The best way to snooze is press any of the physical buttons. You only need to touch the screen buttons for "Dismiss".

Posted via CB10
    I like your suggestion, let's make it

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:47 PM
    Put it in bedside mode. Then touching anywhere on the screen is the snooze function.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:50 PM
    The best way to snooze is press any of the physical buttons. You only need to touch the screen buttons for "Dismiss".

Posted via CB10
    C'mon.. this feature has been there for ever..I mentioned it before but no one seems to have noticed..

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:26 PM
    Agree. I also use my tablet as a back up alarm just to be safe
    10-16-14 04:32 PM
    C'mon.. this feature has been there for ever..I mentioned it before but no one seems to have noticed..

Posted via CB10
    This requires a reasonable level of cognitive function and fine motor skill. I don't think I have those within the first 30 seconds of waking up, sadly.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-16-14 06:05 PM
    hey!! I'm sure you already know this. but there is only one way I've been getting around this issue. When I go to bed I put my phone into bedside mode (I'm sleeping, I don't care about notifications) so yea once it's in bedside mode, when the morning alarm goes off all you have to do is touch the screen and it acts like a snooze, there is no dismiss button when your phone is in bedside mode. and if your worried about certain things you can allow calls to bypass bedside mode. but people shouldn't be bugging you at all hours anyways. so hopefully that helps!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:46 PM
    I would also like to see this changed. Seems like a pretty easy thing to do.
    10-16-14 07:11 PM
    I like the way it is now. How hard could it be to tap the screen and go back to sleep? It's way easier than actually focusing on whether to swipe left, right, up, or down. Or even looking for a specific button that says Snooze.

Just MO

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:28 PM
    I like the way it is now. How hard could it be to tap the screen and go back to sleep? It's way easier than actually focusing on whether to swipe left, right, up, or down. Or even looking for a specific button that says Snooze.

Just MO

Posted via CB10
    Your missing the point here I think...

What people are saying is, with the Snooze Button being so close to the Dismiss button, some are hitting Dismiss by mistake.

So instead of going back to sleep for 10 minutes, then wake up an hour later, when the boss calls furious that they are late again!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:47 PM
    Every damn morning, this same exact problem, no matter how many times I try and tell myself to use the volume keys alone, waking up after a couple hours of sleep just isn't enough for me to remember to use the volume keys, I use the screen, and always wake up late hitting dismiss
    Putting it in bedside mode fixes the issue, but I can't, because I have to have some apps open, and I need all my notifications available throughout the night
    10-16-14 08:18 PM
    I support this.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:31 PM
    totally support this.. already happened to me once this week....
    10-16-14 08:47 PM
    This requires a reasonable level of cognitive function and fine motor skill. I don't think I have those within the first 30 seconds of waking up, sadly.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    But you do seem to be able to find the dismiss button... ) I mean dismiss function is activated by only that relatively small, particular area whereas any other interaction with the phone would put it into snooze.. No?...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:29 PM
    +10^3. so ez and so useful
    10-17-14 12:10 AM
    I Agree that they need to be separated. I say a GIANT snooze button and a slide gesture to access the dismiss button.
    I hate the slider on the PlayBook alarm app bed buzz. I sometimes think it's programmed to ignore my swipes.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:46 AM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Pressing the power button while sleeping requires less cognitive function and fine motor skill then opening the eyes and looking for Snooze/Dismiss button.

And this feature has been there from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not everyone reads fully anon. I know you mentioned it and I was just telling that its the best way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    annon91221 likes this.
    10-17-14 01:27 AM
    The alarm takes over the screen when they do, I do hope that they'll just put snooze at the top of the screen and dismiss at the bottom of the screen, just like 10.0 call screen but for alarm. Might not help much with Q series but hey

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 02:41 AM
    I agree! They need to fix this and make the dismiss the button a slider or a puzzle

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:17 AM
    I guess I have a slightly different problem. I put my phone into night mode every night and am greeted with the white alarm screen every morning. I acknowledge the screen and even unlock the phone, but then 5 minutes later it get prompted with the snooze and dismiss buttons.
    I want the action of unlocking my phone to effectively dismiss the alarm. Instead I have to come back to my unlocked phone 5 minutes later to acknowledge the alarm a second time which is very annoying.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    10-17-14 07:10 AM
    Pressing the power button while sleeping requires less cognitive function and fine motor skill then opening the eyes and looking for Snooze/Dismiss button.

And this feature has been there from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that in reaching for my phone with my eyes closed, sometimes I hit the Dismiss button.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-17-14 07:50 AM
    You need to put it on bedside mode. Snooze is the entire screen. Dismiss is a swipe

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:52 AM
    Your missing the point here I think...

What people are saying is, with the Snooze Button being so close to the Dismiss button, some are hitting Dismiss by mistake.

So instead of going back to sleep for 10 minutes, then wake up an hour later, when the boss calls furious that they are late again!

Posted via CB10
    No, I get the point. I just find the way it is now very simple to use. This morning, I snoozed 3 times before I woke up. Didn't even have to open my eyes to focus on the screen to snooze. Just a tapped on the screen or volume button did the job. And I have fat fingers. Never been late to work or morning appointments. Now I will point out that I always put my phone in Bedside Mode when I sleep at night, you know, since it is on the side of my bed. I use the feature for what the feature is intended to be used as.

Again, the solution they have now is easy for ME. I have no complaints.
    10-17-14 08:00 AM
    Simple solution. Don't use snooze. I have 8 alarm set in my phone with about 3 to 5 minutes apart. Each time alarm ring, I just stop it without snooze it. This it is impossible to miss the alarm unless in half wake state you can close all alarm manually.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    10-17-14 08:10 AM
    You need to put it on bedside mode. Snooze is the entire screen. Dismiss is a swipe

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.CrackBerry needs to do a tutorial on this. I think many here just don't know how to use some of the features and that's okay. A lot of this lies from coming from other platforms. It's a learning curve but you have to take the time and effort to get FULLY acclimated with the BB10 OS. There's a lot of efficient solutions that aren't always highlighted.
    10-17-14 08:10 AM
94 1234