I'll probably just get another BB10 device to use when this z30 stops working. I was leaning towards Apple but it's seems to be way too restricted to do even simple things without having to use a different app for everything. Just attaching multiple files with different formats into a single email which indo all the time seems like a chore.
    And forget Android, although much easier to do certain tasks and having a decent file manager I absolutely don't want Google to be spying on me and selling info on me to advertisers. They are too intrusive. No thanks.

So for a person running a small business there doesn't seem to be a choice except for BB10. I'll wait for the MS Surface phone to come out by 2017-18 before I buy a Windows10 phone.

Forget sailfish or any os.

Sent from my battered and bruised but still kicking (just barely) Z30.
    04-10-16 10:18 AM
    Just note that there is some speculation that Microsoft may be abandoning the idea of a Surface phone. Sticking, instead, with just the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 10:58 AM
    You got a sickness called paranoia

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    04-10-16 11:01 AM
    I'll probably just get another BB10 device to use when this z30 stops working. I was leaning towards Apple but it's seems to be way too restricted to do even simple things without having to use a different app for everything. Just attaching multiple files with different formats into a single email which indo all the time seems like a chore.
    And forget Android, although much easier to do certain tasks and having a decent file manager I absolutely don't want Google to be spying on me and selling info on me to advertisers. They are too intrusive. No thanks.

So for a person running a small business there doesn't seem to be a choice except for BB10. I'll wait for the MS Surface phone to come out by 2017-18 before I buy a Windows10 phone.

You think Windows 10 isn't data mining you? Really? I guess you hate google so much that you haven't bothered to do a search on Microsoft data collection. Hah.

Apple cares more about your privacy than the new Microsoft does. But go on believing what you choose.
    04-10-16 11:02 AM
    You think Windows 10 isn't data mining you? Really? I guess you hate google so much that you haven't bothered to do a search on Microsoft data collection. Hah.

Apple cares more about your privacy than the new Microsoft does. But go on believing what you choose.
    I'm of the belief that you cannot trust anyone these days in the privacy sense. Also, it's not just smart phones as your isp captures all of your Internet activity (encrypted VPN can prevent this). When you sign up on Facebook or other sites they're collecting data from you with every action on there. In short, the only way of completely securing your privacy is to disconnect from the Internet completely.

I'm happy to get an android phone knowing that they're going to spy on me because I'd rather give up my privacy and enjoy the use of the Internet and it's various services. Not saying I'm happy about being privacy raped left,right and centre.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-10-16 11:56 AM
    I'm of the belief that you cannot trust anyone these days in the privacy sense. Also, it's not just smart phones as your isp captures all of your Internet activity (encrypted VPN can prevent this). When you sign up on Facebook or other sites they're collecting data from you with every action on there. In short, the only way of completely securing your privacy is to disconnect from the Internet completely.

I'm happy to get an android phone knowing that they're going to spy on me because I'd rather give up my privacy and enjoy the use of the Internet and it's various services. Not saying I'm happy about being privacy raped left,right and centre.

And remember, Google isn't even selling your data. They're selling an advertising profile. Your telecom vendor is selling all your data.

Along with every website you visit, socially-connected app you use, email that passes outside your boundary, Flash content you play, etc, etc, etc.

And let's not forget all the info folks have about you in their phones. Can't keep them from sharing that or having it mined.

And BlackBerry too. They share the information they collect.

Whut?!? I guess you didn't read that pesky TOS carefully enough.

Seriously, singling out one company is an exercise in futility and dangerous because you don't understand the scope of the issue.

A false sense of privacy equals no privacy.
    04-10-16 12:04 PM
    So I guess everyone here is just ready to bend over and take it from Google?!?! Must be Priv users who replied.

acovey likes this.
    04-10-16 02:59 PM
    So I guess everyone here is just ready to bend over and take it from Google?!?! Must be Priv users who replied.

Nah, it's just that they're not so eager to vilify one company that they're willing to make excuses for the rest.
    04-10-16 03:54 PM
    Windows 10 absolutely does mine your data for targeted ads and serves ads, as well. If that weren't the case, why is there an option to opt-out of being assigned a unique advertising ID? And why would they aggressively promote (force) it as a free "upgrade" if there wasn't some other way for them to recoup that revenue?
    04-10-16 04:43 PM
    Targeted ads don't bother so much as not knowing if my name is attached to their data, whether they will ever sell it, how well is it secured etc.

It is a disgrace that our federal government does nothing to protect our privacy against these companies.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-10-16 09:44 PM

I actually don't have one - still on my Z10.

But I'm still considering a Priv. That's why I hang out here. Either that or an HTC One A9.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 11:52 PM

Passport SE!...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:48 AM

My thought is they know us BlackBerry users are ultra rare higher intelligent Beings thus are getting the FEMA camps ready for us in the New World Order!.... it's true!....

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 12:50 AM

All companies mine data in one way or another, they use it to find out how folks use their devices, the internet and for marketing purposes, if you are that worried about someone spying on your data, I suggest you stay off the grid.
    04-11-16 08:34 AM
    All companies mine data in one way or another, they use it to find out how folks use their devices, the internet and for marketing purposes, if you are that worried about someone spying on your data, I suggest you stay off the grid.
    And sometimes it just so your device works more efficiently, so that it can anticipate what you are looking for.

The key is can you turn off these "features", both in the OS and for individual apps...
    techvisor likes this.
    04-11-16 08:47 AM
    Isn't complete privacy on the internet something of an illusion?
    04-11-16 11:09 AM
    Isn't complete privacy on the internet something of an illusion?
    Control is the ultimate illusion.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-11-16 02:08 PM
    I don't understand why people think that Blackberry and Blackberry 10 will not be here tomorrow. It's just strange. All the odd, negativity and ...fear? Is it the age we live in? lol Is it standard of BB users (I'm new to the party. I LOVE my new white/gold Q10)? They won't pull the plug on it tomorrow and all app access will cease. It's just odd. hello? I still have my HP/Palm Pre 2 and I adored WebOS. It was the best at the time. Now, i've found BB10! I don't want anything else. Excited for the update. I still can use my Palm Pre 2 and it has apps (paid and homebrew) and they've closed up shop (includ support after about 2yrs when it was announced) and I can still used it to get to facebook. What's all the panic about. Not an iOS fan (but an apple macbook fan). Not impressed with Android although, I always want it in tablet form. Anyway, what gives? Long live Blackberry! Come on, where's all the positive people!?
    04-11-16 03:57 PM
    Anyway, what gives? Long live Blackberry! Come on, where's all the positive people!?
    Right here!

Posted via CB10
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    04-11-16 04:00 PM
    Right here!

Posted via CB10
    Yup.... that's the one! Lol

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-11-16 05:38 PM
    You're speaking like this because you're a BlackBerry fanboy!

Have you ever tried the return reicept of mail or the delivery notification?

The precision of mouse and most of all the IOS copy and paste adventure?!

Lmao

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 08:23 PM

Well, I guess I don't need to respond here *Plus 1*
    04-12-16 12:37 AM
    Yup.... that's the one! Lol

Posted via CB10
    I take that as a huge compliment, why thank you.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-12-16 01:32 AM
    You're speaking like this because you're a BlackBerry fanboy!

Have you ever tried the return reicept of mail or the delivery notification?

The precision of mouse and most of all the IOS copy and paste adventure?!

Lmao

Posted via CB10
    I would take that as a compliment as well, proud "BlackBerry Fanboy" tried the rest, stick with the best!...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 01:35 AM
    I switched to iOS back in October and I won't be looking back.
    With Apps like Outlook and Todoist my iP6s is awesome for my business needs.
    04-12-16 02:41 AM
28 12