Why is it that the shortcuts to HUB filters (such as text and BBM) look different than they do in the HUB?

The TEXT msg icon has 2 stripes and then a smaller one underneath whereas the TEXT msg icon in the HUB only has 2 stripes.

The BBM icon has a blue background and a white border whereas in the HUB, there is neither.

The Facebook icon, the "F" starts from the very bottom of the icon whereas in the HUB, the "F" is floating.

WHYYYY????? I think I'm gonna be forced to switch to iPhone.

PS: that last part was a joke/mock as everyone here on Crackberry these days seems to be saying it.

But honestly, does anyone know why?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 04:51 PM
    I never noticed those icon quirks. I too think I'm gonna have to switch to ifone.

Lmao

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-20-14 04:55 PM
    Nice pickup. No reason for the inconsistency except that a simpler icon might be easier to read on all phones. And the flipped icon is more attractive on way in the hub, and the other way in the top left of your icon screen.

I think consistency is more important, so I hope BlackBerry cleans this very minor ui discrepancy up.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:33 PM
    I think I understand that the Text Message icon in the Hub removed the extra line, and the BBM icon in the Hub removes the borders probably just to make it simplistic.

The very fact that the icons in the Hub are colourless give me the impression that BlackBerry compressed the icons for a more simple look. (Except for Yahoo! Messenger which has a purple icon)

As for Facebook, I have no idea why they moved the F up in the icon, but the logos shown in the Hub beside notifications actually have the F touching the bottom of the box.

Miami Heat and GS Warriors fan.
    12-20-14 06:21 PM