Hey, so I did the survey for BB10 that Beta Zone sent out...and in doing so, I think I came up with an AMAZING new feature and way to use the Lock Screen!! Kevin, Adam, ANYONE let me know what you think and pass it on to BBRY!!!

So, with the lock screen, keep the notifications all on the left side as it is now. The update comes with viewing notifications from within the lock screen. What is done is if you have a FaceBook notification and Email lets say, and you want to view the Email quickly. Just put your finger on the email notification symbol and drag over to the right of the phone and the more you drag the more it shows (a little shows the senders name, halfway across shows senders name and subject, all the way to the right of the phone shows first sentences). Now you can either see that and just let go and it goes back to the normal lock screen look with the notification still there, OR, you can drag it to the right and up (similar to the up and to the right gesture to get into the HUB). Once you drag up, it opens the phone directly into that message, email, bbm, Facebook chat...WHATEVER it is.

This will keep in line with all the gestures used in BB10 and would be an amazing welcome for many people I think!!! Also, BBRY has those cinnamon toasts that use movement of the phone to show more or less of a notification (was leaked awhile ago). This is a similar idea, just without lifting the phone and its using gestures to make it all happen!

Again, Kevin, Adam or anyone on Crackberry here, I think this is an amazing feature and would be awesome if you could reply and let me know what you think, and pass it on to BBRY if you like it!
    05-01-13 12:14 PM
    Not a bad idea...
    05-01-13 12:25 PM
    That would be awesome!!!
    05-01-13 12:26 PM
    Hey, so I did the survey for BB10 that Beta Zone sent out...and in doing so, I think I came up with an AMAZING new feature and way to use the Lock Screen!! Kevin, Adam, ANYONE let me know what you think and pass it on to BBRY!!!

So, with the lock screen, keep the notifications all on the left side as it is now. The update comes with viewing notifications from within the lock screen. What is done is if you have a FaceBook notification and Email lets say, and you want to view the Email quickly. Just put your finger on the email notification symbol and drag over to the right of the phone and the more you drag the more it shows (a little shows the senders name, halfway across shows senders name and subject, all the way to the right of the phone shows first sentences). Now you can either see that and just let go and it goes back to the normal lock screen look with the notification still there, OR, you can drag it to the right and up (similar to the up and to the right gesture to get into the HUB). Once you drag up, it opens the phone directly into that message, email, bbm, Facebook chat...WHATEVER it is.

This will keep in line with all the gestures used in BB10 and would be an amazing welcome for many people I think!!! Also, BBRY has those cinnamon toasts that use movement of the phone to show more or less of a notification (was leaked awhile ago). This is a similar idea, just without lifting the phone and its using gestures to make it all happen!

Again, Kevin, Adam or anyone on Crackberry here, I think this is an amazing feature and would be awesome if you could reply and let me know what you think, and pass it on to BBRY if you like it!
    Love it

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:27 PM
    I have been thinking about a similar idea too. It's dumb that we can't access the notifications from the lockscreen.
    05-01-13 12:27 PM
    This would be great!
    05-01-13 12:29 PM
    Lets spread the word, would be awesome is someone from BBRY gets a hold of this and maybe can implement it in a future update!
    05-01-13 12:53 PM
    Maybe I'm fogged in but I thought the purpose of a lock screen was, well, to lock the screen, so that gestures, presses, etc, don't work. And if a password is set, no one can interact with the device without first entering the password to get past the lock screen.Is that wrong? A lock screen that the user can interact with, like any other screen, isn't a lock screen; it's just another screen that comes before the home screen.

It seems to me that this idea is an attempt to reproduce some of the functions of the Hub, or to have a different kind of Hub.
    lteitelbaum likes this.
    05-01-13 01:14 PM
    Do you mean something like this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797281

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:16 PM
    Do you mean something like this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=797281

Posted via CB10
    Somewhat yes...the idea of swiping the notifications to open the respective app is similar...but what you proposed is 98% identical to that of iPhones lock screen, where you swipe into the app...what I said takes it a step further to allow the user to quickly "peak" at their notifications and messages and decide if they want to answer or "keep moving"...similar ideas forsure though...just adding more features to it to allow for more a BB10 gesture styled feel and flow
    05-01-13 01:27 PM
    Maybe I'm fogged in but I thought the purpose of a lock screen was, well, to lock the screen, so that gestures, presses, etc, don't work. And if a password is set, no one can interact with the device without first entering the password to get past the lock screen.Is that wrong? A lock screen that the user can interact with, like any other screen, isn't a lock screen; it's just another screen that comes before the home screen.

It seems to me that this idea is an attempt to reproduce some of the functions of the Hub, or to have a different kind of Hub.
    Yes, you are correct a LOCK SCREEN essentially is to lock the screen (mind blowing right?) lol, but it also offers up a very valuable experience for the user to quickly get to where they want to go...something BBRY users crave so much! the efficiency is key. So yes, what you are saying making sense and it would be a cool feature to have that is user customizable allowing the user to choose if they want a basic lock screen, or the one i proposed.

Also with the password, if it is set then you will have to enter the password to interact with the phone and enter into the phone through the messages...so obviously blackberry being about security you make it so the user can see the notifications and if they try to swipe open a message it will ask for a password before any information is shown...not too difficult to do...also for many people, myself included, I do not lock the phone instantly...i have it set to 5 minute delay...so after unlocking the phone I can just use it normally without using a password constantly.

Your points make sense for sure, and again it is just another screen that comes before the home screen, but it is a screen that provides users with quick glance information, instead of jumping into the phone and looking around for whats new, the lock screen makes it all nice and tidy.

long post here lol, but your final point about it reproducing the functions of HUB, or a different HUB is not correct. A user wants ease and simplicity, and something that helps them function better. The HUB is amazing at what it does, ONLY when you are already in the phone! This new feature allows users to see messages before even bothering to jump into the application and lets you be able to view it quickly from the lock screen and make a choice whether you want to reply or not. Similar to the HUB that you can 'peak' and see the message and sender and decide if you want to go to it, or continue with the app you are using. It is just another evolution and enhancement to the BB10 OS, and it flows with that BlackBerry is trying to do with the OS (gestures)
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    05-01-13 01:36 PM
    Maybe I'm fogged in but I thought the purpose of a lock screen was, well, to lock the screen, so that gestures, presses, etc, don't work.
    Basically yeah. But to accidently open one of those you would have to first enter the lockscreen by either a small swipe or a press on the button and then accidently also open a notification which I find very unlikely.

It is called a lockscreen but it's really not "locked". Everyone can access your phone from the lockscreen if you don't have a password set (then it's locked for real and you would not be able to access those notifications). So it's really not "locked" anyway. Having accessible shortcuts on the lockscreen would be more efficient and in line with the simplicity of the rest of the system. It doesn't make it less of a lockscreen than it already is in my opinion.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    05-01-13 01:45 PM
    Somewhat yes...the idea of swiping the notifications to open the respective app is similar...but what you proposed is 98% identical to that of iPhones lock screen, where you swipe into the app...what I said takes it a step further to allow the user to quickly "peak" at their notifications and messages and decide if they want to answer or "keep moving"...similar ideas forsure though...just adding more features to it to allow for more a BB10 gesture styled feel and flow
    Well, I had meant the swipe to take you into the Hub, since individual app notifications go in there anyway. But I see what you mean and I really like where your's is different. It kind of turns the notification into a "preview" of what you'll see and the length of the pull reveals more info.

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    05-01-13 01:58 PM
    Great ideA

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:51 PM
    Ok lets just say it can be an option.
    07-02-13 11:28 PM
    nice!!

Posted using Z10 Stl100-1 10.1.0.4543
    07-08-13 10:08 PM
    Nice man..love it as well!!

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-08-13 10:30 PM
    I'm wondering how applicable this. Like some people, I don't use the lock screen at all. I just up swipe straight into my phone.
    07-08-13 10:42 PM
    You have an issue with your plan. If you have multiple notifications of a certain type then you can't select which you want to see. So if you have 3 emails 2 facebook and 4 twitters you would only have 3 icons for 9 messages. So you might need to try to rework what happens when you drag the finger. Maybe it opens something like a hub for just items in that group. Like you drag the FB icon and you see 3 FB messages revealing itself. Not a bad idea though. And yeah it should have an option to turn off

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    PrettiiBadOne419 likes this.
    07-09-13 05:48 AM
    You have an issue with your plan. If you have multiple notifications of a certain type then you can't select which you want to see. So if you have 3 emails 2 facebook and 4 twitters you would only have 3 icons for 9 messages. So you might need to try to rework what happens when you drag the finger. Maybe it opens something like a hub for just items in that group. Like you drag the FB icon and you see 3 FB messages revealing itself. Not a bad idea though. And yeah it should have an option to turn off

good point here. I think they can use this idea and make something better out of it. but it is definitely a nice one. said again

07-09-13 03:25 PM

I think they should just take your idea of using the lock screen and come up with something better. but it is a great idea though.

07-09-13 03:35 PM
    Nice idea, blackberry should take note of it now in order to implement in 3 years time

Light banter. Don't burn me

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 06:33 PM

Fair enough...as this thread is, its an idea...to spark conversation and ways to make it even better! so definitely not something I thought about...I think I was thinking the message shown will default to the last message sent in that application. You make a good point though, there should be a way to swipe over, and maybe when you get to a certain point it opens all the messages on the lock screen, with sender and subject, or first sentence. Then from that list you can click on the one you want...

This would stay in line with the OS as well. Think of the HUB. You see the icons on the left when you pull over slightly, these icons would be the notification on the lockscreen. (for example purposes we will use email). There are 3 emails and you are on your lockscreen. You swipe the email icon over and it says "3 Unread Emails" (showing you how many unread emails you have, since the lockscreen doesnt show numbers just icons). Then you swipe further and it shows what I said earlier, then sender and subject/first sentence. Similar to when you swipe over in the HUB and it shows the entire word. In the lockscreen though when you swipe far over it will drop down all the unread emails...

Makes sense in my head lol, hopefully I said it right, but definitely another solution to combat numerous notifications within the same application.

Please share ideas and modifications!! Lets get BlackBerry in to this, lets help them come up with the best most interactive lockscreen out there!
    07-09-13 09:23 PM
    I'm wondering how applicable this. Like some people, I don't use the lock screen at all. I just up swipe straight into my phone.
    Like other people, I DO use the lock screen (sadly BB10 doesn't let me really USE it yet) So this idea is a way to make it more interactive and usable...also you just swipe up into the phone now, because thats all BB10 allows you to do...you cant interact with the lockscreen now, so thats what everyone does right now...my idea is to change that and provide options!
    07-09-13 09:25 PM
    Great idea! Loving it!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 12:12 PM
27 12