I was able to get my email working on my Z10, but I haven't been able to get my icloud calendar or contacts to work. Has anyone? What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:06 PM
    I was able to do it with a bunch of fiddling on my PlayBook but discovered that the major trick is to use the @me.com email and login instead of iCloud.com or mac.com
    03-26-13 10:16 PM
    Welcome! I never had iOS devices so offhand, I can't tell you, BUT, I don't remember for certain, but I think this thread explains it a bit??? :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4s-z10-768163/

Give it a try.
    quinnspoppy likes this.
    03-26-13 10:17 PM
    I was able to do it with a bunch of fiddling on my PlayBook but discovered that the major trick is to use the @me.com email and login instead of iCloud.com or mac.com
    Thanks for the info, I'll give this a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 09:32 AM
    just know if you send from an icloud.com or me.com account, your emails will be all kinds all messed up, malforming html code buried within the email. RIM apparently knows about this, and is working to release an update soon. im temporarily using my gmail acct's SMTP to send those emails from me.com.

ive also had trouble adding contacts & ical data, but once you follow this from the BB support page (KB33812) the cals and contacts will sync no problem.

To integrate an iCloud account that uses an iCloud.com email address:

From the Homescreen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Email, Calendar and Contacts.
    Enter the @icloud.com email address and select Next.
    Enter the @icloud.com email password and click Next.
    Enable the items to be synchronized (Email, Contacts Calendar).
    Select Done.
    Note: If iCloud is used for synchronization but an @icloud.com email address is not used, or is not enabled, calendar and contact sync can still be integrated on BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook. However to integrate these, advanced integration steps need to be used instead of the above steps. The email address associated with the Apple ID must be used. See instructions to integrate below.

To integrate an iCloud account that does not use an iCloud.com email address follow the below steps to:

Integrate iCloud contacts using CardDav:

From the Homescreen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > CardDav.
    Enter Description (for example: iCloud or the iCloud.com email address).
    Enter Username as the either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Email Address as either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Password as the Apple ID password.
    Enter Server Address as contacts.icloud.com
    Select desired Sync Interval from the drop-down menu.
    Select Done.

Integrate iCloud calendar using CalDav:

From the Homescreen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > CalDav.
    Enter Username as either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Email Address as either the Apple ID or iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Server Address as caldav.icloud.com
    Select desired Sync Interval from the drop-down menu.
    Select Done.

Integrate iCloud Email using IMAP:

From the Homescreen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > IMAP.
    Enter Display Name as the name that sent email will display from (for example: Justin Jones)
    Enter Username as the iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Email Address as the iCloud.com email address.
    Enter Server Address as imap.mail.me.com
    Enter Port as 993
    Under Encryption drop-down menu select SSL.
    Enter SMTP Username as the iCloud.com email address.
    Enter SMTP Server Address as smtp.mail.me.com
    Enter SMTP Port as 587
    Select desired Sync Interval and Initial Retrieval Amount from the drop-down menus.
    Select Done.
    Didier Fiszel and pilh like this.
    03-27-13 10:09 AM
    I get a message that states the account was successfuly set up however caldav and carddav are services that are not available at this time. Any ideas?
    03-27-13 02:32 PM
    Same. U have to enter them separately under advanced opts. Use the info above.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:12 PM
    Same. U have to enter them separately under advanced opts. Use the info above.
    Posted via CB10
    Yes I have done that, even tried .me. I'll keep trying. Thanks.
    03-27-13 08:08 PM
    Amazing, thank, i was using Outlook to sync calendars and contacts, I taught that it could not be done with icloud. i followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.
    Thanks again.

Didier
    03-27-13 10:15 PM
    Thanks for this...
    My z10 does not have the "advanced" nor the "caldav" options. When I enter the icloud account it still tells me the server for the caldav is unavailable - same as it has from the beginning. I've had no problem syncing contacts but the calendar sync is critical and still "unavailable"
    Any ideas out there??
    Thanks everyone!
    03-28-13 12:46 PM
    OK got it thanks. the trick I think as explained earlier in the thread is to use your @me.com full email address as the username.
    03-28-13 02:00 PM
    @nicslewy after selecting add account (don't select email, calendar and contacts) go straight to advanced settings then you'll need to scroll right down, because it's below what you first see on the screen.
    03-28-13 02:06 PM
    @theclipart what do you mean by mangled up? My email send from iCloud or any other on my z10 are absolutely fine. I'm on 10.0.10.90

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 03:51 PM
    im on 10.0.10.88 at&t, and all emails sent using the icloud accts look like :

Reply from work address.
    =p style="font-size: initial; font-family: Cal=ri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial=ackground-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartph=e.
    =table width="100%" style="background-colo=white;border-spacing:0px;"> =iv id="_persistentHeader" s=le="border-style: solid none none; border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223)=order-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alp= Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;">
    <=v>Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:32 PM
    To: xxxxx=/div>
    Subject: Test again

Testing again.
    <= style="marginTop:2px">Sent from my BlackBe=rry 10 smartphone.
    dejongj likes this.
    03-28-13 05:16 PM
    also, to reply to @nicslewey, you do have advanced options ... its just the keyboard is hiding the view. double finger swipe up to hide the keyboard and youll see "advanced"
    03-28-13 05:18 PM
    im on 10.0.10.88 at&t, and all emails sent using the icloud accts look like :
    Oops I hope that fix that and get you on the same version as the uk.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 04:57 AM
    Thank's for your help. Email and Contacts sync are ok for my PlayBook. The sync with iCal don't work. iCloud calendar parameters are registered in the playbook. But the iCloud calendar don't appear in the PlayBook Calendar menu. Could you help me
    05-14-13 06:36 PM
    Hi

I had the Icloud calendar sync working perfectly. Then I updated to 10.1. This morning I had the request to reenter the password. No big deal I thought. But it didn't work. So i deleted the Icloud account and re entered it. Everything but the calendar syncs. And I need the calendar. Have tried ALL remedies. Have fallen for the z10. Would hate to have to go back to android or iPhone. All help appreciated.
    Z10. T-mobile Germany. 10.1

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:39 AM
    Hi

I had the Icloud calendar sync working perfectly. Then I updated to 10.1. This morning I had the request to reenter the password. No big deal I thought. But it didn't work. So i deleted the Icloud account and re entered it. Everything but the calendar syncs. And I need the calendar. Have tried ALL remedies. Have fallen for the z10. Would hate to have to go back to android or iPhone. All help appreciated.
    Z10. T-mobile Germany. 10.1

Posted via CB10
    I did exactly the same and have the same problem with the calendar. Maybe it has something to do with the firmware update I did earlier today... hope that someone finds a way to fix this issue soon! -.-
    Everything worked perfectly before the firmware update...
    05-15-13 02:35 PM
    Every few weeks I try again, but for some reason I am unable to set up an @me.com email account on my z10. I can get my contacts and all of my iCloud calendars syncing by using carddav and caldav in the advanced setup, but the email setup always fails. Something to do with incorrect email address or password if I remember correctly.

Not sure if it's because my iTunes account email is different from my @me.com address....

Used to be able to get it to work on my PlayBook, but now I have to same problem with @me.com email there as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:32 PM
    The same problem... after installing 10.1 on q10 and z10... impossible to sync BB with icloud calendar !!!!
    big problem... please, someone help all of us are in this bad situation !!!
    05-15-13 03:47 PM
    I did exactly the same and have the same problem with the calendar. Maybe it has something to do with the firmware update I did earlier today... hope that someone finds a way to fix this issue soon! -.-
    Everything worked perfectly before the firmware update...
    +1 Here, same problem.
    05-16-13 12:24 PM
    I had a lot of that earlier, but for the last two months its been behaving itself...
    05-16-13 01:31 PM
    The same problem... after installing 10.1 on q10 and z10... impossible to sync BB with icloud calendar !!!!
    big problem... please, someone help all of us are in this bad situation !!!
    Does anyone have an update on this??? I noticed that my Account list no longer showed my iCloud entries for calendar and contacts, but when I tried to re-enter the info I got a message that the accounts are already set up??? But they don't work??? This is NOT good :-(
    05-16-13 03:32 PM
    I had this issue, but 10.1 fixed it. Now it appears others are having iCloud calendar issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:56 PM
29 12