My apologies for bumping this thread as it's a bit outdated, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if BlackBerry are still accepting feature requests through this email address?
    03-29-15 08:14 PM
    My apologies for bumping this thread as it's a bit outdated, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if BlackBerry are still accepting feature requests through this email address?
    As far as I am aware, this Inbox should still be open. But the last time I send something in this way, is 5 months ago

If you get no Error Message within 3 Minutes after sending an eMail, it is still open.

But don't expect an answer: They never reply. But every Input is being read.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.2.B
    03-29-15 10:31 PM
    My idea is quite simple.

I think Blackberry should insist that they add "Powered by Blackberry" to the dashboards of autos that have QNX Infotainment software installed. 99.99% of people have no idea what QNX is. Blackberry needs all the branding it can get. People spend hours in their autos everyday. So, why not insist that Ford, GM, BMW, etc., put a small Blackberry logo on the dashboard where the infotainment centre is. "Powered by Blackberry" and a logo would stare back at 70% of drivers. Apple pastes it's logo everywhere. Blackberry needs to do the same, and since Blackberry owns QNX and is in 70% of new autos (now that Ford dropped MSFT), then why not put a Blackberry logo and a "Powered by Blackberry" somewhere on the dashboard.

It's not like auto manufacturers are paying a lot of money for the QNX Infotainment software.
    So, insist that Blackberry gets to put it's logo in the car.

**If you installed a Sony or Bose stereo in a car, there would be a logo and brand name to go with it.

Why not a Blackberry logo too?
    You're not the only one that has proposed this on the boards. The issue is that QNX as a brand remains silent and I'll entertain as a whim originally their business model BlackBerry was due to their former roots and contracts under an actual.infotainment company - the name.escapes me currently.

However now the issue is they've waited far too long allowing Co branding with the Car companies like Audio for over 12yrs as well as GM's OnStar and.now.3rd party branding with Apple and Android.

Any possibility is gone for.this to happen. Well they could enforce it however that may also force.them.out of the market at a very rapid pace if it takes longer than 2yrs.for Apple and Android to.learn the subsystems.

Don't knock either as Apple is a huge innovative technology company (FireWire = IEEE1392, and now USB-C which Google already licensed with the Pixel HD laptop running Chrome), apple does hardware and software in unison and they've fought long and hard and earned their success. I don't care about anyone's hate for them do the research heavily and shut down your blinders their.not playing the slow.game here. Google is a pure.software company and they too could erk QNX out of car infotainment systems.

It's a bigger market now and they want their cut. BlackBerry needs to act very fast on this.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:39 PM
    As far as I am aware, this Inbox should still be open. But the last time I send something in this way, is 5 months ago

If you get no Error Message within 3 Minutes after sending an eMail, it is still open.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.2.B
    Seems like that to me, they've incorporated a couple of my ideas over the years

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-30-15 12:08 AM
    You're not the only one that has proposed this on the boards. The issue is that QNX as a brand remains silent and I'll entertain as a whim originally their business model BlackBerry was due to their former roots and contracts under an actual.infotainment company - the name.escapes me currently.

However now the issue is they've waited far too long allowing Co branding with the Car companies like Audio for over 12yrs as well as GM's OnStar and.now.3rd party branding with Apple and Android.

Any possibility is gone for.this to happen. Well they could enforce it however that may also force.them.out of the market at a very rapid pace if it takes longer than 2yrs.for Apple and Android to.learn the subsystems.

Don't knock either as Apple is a huge innovative technology company (FireWire = IEEE1392, and now USB-C which Google already licensed with the Pixel HD laptop running Chrome), apple does hardware and software in unison and they've fought long and hard and earned their success. I don't care about anyone's hate for them do the research heavily and shut down your blinders their.not playing the slow.game here. Google is a pure.software company and they too could erk QNX out of car infotainment systems.

It's a bigger market now and they want their cut. BlackBerry needs to act very fast on this.

Posted via CB10
    Just saying, all of those extra periods made that very difficult to read sir.

I'm just going to focus on one of your points here, the point about Google taking over the car systems.

If the car systems are all running Android as their base, and they're all interconnected online the way that most new cars with good infotainment systems are these days, this means that your car is just as insecure as any Android phone, which is pretty freaking insecure. . .

Aannnddd I have to point out, your Apple comment about USB Type-C.. it makes me laugh. Apple may be pushing it, but this has got to be the absolute biggest cash grab I've ever seen from them! They offer an already expensive laptop, but on top of that, all of your old devices will no longer work without an adapter that has yet to be released, but will be likely ~$50. Then since it only has one plug, assuming you want to plug it in to charge and plug in a thumb drive, charge a phone, and have a wifi keyboard+mouse dongle, and another for a HDMI monitor. That right there is 5 USB-C split adapters at ~$50 a pop. That's just to have your stuff you already bought work with it.

I get them using Type-C, but a single port was NOT a good idea.

Anywho, back on topic..

03-30-15 12:24 AM
    Just saying, all of those extra periods made that very difficult to read sir.

I'm just going to focus on one of your points here, the point about Google taking over the car systems.
    First off "Just saying, all of those extra periods made that very difficult to read sir" ... that was due to typos ... lately I've a habit of typing on Z30 keyboard exactly like I do on phsycial PC keyboard yet unfortunately the space bar with my right hand keeps hitting the period "." and after a few words I'd rather not back swipe to start over or place cursor in-between each letter - even a trackpad would not help much.

If the car systems are all running Android as their base, and they're all interconnected online the way that most new cars with good infotainment systems are these days, this means that your car is just as insecure as any Android phone, which is pretty freaking insecure. . .
    This has NOTHING to do with being secure or not! I stated they have a SERIOUS chance at replacing QNX if BlackBerry enforces the brand to co-exist or above all others! Let's try to stay on the topic here.
    Regarding security BlackBerry with KNOX - already implemented in Android 5.x is taken care of with workspaces. read up on it. There is no reason EVERY component of Android is implemented into a car lol. We're talking subsystems here not a phone OS.

Aannnddd I have to point out, your Apple comment about USB Type-C.. it makes me laugh. Apple may be pushing it, but this has got to be the absolute biggest cash grab I've ever seen from them! They offer an already expensive laptop, but on top of that, all of your old devices will no longer work without an adapter that has yet to be released, but will be likely ~$50. Then since it only has one plug, assuming you want to plug it in to charge and plug in a thumb drive, charge a phone, and have a wifi keyboard+mouse dongle, and another for a HDMI monitor. That right there is 5 USB-C split adapters at ~$50 a pop. That's just to have your stuff you already bought work with it.
    Wow ... the ignorance is strong with this one. I said Apple created the standard ... I said nothing about the cost of adapters and such. EVERY DAMN adapter is a cash grab until economies of scale take into effect:
    VGA
    DVI (Dual Link DVI, and there are a few ends not compatible with one another)
    Firewire 400 /800 (where licensed FREE) - adapters where a pain of a cost.
    DisplayPort
    HDMI and finding not all monitors or TV's are compatible the first two years this was implemented along with content from Blu-Ray.

So what are you really talking here?! Seriously??!!?
    USB Implementers� Forum:
    A vendor ID is necessary for obtaining a certification of compliance from the USB-IF. The USB-IF is responsible for issuing USB vendor IDs to product manufacturers. The cost for issuing this number is US$5,000. Additionally, the use of a trademarked USB logo to identify certified devices requires license fee of US$3,500 for a 2-year term

^ that's an example of how the business of standardization runs ... read up on the adapters I've mentioned or those you frequently use on a computer, stereo, amplifiers studio/stage speakers etc and find out more ... open your eyes vs your hatred for a company because it competes with your favorite cell phone manufacturer.

I get them using Type-C, but a single port was NOT a good idea.

Anywho, back on topic..
    1 single port IS a good idea for the following reasons:
    Less fragmentation,
    Less tools to use
    ^ BOTH of which get a LOT cheaper and less hassle internationally as a standard when economies of scale come into play.

Either way USB-C was used as an EXAMPLE and you went WAY over topic with your mis-direction. wow.
    03-30-15 08:20 PM
    First off "Just saying, all of those extra periods made that very difficult to read sir" ... that was due to typos ... lately I've a habit of typing on Z30 keyboard exactly like I do on phsycial PC keyboard yet unfortunately the space bar with my right hand keeps hitting the period "." and after a few words I'd rather not back swipe to start over or place cursor in-between each letter - even a trackpad would not help much.
    Tapping on like 5 places and hitting the delete key then the space key was too much of a hassle? :/

This has NOTHING to do with being secure or not! I stated they have a SERIOUS chance at replacing QNX if BlackBerry enforces the brand to co-exist or above all others! Let's try to stay on the topic here.
    Regarding security BlackBerry with KNOX - already implemented in Android 5.x is taken care of with workspaces. read up on it. There is no reason EVERY component of Android is implemented into a car lol. We're talking subsystems here not a phone OS.
    You know that KNOX only works as a top-layer system, right? Meaning all of the subsystems required to run the implementation of Android are still vulnerable :/

Wow ... the ignorance is strong with this one. I said Apple created the standard ... I said nothing about the cost of adapters and such. EVERY DAMN adapter is a cash grab until economies of scale take into effect:
    VGA
    DVI (Dual Link DVI, and there are a few ends not compatible with one another)
    Firewire 400 /800 (where licensed FREE) - adapters where a pain of a cost.
    DisplayPort
    HDMI and finding not all monitors or TV's are compatible the first two years this was implemented along with content from Blu-Ray.

So what are you really talking here?! Seriously??!!?
    USB Implementers� Forum:
    A vendor ID is necessary for obtaining a certification of compliance from the USB-IF. The USB-IF is responsible for issuing USB vendor IDs to product manufacturers. The cost for issuing this number is US$5,000. Additionally, the use of a trademarked USB logo to identify certified devices requires license fee of US$3,500 for a 2-year term

^ that's an example of how the business of standardization runs ... read up on the adapters I've mentioned or those you frequently use on a computer, stereo, amplifiers studio/stage speakers etc and find out more ... open your eyes vs your hatred for a company because it competes with your favorite cell phone manufacturer.
    I don't get why you posted any of that in response to what you quoted.. did you forget to make your point? :/
    As to the comment after, I understand how adapters work, still not understanding your point.

And it's not my hatred for a company that competes with my favourite cell phone manufacturer. It's just that Apple loves their cash grabs and minimalistic innovation while charging exorbitant prices, and you really can't fight that, it's just how their business model works. Not saying it doesn't work, it somehow does and millions flock to their latest "breakthrough", but that's how it is.

1 single port IS a good idea for the following reasons:
    Less fragmentation,
    Less tools to use
    ^ BOTH of which get a LOT cheaper and less hassle internationally as a standard when economies of scale come into play.

Either way USB-C was used as an EXAMPLE and you went WAY over topic with your mis-direction. wow.
    Both of your points to back it up are irrelevant and I'm not understanding your point.

If you're trying to say that having a combination port that requires less adapters is good, then I completely agree! But that goes back to my point of only having a single port so that you're forced to buy an adapter if you want to do more than one thing at once. I'd have to buy ~$500 in adapters just to use 4 of the devices I normally use and charge it at the same time, and that's a good idea on an already overpriced laptop? :/

If you're saying having only one port on a laptop is a good idea, I have zero idea how you would even try to begin to back that up. I'm guessing you meant the first point :\

03-31-15 10:11 AM
    Both of your points to back it up are irrelevant and I'm not understanding your point.

If you're trying to say that having a combination port that requires less adapters is good, then I completely agree! But that goes back to my point of only having a single port so that you're forced to buy an adapter if you want to do more than one thing at once. I'd have to buy ~$500 in adapters just to use 4 of the devices I normally use and charge it at the same time, and that's a good idea on an already overpriced laptop? :/

If you're saying having only one port on a laptop is a good idea, I have zero idea how you would even try to begin to back that up. I'm guessing you meant the first point :\
    You simply cannot state something, or anything is irrelevant if you have no understanding of what it/that/they is the in the very first place.

Yes a single combination port that requires Less Adapters is what I meant.

And with that means you only need 1 adapter to do many tasks. If you go around purchasing a single adapter for 1 single task ... as needs grow you'll have a man-purse to carry to hold them all in.
    Example:
    USB-C > to > DisplayPort
    USB-C > to > DVI
    USB-C > to > HDMI (you get the picture you'll now have 3 adapters)
    vs
    USB-C > to > DisplayPort+DVI+HDMI all in 1 single adapter. This probably works better with more compatibility as a mimicry of a dock vs an actual Dock.

So think of the Thunderbolt cable as an example vs a Lenovo UltraDock.
    Think connecting 3 external HDD's or an SSD RAID Bay, CAT-5e/-6, 3 External Monitors (1 DisplayPort, 2 HDMI), Keyboard and Mouse (Bluetooth connected) and External Power. How many cables from that Lenovo Dock would you require along with power cables ... vs using ThunderBolt (potentially USB-C as a replacement) in it's place. The number of cables would be very close in number but their arrangement would differ (less to the source = laptop, and thus less mess or wires all around and better future proof when a new end-port is changed. This is exactly what I meant hopefully you can understand this.

So no it's 1 adapter and by no mean's would it have to cost you ~$500 for 4 devices you already use. like really you think this? 1 adapter with ends that connect to the cables/connectors you already have. Done and done.

BTW, Apple changes cables just as often as the competition, it's just they have a larger accessory 3rd party market that charges an arm and a leg (LaCie is one example without thinking). Although your angle of their business model does also apply.
    03-31-15 08:31 PM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...at-secure.html
    Tapping on like 5 places and hitting the delete key then the space key was too much of a hassle? :/
    With oils from cream on my hands and typing 1 thumb while carrying shopping items YES it is a hassle. Either read through it or ignore it nobody is forcing you. Making a diatribe out of it only belittles you. Did seem to bother so many others.

You know that KNOX only works as a top-layer system, right? Meaning all of the subsystems required to run the implementation of Android are still vulnerable :/
    You're sure about that right? I wonder why BlackBerry would back them on their BES12 server in the first place ... let's see:

[B]Android security maximized by Samsung KNOX[/B]

main source: published in 2015 according to index of PDF
    https://www.samsungknox.com/en/syste...g%20KNOX_3.pdf
    Another: Android L builds on Samsung's Knox fortifications - CNET

Verified Boot defenses against unauthorized modification of the operating system during the boot process

Warranty bit
    The KNOX warranty bit is a one-time programmable fuse that is blown when evidence of tampering
    is detected of bootloaders or the kernel. Thereafter, the device can never run Samsung KNOX, access
    to the Device Root Key, and access in the TrustZone secure world is revoked. In addition, users cannot
    access enterprise data on the device.

Time of manufacture
    Samsung manufactures and configures its devices in its own factories. This means that Samsung has
    total control over the state of the device software leaving the factory.
    * Hmmm ... this sounds very familiar ... where have I read something similar ... oh yeah BlackBerry!

Run-Time Defenses:
    Periodic Kernel Measurement (PKM)
    TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture (TIMA) PKM performs continuous periodic
    monitoring of the kernel to detect if legitimate kernel code and data have been modified
    unexpectedly.

Real-time Kernel Protection (RKP)
    TIMA RKP performs ongoing real-time monitoring of the operating system from within TrustZone
    to prevent tampering of the kernel.

Attestation
    Attestation reads the Trusted Boot collected measurement data and the fuse value, then combines
    the data in a proprietary way to produce an Attestation verdict that can be requested on-demand by
    the enterprise’s MDM, typically before creating the KNOX Workspace.
    So basically KNOX on Samsung covers:

Secure Boot/Trusted Boot
    Hardware [Root of Trust]
    ARM TrustZone (Arm Holdings, Inc)
    TIMA and RKP
    Security Enhancements for Android

What you're referring to, and yes there was (and potentially still an issue in Android 5) with respect to the PIN being accessible with KNOW/MyKnox maybe related to an earlier build not found in BES12 or latest Android API or speficially with Samsungs Android HW.

Source:
    Android L builds on Samsung's Knox fortifications - CNET
    Publised: July 22, 2014 7:59 AM PDT

The new APIs are available now as part of the Android L Developer Preview. Android product manager director Srikanth Rajagopalan wrote said they will focus on three areas: device and data security, support for IT policies and restrictions, and mobile application management.

Also derived from Knox, new Android development kit APIs will let administrators create policies that include system setting configuration and authentication certificate management to restrict app usage. New back-end APIs will help with corporate app management and deployment.

Part of the Knox integration will include backward compatibility, so that developers who have already built apps for Samsung Knox won't have to rebuild them from scratch to the get them to work on Android L.

"Samsung will be providing a Knox Compatibility Library that will let such applications run on all Android L devices," Rajagopalan said.

However, Samsung detailed in a blog post of its own that it's not giving Google access to all of its Knox gold. Many hardware-based Knox features will remain exclusive to Samsung.

These include TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture, trusted boot, biometric authentication, and Knox Smart Card Support. Knox components approved for governmental use such as Common Criteria, and the FIPS-certified cryptographic library and virtual private network that are part of Security Technical Implementation Guide standards, will remain under Samsung's purview.
    ^ you do know this .. you got this right, right, you're good right? Cool.
    03-31-15 09:12 PM
    You simply cannot state something, or anything is irrelevant if you have no understanding of what it/that/they is the in the very first place.

Yes a single combination port that requires Less Adapters is what I meant.

And with that means you only need 1 adapter to do many tasks. If you go around purchasing a single adapter for 1 single task ... as needs grow you'll have a man-purse to carry to hold them all in.
    Example:
    USB-C > to > DisplayPort
    USB-C > to > DVI
    USB-C > to > HDMI (you get the picture you'll now have 3 adapters)
    vs
    USB-C > to > DisplayPort+DVI+HDMI all in 1 single adapter. This probably works better with more compatibility as a mimicry of a dock vs an actual Dock.

So think of the Thunderbolt cable as an example vs a Lenovo UltraDock.
    Think connecting 3 external HDD's or an SSD RAID Bay, CAT-5e/-6, 3 External Monitors (1 DisplayPort, 2 HDMI), Keyboard and Mouse (Bluetooth connected) and External Power. How many cables from that Lenovo Dock would you require along with power cables ... vs using ThunderBolt (potentially USB-C as a replacement) in it's place. The number of cables would be very close in number but their arrangement would differ (less to the source = laptop, and thus less mess or wires all around and better future proof when a new end-port is changed. This is exactly what I meant hopefully you can understand this.

So no it's 1 adapter and by no mean's would it have to cost you ~$500 for 4 devices you already use. like really you think this? 1 adapter with ends that connect to the cables/connectors you already have. Done and done.

BTW, Apple changes cables just as often as the competition, it's just they have a larger accessory 3rd party market that charges an arm and a leg (LaCie is one example without thinking). Although your angle of their business model does also apply.
    I do understand that you can use a hub of sorts, it just seems silly to have to carry around larger bags than necessary just to be able to use the normal stuff I do. And needing even one adapter just to charge and use an external hard drive is a hassle as well, but I'll just give in and say alright, we're on the same page.

Though I wouldn't say the competition changes as much as Apple does with cables. Either way, Apple's cables are proprietary only to Apple devices, whereas everyone else generally can share their adapters and cables amongst their devices without a thought of compatibility issues...

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...at-secure.html

With oils from cream on my hands and typing 1 thumb while carrying shopping items YES it is a hassle. Either read through it or ignore it nobody is forcing you. Making a diatribe out of it only belittles you. Did seem to bother so many others.
    You're sure about that right? I wonder why BlackBerry would back them on their BES12 server in the first place ... let's see:

[B]Android security maximized by Samsung KNOX[/B]

main source: published in 2015 according to index of PDF
    https://www.samsungknox.com/en/syste...g%20KNOX_3.pdf
    Another: Android L builds on Samsung's Knox fortifications - CNET
    So basically KNOX on Samsung covers:

Secure Boot/Trusted Boot
    Hardware [Root of Trust]
    ARM TrustZone (Arm Holdings, Inc)
    TIMA and RKP
    Security Enhancements for Android

What you're referring to, and yes there was (and potentially still an issue in Android 5) with respect to the PIN being accessible with KNOW/MyKnox maybe related to an earlier build not found in BES12 or latest Android API or speficially with Samsungs Android HW.

Source:
    Android L builds on Samsung's Knox fortifications - CNET
    Publised: July 22, 2014 7:59 AM PDT

^ you do know this .. you got this right, right, you're good right? Cool.
    Interesting, hadn't known KNOX had advanced so much since BlackBerry joined forces with Samsung.

I used to get my info from Feedly but it used to annihilate my battery so I gave up and only started using it again recently, so catching up on my non-BB news these days.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558'
    04-01-15 10:35 AM
    Interesting concept. If they never reply then how do you really know these are being read? It seems like it would be easy for someone to get laid off or leave the company and for nobody to remember to check the emails after that.
    04-01-15 10:49 AM
    We should all email them about the calendar, bringing back the side bars which were paired with the growing numbers as in 10.2.1. That was an amazing calendar and now we have these useless dots.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:12 PM
    We should all email them about the calendar, bringing back the side bars which were paired with the growing numbers as in 10.2.1. That was an amazing calendar and now we have these useless dots.
    I think growing numbers are already back in 10.3.2, there's a bunch of users here saying they are anyway: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11497266
    04-01-15 03:48 PM
38 12