02-22-15 09:52 AM
94 1234
tools
    Yes Agree it should be in side by side.

Abdul
    10-17-14 08:16 AM
    I guess I have a slightly different problem. I put my phone into night mode every night and am greeted with the white alarm screen every morning. I acknowledge the screen and even unlock the phone, but then 5 minutes later it get prompted with the snooze and dismiss buttons.
    I want the action of unlocking my phone to effectively dismiss the alarm. Instead I have to come back to my unlocked phone 5 minutes later to acknowledge the alarm a second time which is very annoying.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    You can cancel the snooze by pressing at the bottom of the screen in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:04 PM
    Exactly.CrackBerry needs to do a tutorial on this. I think many here just don't know how to use some of the features and that's okay. A lot of this lies from coming from other platforms. It's a learning curve but you have to take the time and effort to get FULLY acclimated with the BB10 OS. There's a lot of efficient solutions that aren't always highlighted.
    Well it's sort of like iOS if I remember... the entire screen is a snooze for their alarm app too. Swipe to dismiss.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:06 PM
    No, I get the point. I just find the way it is now very simple to use. This morning, I snoozed 3 times before I woke up. Didn't even have to open my eyes to focus on the screen to snooze. Just a tapped on the screen or volume button did the job. And I have fat fingers. Never been late to work or morning appointments. Now I will point out that I always put my phone in Bedside Mode when I sleep at night, you know, since it is on the side of my bed. I use the feature for what the feature is intended to be used as.

Again, the solution they have now is easy for ME. I have no complaints.
    I always use bedside mode (to screen out messages but allow calls), but didn't know how this feature works. I'll definitely test it out tomorrow morning.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-17-14 10:55 PM
    I always use bedside mode (to screen out messages but allow calls), but didn't know how this feature works. I'll definitely test it out tomorrow morning.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    The cool thing also is that the entire screen lights up "white" so if you're in a dark room... it gently wakes you up too. It's actually really great, I combine that with the gradual increase of the alarm volume

Also, bedside mode allows those who are conscious about radiation disable all the radios from the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:12 AM
    You can cancel the snooze by pressing at the bottom of the screen in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    So even though the entire screen is white, just press at the bottom? If so thank you for that tip. I would add it isn't intuitive and BlackBerry needs to do a better job explaining things.

10-18-14 07:06 AM
    So even though the entire screen is white, just press at the bottom? If so thank you for that tip. I would add it isn't intuitive and BlackBerry needs to do a better job explaining things.

No no... when the alarm is ringing... and the entire screen is white... the entire screen is a snooze. If you want to dismiss the alarm, you have to swipe up. It makes it harder to dismiss, and that's a good thing, you don't want to do that accidentally

But if you snoozed an alarm by pressing the screen... while still in bedside mode just press where is says the time of the alarm (bottom of screen in portrait) and it will give you the option "cancel snooze"

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    10-18-14 08:10 AM
    I'm BlackBerry Boss and I approve this message lol. They do need to fix this!

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    10-18-14 08:44 AM
    use bedside mode and touch somewhere on the screen or volume buttons is the safer bet when half awake

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1531 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    10-18-14 11:22 AM
    Just use the volume buttons to snooze. Even if your eyes are close you still can feel the volume buttons.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:54 AM
    No no... when the alarm is ringing... and the entire screen is white... the entire screen is a snooze. If you want to dismiss the alarm, you have to swipe up. It makes it harder to dismiss, and that's a good thing, you don't want to do that accidentally

But if you snoozed an alarm by pressing the screen... while still in bedside mode just press where is says the time of the alarm (bottom of screen in portrait) and it will give you the option "cancel snooze"

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much!!! I will try this out tomorrow.

10-18-14 02:13 PM
    Drag up to snooze, down to dismiss.

Do it, Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:34 PM
    Ah, I discovered that the "problem" with bedside mode is that the random resets throw the phone out of bedside mode, leaving me with Snooze and Dismiss buttons. Not a problem with the OS, just my particular phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-24-14 09:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Swiping up when the screen was white didn't seem to dismiss but your second trick of cancel snooze worked like a champ. Thank you!

10-25-14 07:31 AM
    Your missing the point here I think...

What people are saying is, with the Snooze Button being so close to the Dismiss button, some are hitting Dismiss by mistake.

So instead of going back to sleep for 10 minutes, then wake up an hour later, when the boss calls furious that they are late again!

Posted via CB10
    I think we get the point but don't agree with it. The os already handles this need nicely with the bedside mode. If you are using to wake up then it is how BlackBerry handles "sleepy eyes" as the whole screen is a snooze.

The dismiss / snooze pop up is designed for daytime use presuming you are awake.

Effectively you are not using the alarm beside the way it's intended. If you want notifications in bedside mode you can as its an option.

Instead of complaining about how alarms are being misused I think people should use bedside mode as this is what it was designed for.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:34 PM
    I think we get the point but don't agree with it. The os already handles this need nicely with the bedside mode. If you are using to wake up then it is how BlackBerry handles "sleepy eyes" as the whole screen is a snooze.

The dismiss / snooze pop up is designed for daytime use presuming you are awake.

Effectively you are not using the alarm beside the way it's intended. If you want notifications in bedside mode you can as its an option.

Instead of complaining about how alarms are being misused I think people should use bedside mode as this is what it was designed for.

Posted via CB10
    What about the people above who have stated they NEED notifications other than phone calls? No one here is complaining, everyone has come with suggestions.

Bedside mode clearly isn't an option for some, so instead of coming to a thread complaining about people making perfectly fine suggestions, I think you should swipe down from the top and get a good night sleep.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:32 PM
    They can leave notifications on in bedside mode! And if they don't want phone to ring ( but still want audible message alerts???) they can easily change profiles to one they set with no sound only on phone.

No sense in discussing and suggesting changes to features that are already handled within the os. No sense wishing and tweeting wishlist items when they already exist.

I don't get what the big deal is about using bedside mode when they clearly already designed it to be easy to hit snooze and not easy to dismiss when you are awoken by the alarm.

I'm saying BlackBerry clearly expects you to use that mode while using it as a bedside alarm. Why would they make the daytime appointment reminder easier to use for sleepy people when they already have a feature for nighttime and sleepy people?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:42 AM
    What about the people above who have stated they NEED notifications other than phone calls? No one here is complaining, everyone has come with suggestions.

Bedside mode clearly isn't an option for some, so instead of coming to a thread complaining about people making perfectly fine suggestions, I think you should swipe down from the top and get a good night sleep.

Posted via CB10
    You can actually have both also in bedside mode... and in bonus you get a beautiful alarm clock!

So no reason why not to use bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:07 AM
    BlackBerry: please fix

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:07 AM
    You guys are the reason BlackBerry is in the state it finds it's self in...

The attitude "Well there's a work a round so it doesn't matter" approach just doesn't cut it.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 11:43 AM

The attitude "Well there's a work a round so it doesn't matter" approach just doesn't cut it.

Posted via CB10
    Really???!??!!!!

What a nonsensical statement! First off its not a work around as bedside mode is the proper mode to use in bedside for alarms!

Secondly because people like me are ok with using things as they were intended and say so on a 3rd party forum BlackBerry is "in the state it finds itself in"??? What altered reality are you living in?

The attitude: BlackBerry owes me something and I'm going to spout off about and attack others who have more common sense than me...doesn't cut it!

Can you tell me an alternative mobile os than has these completely customizable features that allow one to improperly use features in a way they weren't intended but still satisfy their every whim?

Dude just use bedside mode and problem is solved! Is that so hard? Its not like it's a compromise where the desired outcome is somehow diminished. It's actually superior and more intuitive than making buttons further apart! Those buttons are meant for calendar appointments etc for people who are awake already. Not for alarm clock!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:49 PM
    Double +1

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10

You should buy an iPhone, if you don't already have one.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    10-26-14 04:15 PM
    I touch the volume key... (either Up or Down)...
    It will snooze!

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-26-14 04:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hold on... what workaround are you talking about? Bedside mode isn't a workaround

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:19 PM
94 1234