ICMIB site and actually upvote the fix :/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-15-14 08:57 AM
    My idea is quite simple.

Although I agree, it would be self serving only. The reason they add Sony, Microsoft and Bove to the car is to help them sell a car and not for the manufacturer to simply advertise. People seek out a Sony system, they want Bove sound, they think having Microsoft running their infotainment is a good idea.

If you add "Powered by BlackBerry " most would just ask if they can have one powered by something else since they don't own a BlackBerry (according to market share reports).

Before BlackBerry can brag about being THE infotainment system that all cars should have, they need to make everyone believe it first so that it becomes a selling point and not just advertising.

I know, it's a chicken and egg situation, but IMO its the truth.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    03-25-15 07:22 AM
38 12