They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Here is my thousand words:
    Idea for NONE-headless apps-idea.jpg

The idea is to Long Press on an open app to lock it so you don't accidentally close it.
    And if you want to close the app just Long Press again to unlock and close it as usual.

Edit: Thanks for reply guys. I guess I need to add a little more detail.

Right now the system supports 8 active frames, so if you open nine apps the system will shut down one of the apps to make room for the ninth app.

My idea is to have the ability to lock/pin up to a maximum of four apps so the system can open new opens and still have those four locked/pinned apps running.

The reason I have chosen just "Long Press" over double tap or Long Press for wiggle is because I thought it is simpler and prevents accidental closure. Wiggle sounds good but it is two steps, this is basically one step. And with double tap there is always an outside chance of accidentally closing the app.

Please let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by tatail; 11-19-13 at 10:32 AM. Reason: More detail added.
    pvphooman likes this.
    11-19-13 02:56 AM
    I agree that they should come up with an easy & intuitive way to pin an active frame, but that's not it. That is currently a full shut down of the app & we need that functionality....maybe double tap?

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    11-19-13 04:48 AM
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    11-19-13 05:00 AM
    Or maybe long press on the active frame itself to go into wiggle mode in which icons for Close and Lock will show up.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:56 AM
    This should be in the OS, good idea. I keep closing my browser by mistake!

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    11-19-13 07:02 AM
    I agree that they should come up with an easy & intuitive way to pin an active frame, but that's not it. That is currently a full shut down of the app & we need that functionality....maybe double tap?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by full shut down of the app?
    11-19-13 10:21 AM
    This should be in the OS, good idea. I keep closing my browser by mistake!

Posted via CB10
    I have a Pebble watch and many times I have accidentally closed the app, so my phone stops receiving notifications.
    11-19-13 10:31 AM